I'm writing a Blog about MMOs

General discussion and socializing.

I'm writing a Blog about MMOs

Postby GamingRAM » Fri May 24, 2019 11:33 am

Hey guys, so I decided to start writing a blog about MMOs. I've found that as a genre MMOs are one of the most unique and complicated, and it fascinates me.

There are times where I reference Haven & Hearth in it, but this blog primarily focuses on the concepts or ideas of certain aspects of MMOs, rather any particular MMO. Note that not all ideas I suggest or discussions can be applied to Haven specifically as each MMO tends to differ in their vision.
If any of this interests you consider giving it a read! I'd totally like to have a discussion on this kind of stuff, getting to hear some knowledge on other MMOs would be nice as playing through each of them can be rather time consuming.

https://level1troll.blogspot.com/

Topics I've written about so far:
- Legacy Servers
- Using In-Game Status as a form of Gatekeeping
- Monster Races in MMO
World 12: Quit at some point.
World 11: Community Fair Worker
World 10: Co-Founder of the Northern Kingdom, Resident of Emerald City, Founder and Mayor of the Hole of Glory, RamZ's Art Emporium at CF, Member of the CFL Rams.
World 9: Founder of SnoopVille, Resident of Emerald City
World 7: Hermit and Neighbor to a dead Korean
GamingRAM

Re: I'm writing a Blog about MMOs

Postby overtyped » Sat May 25, 2019 10:50 pm

GamingRAM wrote:Hey guys, so I decided to start writing a blog about MMOs. I've found that as a genre MMOs are one of the most unique and complicated, and it fascinates me.

There are times where I reference Haven & Hearth in it, but this blog primarily focuses on the concepts or ideas of certain aspects of MMOs, rather any particular MMO. Note that not all ideas I suggest or discussions can be applied to Haven specifically as each MMO tends to differ in their vision.
If any of this interests you consider giving it a read! I'd totally like to have a discussion on this kind of stuff, getting to hear some knowledge on other MMOs would be nice as playing through each of them can be rather time consuming.

https://level1troll.blogspot.com/

Topics I've written about so far:
- Legacy Servers
- Using In-Game Status as a form of Gatekeeping
- Monster Races in MMO

What you are doing is very interesting and unique, so precious in fact that you should keep it a secret instead of posting it on your blog. Just write it out on a piece of paper and store it somewhere that none will ever see.
Bob Dole, world first Whale Killer! viewtopic.php?f=80&t=75087
overtyped

Return to The Inn of Brodgar