these midge swarms tho

General discussion and socializing.

Re: these midge swarms tho

Postby Vassteel » Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:35 pm

im guessing you've never run into midges irl. they are by far the worst creatures on earth you get into a thick swarm and its over. they get in your eyes they get in your nose you'll get them in your ears you'll breathe them in if your moth isn't closed their horrible creatures
jorb wrote:Stop shitposting.
Vassteel

Postby The_Blode » Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:39 pm

I was turbopissed about them at first but since seeing how quickly the wounds fade I'm not too concerned anymore. I've come to accept that I'll hover between 60% and 30% of my max HHP, at least until i get REALLY settled in
The_Blode

Postby Granger » Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:34 pm

VDZ wrote:Though I agree with you on the sounds coming from beehives.

Yes, would be nice if the client could scale the volume of these depending on actual distance to the wild beehive.
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby loftar » Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:50 pm

Granger wrote:Yes, would be nice if the client could scale the volume of these depending on actual distance to the wild beehive.

It does, but the base volume is probably just way too high. I've already noted this myself. I also can't help but wonder if wild beehives are too common, it feels like they're on every other screen.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby Uriel » Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:19 pm

loftar wrote:
Granger wrote:Yes, would be nice if the client could scale the volume of these depending on actual distance to the wild beehive.

It does, but the base volume is probably just way too high. I've already noted this myself. I also can't help but wonder if wild beehives are too common, it feels like they're on every other screen.

Yes they are.
Uriel

Postby MagicManICT » Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:20 pm

loftar wrote:I also can't help but wonder if wild beehives are too common, it feels like they're on every other screen.

there's a thread in C&I on it viewtopic.php?f=48&t=63105
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Massa » Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:02 pm

loftar wrote:I find myself enjoying them. They don't debuff you in any way, and they heal pretty fast, but they add some insecurity in the low-HHP land that I think is well-placed.

every piece of content and wound you make is 'insecurity' in low-hhp land. Your beehives are literally not even manageable by end game fighters. I think you guys really have a misconception of how much early game is a 'cakewalk'
ImageImage
ass blast USA
Massa

Postby wonder-ass » Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:06 pm

tetradigem wrote:
Granger wrote:
tetradigem wrote:AFK

You shoudn't do that in H&H.
Really, don't.

so botting is perfectly fine. but lord forbid you AFK or jorb will murder you with flies that shouldnt even deal damage.

the point of midges is to counter afk bots in swamps... you literally have no idea what you talk about sometimes.
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Postby Massa » Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:09 pm

MagicManICT wrote:
loftar wrote:I also can't help but wonder if wild beehives are too common, it feels like they're on every other screen.

there's a thread in C&I on it viewtopic.php?f=48&t=63105

Oh yeah.

Wild Beehives are too common considering how easy and pathetic they are. They totally aren't infinite fountains of what are essentially layer 5 slimes. Good content, I'm glad Jorb and Lorb tested them thoroughly! They're such engaging content that they were worth the dev time because I think at least 1 person at some point has done it.
ImageImage
ass blast USA
Massa

Postby MagicManICT » Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:11 pm

wonder-ass wrote:the point of midges is to counter afk bots in swamps... you literally have no idea what you talk about sometimes.

And people complain that nothing is done about the bots...

Massa wrote:Wild Beehives are too common considering how easy and pathetic they are. They totally aren't infinite fountains of what are essentially layer 5 slimes. Good content, I'm glad Jorb and Lorb tested them thoroughly! They're such engaging content that they were worth the dev time because I think at least 1 person at some point has done it.

many of us are in agreement with you. No need to be a complete dick about it.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

PreviousNext

Return to The Inn of Brodgar