Does anyone have population information for w6 and w7?

General discussion and socializing.

Re: Does anyone have population information for w6 and w7?

Postby DDDsDD999 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:11 pm

rhzk wrote:
Amanda44 wrote:We don't need players? :?

Game has become a bit tedious now though tbh, farming RNG, constant injuries from everything you do, ocean travel, amount of credo quests, etc, etc ... I'm barely playing this world and the majority of ppl I communicate with are feeling the same way ... it's a shame.

"People get tired after few months because of all the tedium and quit."
- The variability of the gameplay due to these "features" makes the game special. If it scares people who can't play this way, then it's even better - low population in H&H makes sense itself.

The "low player count is a feature" meme is ironic, I'm not sure if you got the memo.
DDDsDD999

Postby rhzk » Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:01 am

DDDsDD999 wrote:
rhzk wrote:
Amanda44 wrote:We don't need players? :?

Game has become a bit tedious now though tbh, farming RNG, constant injuries from everything you do, ocean travel, amount of credo quests, etc, etc ... I'm barely playing this world and the majority of ppl I communicate with are feeling the same way ... it's a shame.

"People get tired after few months because of all the tedium and quit."
- The variability of the gameplay due to these "features" makes the game special. If it scares people who can't play this way, then it's even better - low population in H&H makes sense itself.

The "low player count is a feature" meme is ironic, I'm not sure if you got the memo.

"Feature" in H&H is all you see now, not only low player count. Its an unique experience that always change due new World. What you see now its a part of process being a hearthling in this strange and beautiful world.
Last edited by rhzk on Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
rhzk

Postby dafels » Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:19 pm

funny thing that hafen was supposed to be a 'step forward', but actually it is not by looking at the player count compared to legacy, it is literally on the same levels except for the first 2 months of world.... the game has way too many punishing mechanics... I think the devs should actually be focusing on trying to make the game more enjoyable than adding more and more punishing mechanics if they want a larger playerbase
dafels

Postby MagicManICT » Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:15 am

I don't really have any more insight to the thoughts of jorb and loftar than any of you guys and gals. This is my observance:

The only thing that I can think of is that Seatribe is about boutique video gaming experiences, and not for mass consumption. If it becomes what the masses enjoy, then so be it. I'm not sure that it will even be possible given the sentiments expressed about expanding development and the needed team members. If it keeps a few hundred people entertained and pays well enough to support their lives, then that's ok, too.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Kaios » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:00 am

MagicManICT wrote:If it keeps a few hundred people entertained and pays well enough to support their lives, then that's ok, too.

I'm honestly skeptical of the player count numbers especially at hours like right now because I find it hard to believe there is actually 200-250 real players online when it's 3 am EST and 10 AM on a Thursday in Russia and the first two player locations given are like 75 online in Russian Federation 50 in US and the rest are well below those numbers. It makes no sense at all. Seems more like there's a few fuckin idiots like me left that actually enjoy playing the game for what it is and everyone else is concerned about making bank on tokens.

Forum activity has also been incredibly low.
Kaios

Postby wonder-ass » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:58 am

lack of quick means of travel REALLY killed this world honestly. 200 people online? no problem port to cf there are always some nabs or people there to talk and larp with. IMO drastically lower will requirement 500 will to travel ON THE SAME CONTINENT is ridiculous, no nab will have that for a good while.
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Postby azrid » Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:33 pm

People need to boycott current version of the game and go play in w7.
azrid

Postby Colin500 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:08 pm

Kaios wrote:Forum activity has also been incredibly low.

I suppose that Discord did kill forums a bit, so hard to say how would it have looked these days.
It's also amazing that even though back then the game had been basically abandoned by devs, the player count didn't drop below 200 for so long.
Colin500

Postby dageir » Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:22 pm

Colin500 wrote:
Kaios wrote:Forum activity has also been incredibly low.

I suppose that Discord did kill forums a bit, so hard to say how would it have looked these days.
It's also amazing that even though back then the game had been basically abandoned by devs, the player count didn't drop below 200 for so long.

Regular shitposters seem to have abandoned the forums. Worrying..
dageir

Postby borka » Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:10 pm

azrid wrote:People need to boycott current version of the game and go play in w7.

Didn't work ... tried hard for years :P ;)
Java 8 - manually downloads - good to check for actual versions url here:
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=40331
Remember what the dormouse said: Feed your head Feed your head
borka

PreviousNext

Return to The Inn of Brodgar