Does anyone have population information for w6 and w7?

General discussion and socializing.

Re: Does anyone have population information for w6 and w7?

Postby OtsukiYorauzo » Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:00 am

too many noob slayers actually.
I had alot of neighbors during the first week of W11 and then now no one is even bothering to keep their claim active.
W7 - Crestfall
W8 - Crestfall
W10 - Pueblo Comedia
W11 - Hermit
W11 - Misplaced Caves
W12 - Insulated Gulch
W14 - Hermit
OtsukiYorauzo

Postby bmjclark » Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:40 am

Granger wrote:Some agreement seems to be on endless character growth + open PvP + permadeath not being the ideal combination for a competitive multiplayer game.

(sorry to bump this thread 3 weeks late, i havent looked at the forums in a while)

This was an issue in legacy as well. Yet it held players much better than hafen (at least in w7). I personally think a lot of the new systems added are just annoying and it's death by a thousand cuts. Satiations are irritating because of rng, random bullshit spawning from cave walls and attacking u is annoying, mine supports taking damage ticks is annoying, the way you optimally farm now is annoying, wounds are annoying, midges are annoying etc. It feels like half the new things that get added or changed are just annoying or outright bad.

There's also something to be said for the fact that grinding now compared to legacy makes a far bigger difference because of how combat works. In legacy no matter what const you grinded you were probably getting one shotted if you got hit with no defense by a b12, now it's very possible to eat multiple hits if you've been popping hearts all world and have like 1500 hp. There's also a far bigger quality disparity than legacy ever had because now you make your own dirt, dig your well deeper and make higher quality bone clay (easier than legacy bone clay anyways) putting the people who were ahead even further ahead and shutting those who are behind out of any kind of group combat just on stats and quality alone.

And on the combat front, legacy combat was fun, this combat is ass.

I don't know, there's a lot of problems but i firmly believe the game has gone very, very far in the wrong direction.
Cajoes wrote:I was the murder victim your guy aggro'd. And slew. Entirely unprovoked. Rather handily at that. Which prompted the retaliatory party. That you also handily slew.
bmjclark

Postby Kaios » Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:24 am

Your points are certainly valid it's hard to disagree with them, I think in the attempts to try and mitigate the effects of and move away from permadeath it seems like those annoying aspects of certain mechanics are being included in order to fill the gap of the large impact that a character loss had on someone's progression. They could come back if they had a decent industry sure, but injuries and everything associated with them for example were something born out of wanting to reduce the negative impact of permadeath through the inclusion of less severe but time-gated mechanics that could be used to extend the process ultimately leading to death and that might be the very issue that ends up turning players off the game instead.
Kaios

Postby Prowny » Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:05 am

Don't remember much of w6 didn't play it much, but from what I recall, w7 was actually way more active than the current one. It had this big influx of newbies coming in and getting eaten by boars (thus ragequitting). Actually I kept waiting for that this world, finding corpses all over the map, starting to realize it just won't happen.
loftar wrote:The tears in this thread are so delicious
Prowny

Postby jordancoles » Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:29 pm

OtsukiYorauzo wrote:too many noob slayers actually.
I had alot of neighbors during the first week of W11 and then now no one is even bothering to keep their claim active.

That's a boredom or client performance thing more than anything
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby shubla » Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:51 am

jordancoles wrote:

Game takes too much time. Everything is too tedious.
Playing casually is impossible.
People get tired after few months because of all the tedium and quit.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Re: What's wrong

Postby borka » Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:55 am

Forager Credo: first Quest - Raid an Anthill
Fisherman Credo: third Quest - Defeat a Beaver

If i wouldn't know better i'd think the devs must be complete idiots ... but for sure something with their wiring went a bit nuts ...
Java 8 - manually downloads - good to check for actual versions url here:
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=40331
Remember what the dormouse said: Feed your head Feed your head
borka

Postby rhzk » Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:44 am

shubla wrote:
jordancoles wrote:

Game takes too much time. Everything is too tedious.
Playing casually is impossible.
People get tired after few months because of all the tedium and quit.

Wich is good. We don't need them.
rhzk

Postby Amanda44 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:32 am

We don't need players? :?

Game has become a bit tedious now though tbh, farming RNG, constant injuries from everything you do, ocean travel, amount of credo quests, etc, etc ... I'm barely playing this world and the majority of ppl I communicate with are feeling the same way ... it's a shame.
Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Animal lovers - Show us your pets! - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44444#p577254
Amanda44

Postby Ardennesss » Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:43 pm

Amanda44 wrote:We don't need players? :?

Game has become a bit tedious now though tbh, farming RNG, constant injuries from everything you do, ocean travel, amount of credo quests, etc, etc ... I'm barely playing this world and the majority of ppl I communicate with are feeling the same way ... it's a shame.
Remember folks, tedium is a feature that 5 people playing this game enjoy. Let's keep catering to those 5, what can go wrong?
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Ardennesss

PreviousNext

Return to The Inn of Brodgar