Dwarf Fortress on Steam

General discussion and socializing.

Re: Dwarf Fortress on Steam

Postby budzilla » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:45 pm

Yeah if only we could all choose where we were born amirite? Anyone living in poverty should just move somewhere else lol what idiots.
budzilla

Postby NeoBasilisk » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:04 pm

the US will probably join the rest of the industrialized world with regard to healthcare sometime in the next couple decades
just have to avoid death until then
NeoBasilisk

Postby MagicManICT » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:30 pm

NeoBasilisk wrote:the US will probably join the rest of the industrialized world with regard to healthcare sometime in the next couple decades

Won't even take a decade. The conservatives are starting to jump on the bandwagon of some of these "liberal" ideas...

budzilla wrote:Yeah if only we could all choose where we were born amirite? Anyone living in poverty should just move somewhere else lol what idiots.

If you follow DF any, you see they keep everyone updated on the donations they get. They've been well past the point of qualifying for state subsidized medical care for at least a few years now. They weren't born into poverty, and Tarn, at least, had a promising career track in math. They made choices in life, and they and their family have been fine with it.

Every great medium needs great artists that are willing to sacrifice for their work. It's up to their patrons to make sure they're comfortable in life. And when you've had your work put on display at as a work of digital art at locations like the New York Metropolitan Museum of Art.... I realize that doesn't mean you are no longer a starving artist, but you'd think it'd encourage certain financial endowments from those that can afford to give them.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby budzilla » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:33 pm

MagicManICT wrote:If you follow DF any, you see they keep everyone updated on the donations they get. They've been well past the point of qualifying for state subsidized medical care for at least a few years now. They weren't born into poverty, and Tarn, at least, had a promising career track in math. They made choices in life, and they and their family have been fine with it.

Every great medium needs great artists that are willing to sacrifice for their work. It's up to their patrons to make sure they're comfortable in life. And when you've had your work put on display at as a work of digital art at locations like the New York Metropolitan Museum of Art.... I realize that doesn't mean you are no longer a starving artist, but you'd think it'd encourage certain financial endowments from those that can afford to give them.

You seem to have missed my point completely. Good job.
budzilla

Postby MagicManICT » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:41 pm

budzilla wrote:You seem to have missed my point completely. Good job.

No, I didn't miss you're point unless you're point was to completely derail the conversation. I politely ignored your deliberate attempt at trolling. It wasn't even funny. (The US-Mexico border has a lot to say about your comment.)
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby budzilla » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:44 pm

MagicManICT wrote:
budzilla wrote:You seem to have missed my point completely. Good job.

No, I didn't miss you're point unless you're point was to completely derail the conversation. I politely ignored your deliberate attempt at trolling. It wasn't even funny. (The US-Mexico border has a lot to say about your comment.)

My point is, just because they were born in the US doesn't mean they are greedy by asking for some profits on a game they've spent decades developing, especially considering the circumstances, as Shubla is implying. So yes, you seem to have missed my point.
budzilla

Postby Orcling » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:26 am

I have a much better PC than this and i can guarantee you that it's not fucking enough. Dudes are downplaying how much of a resource hog DF is, any moderately sized fortress will fry your PC unless you work at NASA
Orcling

Postby shubla » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:43 pm

Orcling wrote:Image

I have a much better PC than this and i can guarantee you that it's not fucking enough. Dudes are downplaying how much of a resource hog DF is, any moderately sized fortress will fry your PC unless you work at NASA

Only issue in DF performance is cpu I thinks.
Its single threaded so it will only utilize 1 core. The more clock speed you have the better, of course, not all clock speeds are equal and so on, as processors may have other different properties.
You can get pretty far by designing your fortresses correctly, so they won't start to lag so much.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Potjeh » Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:02 pm

Just don't fuck with liquids and you'll be fine.
Image Bottleneck
Potjeh

Postby budzilla » Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:27 pm

Remember to purge any excess cats as well. The catslopsion is no joke.
budzilla

PreviousNext

Return to The Inn of Brodgar