Where is Meteorites, Where is Siedge.

General discussion and socializing.

Re: Where is Meteorites, Where is Siedge.

Postby borka » Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:19 pm

De_Luxe wrote:-snip-
comparing online two worlds you will understand what people really want from the game.
Below I would like to say that I really do not like in the game at the moment and suggest ways to solve these problems, I think most players will be in solidarity with me.
-snip-
These changes should change the current situation in the game and make the game much more alive.

viewtopic.php?f=40&t=64729&p=820285#p820285
Java 8 - manually downloads - good to check for actual versions url here:
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=40331
Remember what the dormouse said: Feed your head Feed your head
borka

Postby Grog » Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:29 pm

Granger wrote:
De_Luxe wrote:... create another world with simplified mechanics of raids, comparing online two worlds you will understand what people really want from the game.

Which would be a reasonable experiment, one that I asked for (and was willing to finance) a while back for a similar question.

While I would really curious about the theoretical outcome, I doubt it would be to meaningful.
People focusing on building will not deliberatly join a world where their effort is destroyed more easily and following this I'm not even sure if the way smaller pvp fraction would join either (for the lack of easy targets).

I still wouldn't mind having that experiment.

What about the pvp-people here?
What do you say?
Favourite thread: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3388
Grog

Postby borka » Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:35 pm

viewtopic.php?f=48&t=64805#p820418

wellll .... yes ... ohem ...
Java 8 - manually downloads - good to check for actual versions url here:
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=40331
Remember what the dormouse said: Feed your head Feed your head
borka

Postby Sprymazi » Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:56 am

Why does it feel like I have been through this before? It's because I have.
I've played a somewhat similar game called Tibia. In tibia there are different servers. You can kill other players, but they can still re spawn with a penalty to their stats. Lose levels and stats etc when dying. A thing that we did in Tibia was unite all the strongest guilds and form something called "dominando". We would smite and gank people 24/7 with bots on Teamspeak notifying of login of any enemy of the dominando. We had cross realm discords with spawn claiming and roles. We had people with 5-6 bot accounts farming stats and levels all day long for 365 days a year. We would average hundreds of levels before anyone else and no one would dare to do anything. We had 100% total domination over 7-8 servers in a big huge alliance. It was all about power, nothing about "pvp-action". If anyone at all outside of alliance even said a bad word, stole a mob respawn, got in our way, was at the wrong place at the wrong time, or just looked at us funny, we would kill them on the spot. Big leaders from every server always cried that there was a couple of "safe" zones that people were protected from PVP inside, like the bank, spawn temple and boat trips. They would literally spam the forums to remove them and cry constantly about them not being able to power abuse to the extent they want. I know this shit first hand, i did the sins of power abusing, I ordered it, I did it for many years and I've talked to 100's of pvpers and leaders and they all do it because they like the feeling of power. The botters prolly cared most about the IRL money they got for trading all the high level shit they had for IRL-cash or the equivalent of "hats" in haven.

Now I see the exact same repetition happen here. With all the big alliances allying themselves together with literally no force to strike back at all. How do you expect pvp when you're outnumbering everyone else with a huge margin both in numbers and stats?

The end goal here I don't feel like is pvp content. It's total undeniable control over the map to show everyone you're the best of the best. Power trip galore.

If you are looking for pvp content. Fight then, but pvp content isn't drifting around in a knarr killing sprucecaps or 5v1ing unsuspecting people in dugouts 6 hours a day.

