Where is Meteorites, Where is Siedge.

General discussion and socializing.

Re: Where is Meteorites, Where is Siedge.

Postby Ants » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:18 am

MightySheep wrote:
LostJustice wrote:Tbh, the complaints are the same each time. Last world raiding was done. It was a pain but it was doable when it was needed. This world, probably still doable but there are players who just want quick satisfaction of raiding like you because they can just do it without any real justification and there are others that wish to play the game as is and be able to protect what they have. I do believe there should be a system based on effort for protection but also a system to raid that equal to the effort spent. Why should someone grind anything or even play the game at all when some else can create and alt and bash their wall down and take their fruits and efforts without putting in an real effort of their own? To me, you have yet to justify a reason for this or a solution where people can protect it. The siege system is doable you just seem too lazy to do it and just want quick action. Not to mention majority of the population is not faction based. So they do not have the resources or abilities factions do and from a game developers stand point, you can't just say gtfo out to them.

Thing is, only decent compromise I have seen is one where the shield were re-implemented but we know how terrible that was and even then you still wont be happy because you have to spend effort to raid someone else's effort. Amazing how that logic worked.

Wow I didnt realize we had raiding experts in this thread. That's great maybe you can give me feedback on my dilemma. I want to raid a village but it has a very wide outer palisade followed by an inner palisade and a village which, like most has many wall sections inside. How do I raid it? Bearing in mind that I apparently cant build on enemy vclaim and ram only travels 20-25 tiles.

From what I understand I need to camp a ram for 24 hours (better buy stock up on hard drugs or something right? lol). Fending off any alts or archers. Also the defender is known very rich so he might pay people or have friends to gather to attack us so we better have a big group of well prepared people for that 24 hours I guess. This will get us past the first palisade but then the ram will break down, I guess thats another 8 hours we will have to camp the ram. Or is it? Nah I'm pretty sure the next wall is more than 25 tiles away, damn I guess its 16 hours. OK so 40 hours later we can finally bash into one of the sections of this guys village. Oh wait he could have built way more walls in that time couldnt he? its been over 24 hours after all shittt. Do you think there will be any loot left in that section of his village? Somehow it doesnt seem likely to me. I dunno maybe I'm a pessimist. Probably need to bash into the other sections of the village to achieve anything. So I guess we're talking 48, maybe 56 hours of camping rams. Maybe I'll need to wire myself up to electric chair to not fall asleep. hmm. You're right when I think of it like this maybe I'm just LAZY :lol:

Well I guess it meets your requirements of "system to raid that equal to the effort spent making village" since you could probably build a whole new village in this time.

Both you, VDZ and most people in this thread are really not honest. Please just repeat after me "I do not want raiding in this game." its not difficult lol. It's a perfeclty ok opinion to have. It's much less frustrating to me than when saying "I want raiding, I just think the requirements should be [insert ridiculous impossible task here]".

Maybe what this world lacks is more spruce slaughtering baddies and griefers, then you will really enjoy this broken siege system I'm sure. You forget that invincible bases applies to the bad as well as good.

Do you think this might fix it?
-being able to build on other people's vclaims as long as you have vandalism and you haven't passed through a visitor gate
-halved preparation time for battering rams and wrecking balls
You would still need people to camp the rams and balls, but it wouldn't be quite as tedious.

Raffeh wrote:Off topic a little here...

Maybe we should start a better thread for siege ideas in the correct place. I understand there needs to be a fine balance to keep hermit players safe and allow for sieging to be viable.

There's these:
viewtopic.php?f=48&t=64638
viewtopic.php?f=48&t=63416&p=805345&hilit=siege#p805345

Alternatively, you could start a new thread about how much sieges suck. A general siege discussion thread in C&I might be useful.
Haven's most kawaii retarded ethot karen
Ants

Postby Granger » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:37 am

Ants wrote:Do you think this might fix it?
-being able to build on other people's vclaims as long as you have vandalism and you haven't passed through a visitor gate

Building on other peoples claims has been removed for good reasons.
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby Raffeh » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:50 pm

Granger wrote:
Ants wrote:Do you think this might fix it?

Building on other peoples claims has been removed for good reasons.

You cannot bash a village banner by hand either if its on a enemy claim (which it will be) if its accessible it should be bashable. not like you cant put it inside the walls etc. People can just banner everywhere and no-one can bash them without a siege machine, which then again warns the owner on login.

