these midge swarms tho

General discussion and socializing.

these midge swarms tho

Postby tetradigem » Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:52 pm

anyone else getting bombarded by midges constantly? i went afk last night to eat dinner, came back 20 minutes later with half my HHP gone because midges be all over me constantly and there is literally nothing i can do do them.

tried going to a swamp to gather some actual useful curios, dont have clovers yet so ive got to slowly follow dragonflies around for 5 minutes till i get one. but there the midges come out in force, im getting 2-6 swarms almost as soon as i walk into the swamps. why the hell were these things even added? just as a giant middle finger to people for being in game? worst part is if i go inside my house, come back 5 minutes later, theyre STILL waiting out there for me and zero in on me instantly.
tetradigem

Re: these midge swarms tho

Postby loftar » Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:10 pm

I find myself enjoying them. They don't debuff you in any way, and they heal pretty fast, but they add some insecurity in the low-HHP land that I think is well-placed.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby Granger » Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:12 pm

I still think fire should repell them, at least create a small safe zone for characters to cower in fear...
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby tetradigem » Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:14 pm

erm pretty fast? a couple hours at least, which is hardly "fast" when they dont stop spawning in non stop 10 squares away from me whether im working or idle. they should at least not apply a wound, and just do SHP damage so they cant kill you if you AFK.
tetradigem

Postby Granger » Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:16 pm

tetradigem wrote:AFK

You shoudn't do that in H&H.
Really, don't.
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby Uriel » Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:16 pm

Granger wrote:I still think fire should repell them, at least create a small safe zone for characters to cower in fear...

+1 great idea!
Uriel

Postby tetradigem » Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:17 pm

Granger wrote:

Really, don't.

so botting is perfectly fine. but lord forbid you AFK or jorb will murder you with flies that shouldnt even deal damage.
tetradigem

Postby VDZ » Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:52 pm

I don't mind midges in swamps (adds a bit of risk for wandering around in swamps for too long), but midges everywhere in the world is absolutely horrible when you don't have a claim yet; at the start I kept getting chased out of my base repeatedly by the midges. I could never sit down to eat and had a hard time building anything because of the damn midges.

Granger wrote:

Really, don't.

While this is obvious for long durations (20 minutes is just asking to be killed), these midges don't allow me to leave my character idle for even a minute while keeping an eye on the screen. Having to log out and re-party whenever you want to do something IRL is not fun.
VDZ

Postby iamahh » Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:12 pm

meh they wont be noticed in a couple weeks

i find more annoying the sound of beeswarms
iamahh

Postby VDZ » Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:19 pm

iamahh wrote:meh they wont be noticed in a couple weeks

i find more annoying the sound of beeswarms

Not noticed by us, but it will definitely affect new players' first impressions. Though I agree with you on the sounds coming from beehives.
VDZ

Next

Return to The Inn of Brodgar