Why w11 is bad

General discussion and socializing.

Re: Why w11 is bad

Postby Granger » Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:17 pm

Kaios wrote:... spent the entirety of the world harassing us for truly bullshit reasons.

Sounds like a case of normal haven players...
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Postby Headchef » Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:19 pm

Kaios wrote:
Headchef wrote:Being inclusive is simply retarded because at that point you might as well start without criminal acts and all be on the same team.

There is incentive for this to not be the case, because the game would be terribly boring without conflict.

And yet some idiots are gonna give my group a hard time for not being inclusive with their realm? Either you are totally full of shit right now or those losers spent the entirety of the world harassing us for truly bullshit reasons.

No idea what you are attempting to say here.
You are a different kingdom, so we fight, what's the confusion?
Headchef

Postby MagicManICT » Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:12 pm

Headchef wrote:No idea what you are attempting to say here.

Sounds fair to me. /shrug

My question, though--when does fighting simply become bullying? Is there really any fun in it? Or is it more just to alleviate the boredom because nobody else will actually fight? You're clearly not fighting for subsistence like many of the old raiding cultures.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Zentetsuken » Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:26 pm

MagicManICT wrote:

Sounds fair to me. /shrug

My question, though--when does fighting simply become bullying? Is there really any fun in it? Or is it more just to alleviate the boredom because nobody else will actually fight? You're clearly not fighting for subsistence like many of the old raiding cultures.

Isn't basically ALL raiding and fighting in the game bullying now? When was the last time an actual raid happened because a group desperately wanted control over a resource? Legacy?

The only real resource fights this world were the first few meteors, then as soon as one side got all the meteor they needed, isn't it just bullying to show up and stop other people from getting the meteor? Isn't destroying another realm even though you have maxed buffs just bullying? Wouldn't fighting anybody you see in the world be bullying unless you can be certain they have higher quality items than you and it would actually be purposeful to kill them?

I think maybe calling it bullying is the wrong word at the end of the day. There are oodles of online games where the pvp aspect is not particularly rewarding and could ultimately be boiled down to the idea of bullying. I'm sure there are special cases but I'm also not sure if it's really fair to look at it through this lens.
Zentetsuken

Postby AntiBlitz » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:37 pm

algeralith wrote:You earn your reputation. Do not go blaming other people for spreading false rumors.
HH is known as a community kingdom, in which community comes first. They are inclusive.

this is such horse shit
AntiBlitz

Postby Ants » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:28 pm

Zentetsuken wrote:Isn't basically ALL raiding and fighting in the game bullying now? When was the last time an actual raid happened because a group desperately wanted control over a resource? Legacy?

You mean there's raiding and fighting in this game? :o
Haven's most kawaii retarded ethot karen
Ants

Postby KwonChiMin » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:52 pm

Kaios wrote:And yet some idiots are gonna give my group a hard time for not being inclusive with their realm? Either you are totally full of shit right now or those losers spent the entirety of the world harassing us for truly bullshit reasons.
You are being "harassed" not cause you are "not inclusive" in the meaning that used Algeralith, but cause you are selfish/puppet/crybaby/joke of a realm (pick any - will be accurate at some point, some - all the time) that parasites on the hearthlings that were unlucky enough to spawn on your island.
KwonChiMin

Postby Kaios » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:34 pm

Obviously that's not the type of harassment I'm referring to. While it might be annoying when for example someone can come along and destroy or mess with any public facilities one might create, that's not what I have a problem with. Maybe I'll create some alt characters and come spam your public realm chat with garbage nonsense when people are trying to have conversations and you can see what it feels like to have to deal with that on a regular basis. I don't know why you deny the obsession that some players in your group have with some of the people in mine, literally no one in my groups gives a shit about any of you and yet you have people like Orca whining because Danko chose to build his market on our realm and she felt it was undeserved or some dumb shit like that, what kind of a loser is so concerned about something so minor I honestly have no clue what she means though when the realm was there before the market was.

KwonChiMin wrote:
Kaios wrote:And yet some idiots are gonna give my group a hard time for not being inclusive with their realm? Either you are totally full of shit right now or those losers spent the entirety of the world harassing us for truly bullshit reasons.
You are being "harassed" not cause you are "not inclusive" in the meaning that used Algeralith, but cause you are selfish/puppet/crybaby/joke of a realm (pick any - will be accurate at some point, some - all the time) that parasites on the hearthlings that were unlucky enough to spawn on your island.

That's not true at all but I'm not going to argue with you about it.
Kaios

Postby Ants » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:45 pm

Kaios wrote:

Obviously that's not the type of harassment I'm referring to. While it might be annoying when for example someone can come along and destroy or mess with any public facilities one might create, that's not what I have a problem with. Maybe I'll create some alt characters and come spam your public realm chat with garbage nonsense when people are trying to have conversations and you can see what it feels like to have to deal with that on a regular basis. I don't know why you deny the obsession that some players in your group have with some of the people in mine, literally no one in my groups gives a shit about any of you and yet you have people like Orca whining because Danko chose to build his market on our realm and she felt it was undeserved or some dumb shit like that, what kind of a loser is so concerned about something so minor I honestly have no clue what she means though when the realm was there before the market was.

KwonChiMin wrote:

That's not true at all but I'm not going to argue with you about it.

Couldn't you just ban the spammers?

As for the market, Danko did not choose to build it on your realm. He chose to build it on your island because that's where he lives. He wanted the market to be neutral, but your queen backed out on the deal to declaim it. :?
Haven's most kawaii retarded ethot karen
Ants

Postby Kaios » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:58 am

It is a neutral market and no deals were made. Go ahead and put any realm over any neutral market and I would still call it a neutral market if that’s what they have attempted to create. Acting petty towards that person, such as threatening to make their market a target of conflict because of actions they cannot control, sounds much worse to me. :D
Kaios

PreviousNext

Return to The Inn of Brodgar