And yeah, I know HH did it last world, doesn't make it any better if you do it.
Last edited by Sprymazi on Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sprymazi

Postby Grog » Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:59 am

Thanks for sharing this detailed view.
It's interesting to hear a honest opinion from "the other" side.
Grog

Postby LostJustice » Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:25 pm

Sprymazi wrote:Why does it feel like I have been through this before? It's because I have.
I've played a somewhat similar game called Tibia. In tibia there are different servers. You can kill other players, but they can still re spawn with a penalty to their stats. Lose levels and stats etc when dying. A thing that we did in Tibia was unite all the strongest guilds and form something called "dominando". We would smite and gank people 24/7 with bots on Teamspeak notifying of login of any enemy of the dominando. We had cross realm discords with spawn claiming and roles. We had people with 5-6 bot accounts farming stats and levels all day long for 365 days a year. We would average hundreds of levels before anyone else and no one would dare to do anything. We had 100% total domination over 7-8 servers in a big huge alliance. It was all about power, nothing about "pvp-action". If anyone at all outside of alliance even said a bad word, stole a mob respawn, got in our way, was at the wrong place at the wrong time, or just looked at us funny, we would kill them on the spot. Big leaders from every server always cried that there was a couple of "safe" zones that people were protected from PVP inside, like the bank, spawn temple and boat trips. They would literally spam the forums to remove them and cry constantly about them not being able to power abuse to the extent they want. I know this shit first hand, i did the sins of power abusing, I ordered it, I did it for many years and I've talked to 100's of pvpers and leaders and they all do it because they like the feeling of power. The botters prolly cared most about the IRL money they got for trading all the high level shit they had for IRL-cash or the equivalent of "hats" in haven.

Now I see the exact same repetition happen here. With all the big alliances allying themselves together with literally no force to strike back at all. How do you expect pvp when you're outnumbering everyone else with a huge margin both in numbers and stats?

The end goal here I don't feel like is pvp content. It's total undeniable control over the map to show everyone you're the best of the best. Power trip galore.

If you are looking for pvp content. Fight then, but pvp content isn't drifting around in a knarr killing sprucecaps or 5v1ing unsuspecting people in dugouts 6 hours a day.

And yeah, I know HH did it last world, doesn't make it any better if you do it.

AD* not HH. Most of the time it was HH fighting AD for doing this.
LostJustice

Postby Burinn » Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:10 pm

Meteor spawned. Don't let anyone ever tell you a shitpost that gets to 30 page doesn't affect the devs!
sabinati wrote:do you expect me to just check the forum constantly, fuck off
Burinn

Postby Grog » Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:40 pm

Where is Meteorites, Where is Siedge.

I look to left, only big shitpost thread.

I look right, I only see AD seamarks.

Wtf with this game, I try to find rock, but it's in Granger's garden.

Where is Meteorites, Where is Siedge
Grog

Postby Lalaxx » Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:43 pm

Raffeh wrote:Please do something about siege... we have literally reverted to legacy mechanics which were already terrible... but now they get a warning... which makes it even harder..

Maybe each village can set a 'raid window' which is 6 hours long and the village walls can only be destroyed within that window. This will allow players from all timezones to set a specific window they are most active to defend.

We can then reduce the dry timer from 24 hours to like 2 hours.

There was a similar system in conan exiles.

To check what window the village has, you just have to walk within 5 tiles of the village and inspect the ground.

you can change the raid window but it takes 48 hours to take effect.

+
Lalaxx

Postby Ants » Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:57 pm

Raffeh wrote:
Granger wrote:
Ants wrote:Do you think this might fix it?
-being able to build on other people's vclaims as long as you have vandalism and you haven't passed through a visitor gate

Building on other peoples claims has been removed for good reasons.

You cannot bash a village banner by hand either if its on a enemy claim (which it will be) if its accessible it should be bashable. not like you cant put it inside the walls etc. People can just banner everywhere and no-one can bash them without a siege machine, which then again warns the owner on login.

I have not tested siege machines on a enemy player village banner/statue, I assume it will work though, as to not have a repeat of impenetrable hearth vaults.

Is there any reason you can't bash them? That seems pretty bullshit. If you can't build on vclaims and you can't destroy village banners, how are people supposed to conduct raids? Villages with banners a good distance away from their walls are almost invulnerable, if I'm understanding things correctly.
Haven's most kawaii retarded ethot karen
Ants

Previous

Return to The Inn of Brodgar