borka

Re: Search for Haven & Hearth and ProJared's face show up

Postby uncleseano » Sat May 11, 2019 9:11 pm

borka wrote:uncleseano made overtyped happy ... :P

Well there's that I guess
uncleseano

Postby Kaios » Sat May 11, 2019 9:19 pm

overtyped wrote:I thought there was a saying. It's better to let 10 criminals go free than punish 1 innocent man. However now it seems every man gets punished just for being accused without evidence. Clown world fiesta

What's interesting to me are all the memes about cheating when the cheating is the smaller concern in this matter compared to the alleged solicitation of minors. I read a bit about it too and I could only find a story about a girl who said she was 16, and if that's in Washington then they have a sexual consent age of 16.

However, even being the legal age, the power imbalance of someone "famous" attempting to manipulate a fan or fans will certainly be taken in to consideration.
Kaios

Postby overtyped » Sat May 11, 2019 9:21 pm

Kaios wrote:
overtyped wrote:I thought there was a saying. It's better to let 10 criminals go free than punish 1 innocent man. However now it seems every man gets punished just for being accused without evidence. Clown world fiesta

What's interesting to me are all the memes about cheating when the cheating is the smaller concern in this matter compared to the alleged solicitation of minors. I read a bit about it too and I could only find a story about a girl who said she was 16, and if that's in Washington then they have a sexual consent age of 16.

However, even being the legal age, the power imbalance of someone "famous" attempting to manipulate a fan or fans will certainly be taken in to consideration.

what's it like living your life while believing everything said by any random person as fact? truly curious
Bob Dole, world first Whale Killer! viewtopic.php?f=80&t=75087
overtyped

Postby Kaios » Sat May 11, 2019 9:22 pm

cool your jets there guy I wasn't stating anything one way or the other, only pointing out the reality of his situation and also mocking the fact that everyone is so focused on the cheating when who even cares if he cheated that isn't anyone's business
Kaios

Postby overtyped » Sat May 11, 2019 9:24 pm

Kaios wrote:cool your jets there guy I wasn't stating anything one way or the other, only pointing out the reality of his situation and also mocking the fact that everyone is so focused on the cheating when who even cares if he cheated that isn't anyone's business

-That's par for the course. When a woman gets broken up with, alot of the time they will throw out every allegation in the book and see what sticks. Now that she's on a roll, maybe she'll call him a rapist and a murderer, it doesn't really matter since every beta male and feminist on the internet is going to believe her because vagina.
Bob Dole, world first Whale Killer! viewtopic.php?f=80&t=75087
overtyped

Postby Kaios » Sat May 11, 2019 9:48 pm

overtyped wrote:-That's par for the course. When a woman gets broken up with, alot of the time they will throw out every allegation in the book and see what sticks. Now that she's on a roll, maybe she'll call him a rapist and a murderer, it doesn't really matter since every beta male and feminist on the internet is going to believe her because vagina.

Well that is why in criminal proceedings the burden of proof is on the accuser and not the accused and their guilt must be proven beyond a reasonable doubt. It is why so many people whose guilt most may be certain of end up getting away with their actions in criminal proceedings but losing lawsuits in civil proceedings and still have to pay out damages as the burden of proof in a civil action only has to be higher than 50%, or in other words more likely than not.

I tend to wait until all the facts are out before I come to a decision but of course many others don't share this perspective and are quick to jump on witch hunt band wagons without really taking the time to consider the facts and evidence.

We will just have to wait for the world's most trusted and reliable news source, Pew News, to let us know what's going on.
Kaios

Postby MagicManICT » Sat May 11, 2019 10:13 pm

Kaios wrote:However, even being the legal age, the power imbalance of someone "famous" attempting to manipulate a fan or fans will certainly be taken in to consideration.

And every rock star ever would be convicted of sex crimes....

overtyped wrote:Magicman you are a rapist. Now that i've said that, we can't say one way or another if it's true or not, afterall i said you are. Clearly there is no grounds to say you are innocent. Jorb please unmod him, he could be a rapist.
This is your own clown logic, and i have looked into it, there is no case besides his wife saying stuff that he did.

Maybe I am... I am aging. I've lived through the 80s and 90s before the #metoo movement. How many times have I had drunken sex with a woman and she "consented" by not saying "no?"

There's a difference between making baseless accusations and slander. What you propose is slander and is prosecutable in civil court in the US. There are standards with making such charges, and making them lightly will end up getting yourself sued.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby azrid » Sat May 11, 2019 10:16 pm

what a mess
azrid

Postby Kaios » Sat May 11, 2019 10:46 pm

MagicManICT wrote:And every rock star ever would be convicted of sex crimes....

Not necessarily as in those cases they also have a certain amount of money or influence to assist in escaping those charges. It's a bit different for a teacher or counselor, or some other similar profession in which adults are in a position of trust over vulnerable youth.
Kaios

PreviousNext

Return to The Inn of Brodgar