I have not tested siege machines on a enemy player village banner/statue, I assume it will work though, as to not have a repeat of impenetrable hearth vaults.
TRAITORS WILL BE SHOT.
Raffeh

Postby De_Luxe » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:57 pm

I really like this game and its atmosphere, but what the hell for what purpose do I grow tons of wheat giktars, raise the quality of livestock, visit mines etc? In this game, there are no deficient resources that lead to weak interaction between people. Why do people start to leave after the first month of the game? For the reason that the game starts to bother her monotony and routine: fed the cattle, planted the beds, left the game. What is the point of an online game if there is no serious interaction between people in it?
Devs do you really think that people will sit for days on end to raid someone? People have family, work and rest after all. During this time, it is much easier to build a new village, with such mechanics the sieges have no meaning, most people in this game do not even know those mechanics because no one will sit for days and guard the siege machine..If you do not want to make any changes in this direction in the main world, create another world with simplified mechanics of raids, comparing online two worlds you will understand what people really want from the game.
Below I would like to say that I really do not like in the game at the moment and suggest ways to solve these problems, I think most players will be in solidarity with me.
1. The abundance of resources makes it necessary to create thousands of cupboards and there is not much point in their production, resources should both appear in the world and have to go out of it, we need a system for breaking tools of axes, picks, swords etc.
2. Simplify the injury system - reduce timers, wait a week to go hunting again it is too shitty.
3. LP that is taken to contain personal, village claims pass to the owners of the kingdom.
4. Completely rework the siege system and make it look like it was in Salem, but with a few changes:
- Putting siege claim on the territory that they want to raid (village, kingdom) 1000x1000 tiles, this claim is not vulnerable to destruction and is prepared within 24 hours, after which 6 hours is given for the raid, after 6 hours it is destroyed themself.
- Give the opportunity to raid personal claims without the siege claim (this will force people to unite and live in villages).
- Make it possible to break walls with hands (for each type of wall a certain level of strength is needed), siege machines will work as a strength multiplier and accordingly breakage speed.
- Prohibit the repair of any buildings under the siege claim.
- Add flaming braziers (like in Salem) that will shoot at the raiders causing damage and add injuries, or add viewing towers from which archers could shoot through walls.

These changes should change the current situation in the game and make the game much more alive.
De_Luxe

Postby Uriel » Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:26 pm

Wow... so many pages of shitstorm...
Guys, just chill.
People who build their village want it to be safe, if someone makes it for few months, easy and quick raid would be just idiotic. On the other hand, curent system aint perfect, palisade is to strong (it shoulf be bashable by hand like in old worlds, especialy if it isn't claimed!), same as pclaim. I would like to start making brickwalls, but in curent state- why bother?
Uriel

Postby NeoBasilisk » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:21 pm

Uriel wrote:Wow... so many pages of shitstorm...
Guys, just chill.
People who build their village want it to be safe, if someone makes it for few months, easy and quick raid would be just idiotic. On the other hand, curent system aint perfect, palisade is to strong (it shoulf be bashable by hand like in old worlds, especialy if it isn't claimed!), same as pclaim. I would like to start making brickwalls, but in curent state- why bother?

Palibashing was stupid and should never come back.
NeoBasilisk

Postby Granger » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:26 pm

NeoBasilisk wrote:Palibashing was stupid and should never come back.

While I agree for active claims... it might be a good idea to enable it for unclaimed walls.
Granger

Postby Granger » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:28 pm

De_Luxe wrote:... create another world with simplified mechanics of raids, comparing online two worlds you will understand what people really want from the game.

Which would be a reasonable experiment, one that I asked for (and was willing to finance) a while back for a similar question.
Granger

Postby Aceb » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:57 pm

De_Luxe wrote: - Putting siege claim on the territory that they want to raid (village, kingdom) 1000x1000 tiles, this claim is not vulnerable to destruction and is prepared within 24 hours, after which 6 hours is given for the raid, after 6 hours it is destroyed themself.
- Give the opportunity to raid personal claims without the siege claim (this will force people to unite and live in villages).
- Make it possible to break walls with hands (for each type of wall a certain level of strength is needed), siege machines will work as a strength multiplier and accordingly breakage speed.
- Prohibit the repair of any buildings under the siege claim.
- Add flaming braziers (like in Salem) that will shoot at the raiders causing damage and add injuries, or add viewing towers from which archers could shoot through walls.

1. I made once a request similar to that when shields were still a thing. However, it doesn't fix any of issue when any of the defenders have A LIFE and cannot participate in defeding at those hours, so your argument about "people having life and families and it should take less time" doesn't apply here or even I should say, it applies the same way it applies for 24 hours.. It doesn't matter if it's 24hours or 6hours if life is an obstacle and enemy know which timing would be the easiest to preform attack.

2. Raiding personal claims is already simplistic, as if hermit is going out for defense, as vandal alts will be probably stronger anyway. Why would You make it easier? Plain stupid, especially that it could lead to potential situation where one can't even make v-claim since destroying p-claim would be simplier.

3. NO PALIBASHING. IT WAS WRONG. IT IS STILL WRONG. NO. JUST NO.

4. Repairing wall is already an issue, if ever, siege machines should be buffed in terms of how far You can move those.

5. Nah. No. Dumb.
A quest for a hat. - W10
Haven't spawned yet
Aceb

Postby NeoBasilisk » Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:11 pm

Granger wrote:
NeoBasilisk wrote:Palibashing was stupid and should never come back.

While I agree for active claims... it might be a good idea to enable it for unclaimed walls.

I could agree with that
NeoBasilisk

PreviousNext

Return to The Inn of Brodgar