Dwarf Fortress on Steam

General discussion and socializing.

Re: Dwarf Fortress on Steam

Postby DamJNeT » Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:54 pm

Why would people be against it ?

They'll still realease the same updates to the ASCII version, so nothing will change for you. However for them, that could indeed bring an influx of new players, especially with the new graphics they're working on.

So what's the problem ? As far as I'm concerned, it's only beneficial for them, and absolutely nothing will change for the old timers.
DamJNeT

Postby viznew » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:15 pm

Iv played longtime and tryed so hard to get others to play and with this new graphics a bunch are at least willing to check it out, anyone that dont like it is crazy or just trying to be a crack in the sidewalk i check like 4 times a day to see if live yet lol thou soo little time to play its dont matter how slow i go and plus chrome remote works well with df
ImageImage
viznew

Postby jorb » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:20 pm

I've had a lot of fun with DF, but everytime I've tried it I've found the performance issues to be pretty real. My fort usually grinds to a crawl right about when it starts to get interesting.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Complications » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:50 pm

jorb wrote:I've had a lot of fun with DF, but everytime I've tried it I've found the performance issues to be pretty real. My fort usually grinds to a crawl right about when it starts to get interesting.

Pot calling the kettle black :D
Complications

Postby jorb » Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:19 pm

lel.

Not claiming to be better.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby iamahh » Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:40 pm

maybe with mods i can understand what's happening on my screen
iamahh

Postby viznew » Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:47 pm

jorb wrote:I've had a lot of fun with DF, but everytime I've tried it I've found the performance issues to be pretty real. My fort usually grinds to a crawl right about when it starts to get interesting.

i 100% agree with this, but i latly always try to go vamp fort and just feed the new comers to the vamps the key is dont let the vamp become freinds with any dwarf and it wont sprial into death
ImageImage
viznew

Previous

Return to The Inn of Brodgar