What if you went vegan in Haven and Hearth?

General discussion and socializing.

Re: What if you went vegan in Haven and Hearth?

Postby Fostik » Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:36 pm

How will you determine is it animal food or not?
By the color of sprite in inverntory?
Or by table name ~"type" of database what stores your data about your inventory?
Known as zunzon. Contact discord: zunzon.
Fostik

Postby DatSheep » Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:46 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong but a lot of civilizations and peoples were more vegan than we are in more recent years, sans current vegans and some religions being strict about vegan diet, right? Even pre-agricultural revolution they had to scavenge a lot and when they did eat meat, it was often times also scavenged if not hunted with lots of fellow hunters. I doubt they had meat to eat before every big hunt, forage party, etc. There are other energy giving foods technically, back then and more so now.

Ofc with hafen game mechanics vegans won't last long unless they're in an isolated area where they get to do their thing, but why y'all hating on vegans irl? Smh at least most of them are trying to help out the planet/animals/industry workers and be healthy and don't go around being retarded about it
Something died in my basement and gave me rubella
DatSheep

Postby Hrenli » Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:53 pm

DatSheep wrote:but why y'all hating on vegans irl?

Mostly that https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0O_VYcsIk8 I guess.
Too old to rock-n-roll, too young to die.
Hrenli

Postby 张公 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:11 pm

Hominids became people after they learned to eat carrion and other hominids.
张公

Postby MagicManICT » Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:32 pm

dageir wrote:If a character plays vegan he would not be able to participate in strenous labour. In order to realistically work as a lumberjack for instance, you would need energy dense foods.

Fruitwrap. Do insects count as vegan or no? I'm thinking no. And what if we had animated mushroom folk, would they be allowed?
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby jock » Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:23 pm

MagicManICT wrote:
dageir wrote:If a character plays vegan he would not be able to participate in strenous labour. In order to realistically work as a lumberjack for instance, you would need energy dense foods.

Fruitwrap. Do insects count as vegan or no? I'm thinking no. And what if we had animated mushroom folk, would they be allowed?

Are slimes a vegetable?
jock

Postby Granger » Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:57 pm

DatSheep wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong but a lot of civilizations and peoples were more vegan than we are in more recent years, sans current vegans and some religions being strict about vegan diet, right?

Yes. And they died early, often quite sick.
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby jorb » Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:32 pm

Should have the same result as IRL: Nutritional deficiencies, being constantly hangry, brain fog, and eventually death if you really persist.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby The_Blode » Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:24 pm

jorb wrote:Should have the same result as IRL: Nutritional deficiencies, being constantly hangry, brain fog, and eventually death if you really persist.

IS THIS THE HOT TAKES THREAD
The_Blode

Postby jorb » Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:01 pm

The_Blode wrote:
jorb wrote:Should have the same result as IRL: Nutritional deficiencies, being constantly hangry, brain fog, and eventually death if you really persist.

IS THIS THE HOT TAKES THREAD

You know it.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

PreviousNext

Return to The Inn of Brodgar