what game would you make

General discussion and socializing.

what game would you make

Postby viznew » Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:53 pm

post a short simple game idea

I just wish id dedicate time and make a game ima keep it simple cause I hope someone steals it and makes it but damn iv put 1000s of hours into thinking of games id make this is most recent

example for idea http://factoryidle.com/

take this but give is more depth like take google maps and you start a factory near ya and different regions have diff prices and needs and you build your factory based off what profits every area is different and different supply needs hopefully based off real life things and you can sell stocks for quick cash or buy stocks of other players and it has a stock market thing going where you can split your stock and other things companys really do, swoop in and flood market with cheap products and stuff to kill of other players factorys

you can do illegal activys but you'll get fines for jailed (basicly very limited control for few days to weeks) if caught, other players can whistle blow if gather evadense by sending private eyes and then investigators to right location where crime was recently commited but theres limited investigtors so use them wiseing as thay very busy

lol prob wouldnt get enough players to be a thing but i want it
ImageImage
viznew

Re: what game would you make

Postby jordancoles » Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:10 pm

Not really a game but I've been wanting an app that allows you to input multiple addresses and then shows you the quickest map route to hit all of them in order without backtracking or driving all around town

I wish I had this app every time I need to do errands in a new city and don't know where everything is yet.
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby rye130 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:19 pm

jordancoles wrote:Not really a game but I've been wanting an app that allows you to input multiple addresses and then shows you the quickest map route to hit all of them in order without backtracking or driving all around town

I wish I had this app every time I need to do errands in a new city and don't know where everything is yet.

That's already a thing. iPhone app called Route does it, I imagine there are Android solutions as well.
rye130

Postby MagicManICT » Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:13 pm

rye130 wrote:I imagine there are Android solutions as well.

there are. If it's on iPhone, it's on Android (very few exceptions to that).
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby viznew » Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:15 pm

I heard about it awhile ago it is a thing google found a bunch

googled find fastest route
ImageImage
viznew

Postby MagicManICT » Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:54 pm

viznew wrote:take this but give is more depth like take google maps and you start a factory near ya and different regions have diff prices and needs and you build your factory based off what profits every area is different and different supply needs hopefully based off real life things and you can sell stocks for quick cash or buy stocks of other players and it has a stock market thing going where you can split your stock and other things companys really do, swoop in and flood market with cheap products and stuff to kill of other players factorys

That's a mouthful...

I love good factory games. Plan on picking up the latest, Satisfactory, as soon as I get the spare cash. (Coming from the same guys as Goat Simulator, it should be fun, right?)

More to the point, though... I'm not sure if I should continue expressing thoughts here or keep them to myself. You mention Google maps, though... you thinking just a single player game, multiplayer, or something more like AR?
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby shubla » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:02 pm

jordancoles wrote:Not really a game but I've been wanting an app that allows you to input multiple addresses and then shows you the quickest map route to hit all of them in order without backtracking or driving all around town

From an algorithmic point of view, task like that is very difficult (but also quite interesting) to solve if you have many locations or other constraints.
Using car as a transportation method adds some additional complexity to it, because you have to get length of routes between all of your addresses before you can even start solving the problem.
Google has API that can get you distance matrices (and also optimize some set of waypoints by their some heuristic) BUT they have quite harsh rate limits, and also this API is not free to use. (Because it is computationally quite intensive task to optimize these things even with some cool approximate heuristics)
I guess that is part of the reason why there are not many free tools out there to solve a problem like this. I am also pretty sure that some apps which claim to optimize your waypoints are using some very sketchy methods which results in very non-optimal routes.
I spent way too much time researching the subject when there was one small coding competition in Finland, where you had to find an optimal route for santa claus to deliver some presents to the world.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby viznew » Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:20 am

MagicManICT wrote:

Multiplayer just overlayed on google maps mostly cause it saves time and its huge, start with random supply needs and demand generator and slowly add local aspects (navy bases needs steel, fuel, weapons,ect... big citys like phones, food, illegal weapons, drugs....rural farm equipment, can produce stuff cheap labor but shipping cost

something like that just a more real running a company thing its prob not best idea but iv become obsessed with idle factory games and none are quite what i want
ImageImage
viznew

Postby shubla » Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:52 pm

viznew wrote: iv become obsessed with idle factory games and none are quite what i want

I guess that its a common problem of them being bad. But the internet is so saturated of those games already...
So even if somebody would make a really fancy idle factory game, no one would play it, probably.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby alecciarosewater » Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:34 am

A corrupted children's storybook where you can change your decisions by physically flipping back and forth between pages
alecciarosewater

Next

Return to The Inn of Brodgar