Dwarf Fortress on Steam

General discussion and socializing.

Re: Dwarf Fortress on Steam

Postby ricky » Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:17 pm

The controls are as unintuitive as HnH. nothing has changed that much on the UI side of things. in fact, there's probably more since you last played.

here's a picture of what you should expect from the steam version. it looks nice, but it's still just mashing keys zealously

For what its worth, here's what it looks like in the non-steam version with no graphics pack.
Have a question? Need help? Tired of people asking questions? Haven and Hearth Wiki.
jorb wrote:Ideally the game should play itself.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
ricky

Postby viznew » Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:42 pm

its gonna expose to more people and bring in more players

which will create more ideas and drive, as these guys love making it and even more when fans love it I think thay are addicted to working on it and as thay say only in the dark times of life do thay stray from it and thay always come back to feel better lol here is an interview that shows how thay see it

Dwarf Fortress: What Happens When It Becomes A Game? The Zach and Tarn Adams Interviews
ImageImage
viznew

Postby shubla » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:30 pm

If you have issue with sounds, graphics and controls of some game. Maybe it is not a game for you.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby budzilla » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:31 pm

shubla wrote:If you have issue with sounds, graphics and controls of some game. Maybe it is not a game for you.

Or, maybe, there's nothing wrong with making it more appealing to a wider audience? Ever thought of that?
budzilla

Postby shubla » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:32 pm

budzilla wrote:
shubla wrote:If you have issue with sounds, graphics and controls of some game. Maybe it is not a game for you.

Or, maybe, there's nothing wrong with making it more appealing to a wider audience? Ever thought of that?

Yes there is.
The time could be used to improve more important features of the game. Instead of licking some casual players asses by making cool controls and trendy UI's.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
shubla

Postby Ysh » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:33 pm

shubla wrote:
budzilla wrote:

Yes there is.
The time could be used to improve more important features of the game. Instead of licking some casual players asses by making cool controls and trendy UI's.

Usability is important feature of game.
Kaios wrote:Spice Girls are integral to understanding Ysh's thought process when communicating, duly noted.

I have become victory of very nice Jordan Coles Contest! Enjoy my winning submit here if it pleasures you.
Ysh

Postby budzilla » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:36 pm

retard wrote:
budzilla wrote:
retard wrote:If you have issue with sounds, graphics and controls of some game. Maybe it is not a game for you.

Yes there is.

You apparently have no understanding of why they went to steam in the first place either.
budzilla

Postby DatSheep » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:40 pm

HYPED!!! Good ol' google news informed me last night and I checked out some articles, I was expecting some players to be like "reeee youre making it nab/casual friendly smh" but tbh the original 'graphics' are pretty hard on my eyes so personally I'm on board
Something died in my basement and gave me rubella
DatSheep

Postby DatSheep » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:41 pm

smh @ shubla btw
Something died in my basement and gave me rubella
DatSheep

Postby shubla » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:42 pm

budzilla wrote:You apparently have no understanding of why they went to steam in the first place either.

Because they live in country that is ruled by some greedy non-religious-related persons that rather let them die than give them the medications they need? :?
And as a solution to this, they propose even more greediness.

DF has inspired so many games that developers of these games should be forced to give royalties to DF. (Like minecraft)
shubla

PreviousNext

Return to The Inn of Brodgar