Does anyone have population information for w6 and w7?

General discussion and socializing.

Does anyone have population information for w6 and w7?

Postby bmjclark » Wed May 29, 2019 2:52 am

Me and a villager were having a debate about which version of this game retained a higher percentage of it's playerbase (hafen or legacy). Im interested to see if anyone has numbers from legacy worlds, namely w6 or w7 because those were 2 of the longer running worlds of legacy.

I dont remember w6 ever dropping below 300 players online at a time, but i'd love to see actual numbers for it instead of just numbers from my memory which could be very wrong.
Cajoes wrote:I was the murder victim your guy aggro'd. And slew. Entirely unprovoked. Rather handily at that. Which prompted the retaliatory party. That you also handily slew.
bmjclark

Re: Does anyone have population information for w6 and w7?

Postby MagicManICT » Wed May 29, 2019 8:25 am

I remember 6 dropping low within about six months. Before the year mark, it was dipping below 100 frequently, it seems like. Between the horrendous lag and the map corruption (minor compared to the previous world), a lot of people just gave up.

Sorry, don't have numbers, and hope someone does.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Amanda44 » Wed May 29, 2019 11:34 am

I don't have exact numbers either but W6 did indeed drop below 100 due to the lag mainly, I was still playing up until the end as I'm a sucker and kept expecting it to get fixed or something, lol, but there were days when it was like 50 or less online with me!

W7 was still pretty active up until the new version was released, the core 300 on average ... it dropped a bit in the last few weeks leading up to the release which is to be expected but there were still days when it was 250 or so.
Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Animal lovers - Show us your pets! - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44444#p577254
Amanda44

Postby shubla » Wed May 29, 2019 1:30 pm

Devs have statistics, I am sure.
Would also be interesting to see perhaps statistics where IP's are only counted once, to reduce the impact of bots and alts on the playercount.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby dafels » Wed May 29, 2019 2:30 pm

Amanda44 wrote:r but W6 did indeed drop below 100 due to the lag mainly, I was still playing up until the end as I'm a sucker and kept expecting it to get fixed or something.

I think the lag got fixed though few months before the world ended
dafels

Postby Amanda44 » Wed May 29, 2019 2:36 pm

dafels wrote:
Amanda44 wrote:r but W6 did indeed drop below 100 due to the lag mainly, I was still playing up until the end as I'm a sucker and kept expecting it to get fixed or something.

I think the lag got fixed though few months before the world ended

Actually now you say that I think I remember it did, or was at least better, but it was too late by then to draw majority of players back. It was still dead at the end of W6. :)
Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Animal lovers - Show us your pets! - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44444#p577254
Amanda44

Postby OtsukiYorauzo » Wed May 29, 2019 3:48 pm

I missed W7
I only played it for like 5 months then it was scrapped into W8.
W7 - Crestfall
W8 - Crestfall
W10 - Pueblo Comedia
W11 - Hermit
W11 - Misplaced Caves
W12 - Insulated Gulch
W14 - Hermit
OtsukiYorauzo

Postby Brandon_Nevera » Wed May 29, 2019 6:19 pm

I’m about 90% sure new Haven is more populated than the previous. Like other people before me said, lag in world 6 was atrocious and I know the player count reflected that quite quickly after its inception.
Brandon_Nevera

Postby borka » Wed May 29, 2019 6:30 pm

There was a week - lag times - when there was max of 6 players online in w6 ... W7 retained a higher percentage overall i'd say (till hafen came) - and bot count too ;)

a bit of w7 you see at "All" http://104.168.47.163/RedFox/Haven/Tracker.html

@Otsuki ... w7 (legacy) is still running!
http://legacy.havenandhearth.com/portal/srv-state
Java 8 - manually downloads - good to check for actual versions url here:
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=40331
Remember what the dormouse said: Feed your head Feed your head
borka

Postby dafels » Wed May 29, 2019 6:51 pm

borka wrote:There was a week - lag times - when there was max of 6 players online in w6 ... W7 retained a higher percentage overall i'd say (till hafen came) - and bot count too ;)

a bit of w7 you see at "All" http://104.168.47.163/RedFox/Haven/Tracker.html

@Otsuki ... w7 (legacy) is still running!
http://legacy.havenandhearth.com/portal/srv-state

I remember the lowest at the lag times I saw was like 30-40, maybe in some time zones that I don't play in it was even lower. But after they fixed the lag the player count quickly got back up to 100-150 at peak. The 'lag times' were most fun haven times for me despite the lag tbh, partially, because I was discovering the game, had my own village and got into factions/big boi pvp that world.
dafels

Next

Return to The Inn of Brodgar