Why w11 is bad

General discussion and socializing.

Why w11 is bad

Postby loskierek » Sun Jun 02, 2019 3:08 pm

so looking at the decline in players and seeing all those veterans of many worlds finally hang up their gloves, lets sum up what went wrong and why does this world suck a big dong.

For me satiations made it unplayable not only because it is now a chore to get stats but that i can't mass produce goods for trade - literally removes lower tier players from any interactions with anyone superior to them - except for the rare trades including local res.

So another thing that i honestly detest is lack of CR, imagine having 2 hours a day to play and 3/4 of it you spend traveling to a market or to a quest giver cause..... exactly why? Why can't we have normal CR's?

Don't even get me started on the absurd wound system ( I know it is not just w11 issue but still ) it tilts me to no end that i can receive more dmg from tedious tasks like honey/wax harvesting than fighting a mammoth.

Obviously i could go on about stuff like no cascade on wball (making restructuring the base take way too bloody long ), knarr ganking and so on and on but I think we can all agree this game is gonna be dead soon, we will all come back to w12 to see the game is even more tedious and even more bot dependant and we will all quit again within first 3 months and jorb will laugh cause we still toss £ at him
loskierek

Re: Why w11 is bad

Postby Headchef » Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:39 pm

Food is actually better.

Sure satiations might be tedious but I sure enjoy eating casually, but more often than what happend in previous world.

Which was preparing hundreds of cupboards before bothering to feast as well as people ending up using feast bots because the process of eating and drinking itself took hours too.

I like that we need to actually travel now.
But sure the travel time is a bit excessive at times.
So I think yes crossroad may come back but dont allow it entirely for red handed chars.

People write all types of excuses on forums but the inability to catch up paired with teammates dying is also a good stimulant too.

"Catch up mechanics" that scale dependant on who is highest in world is also retarded as we will just abuse this mechanic to make multiple characters around same stats to make death even more meaningless.

Decline of players is also a symptom of casual players reaching the top of their ability rather quick and just get bored.
Headchef

Postby dafels » Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:56 pm

loskierek wrote:
For me satiations made it unplayable not only because it is now a chore to get stats but that i can't mass produce goods for trade - literally removes lower tier players from any interactions with anyone superior to them - except for the rare trades including local res.

Satiations are a unneeded feasting layer on top of hunger, I don't get why they stick with the system when obviously almost EVERYONE in the game hates satiations. I mean they could have just sticked with hunger, like it was before without making the game MORE TERRIBLE

So another thing that i honestly detest is lack of CR, imagine having 2 hours a day to play and 3/4 of it you spend traveling to a market or to a quest giver cause..... exactly why? Why can't we have normal CR's?

For the larp and Granger who would like to play single player haven and hearth of course!
I mean, these are very serious issues in the game, I don't get what they are thinking when they are adding wounds almost every patch instead of fixing these
dafels

Postby loskierek » Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:00 pm

Headchef wrote:Food is actually better.

Sure satiations might be tedious but I sure enjoy eating casually, but more often than what happend in previous world.

Which was preparing hundreds of cupboards before bothering to feast as well as people ending up using feast bots because the process of eating and drinking itself took hours too.

thats where the trade with weaker players came in, someone could prepare you cupboards of pies or cheese and u would give him an upgrade at anvil or some nice tree seeds, now the only trade a lowly hermit can hope to do is camp some local ress and hope they are not botted or pay with tokens which is missing the point of trade.
loskierek

Postby sabinati » Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:07 pm

do you guys complaining about no CRs not have any roads built or something
sabinati

Postby loskierek » Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:10 pm

sabinati wrote:do you guys complaining about no CRs not have any roads built or something

a sprucehats CR from gate to water doesnt count
loskierek

Postby pawnchito » Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:46 pm

loskierek wrote:
Headchef wrote:Food is actually better.

thats where the trade with weaker players came in, someone could prepare you cupboards of pies or cheese and u would give him an upgrade at anvil or some nice tree seeds, now the only trade a lowly hermit can hope to do is camp some local ress and hope they are not botted or pay with tokens which is missing the point of trade.

I'm not sure we can really make a fair assessment of trade at this point. I mean we've had one thoughtful and established market start up just a few weeks ago I think. Just a few days ago the HH fair popped up so the economy is just developing. As of this moment there still had been plenty of options for hermits from nice traders looking for the quantity rare curios for some quality upgrades.

From another casuals perspective I too seem to have found a groove with the satiations and it seems like the introduction of new drinks is pushing that in a decent direction.

loskierek wrote:Don't even get me started on the absurd wound system ( I know it is not just w11 issue but still ) it tilts me to no end that i can receive more dmg from tedious tasks like honey/wax harvesting than fighting a mammoth.

LoL. This is me. fucking midges. Like i get they probably wont go away but my hate is fueled by every drop of blood they siphon from my characters.
pawnchito

Postby CSPAN » Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:05 pm

Trading does suck since foraging has been more or less killed by Garden Pots. Traversing does suck. A sizable road takes a HEFTY amount of Will to be viable. Bigger markets came in too late. This world just leaves a bad taste in the mouth. But like always, first 3 months were fun.
LS of Twin Lakes BIG TRUCKS
CSPAN

Postby dageir » Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:07 pm

Nothing wrong with this world in particular. I would also like to see an easier way to trade. I live far from any hub and I have little to offer the "elite".
I am making a bit of cheese but not sure if there is a market for it.
dageir

Postby CSPAN » Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:11 pm

This world is probably the most limiting to player interaction since w8 in my opinion. There is very little variety to trade.
LS of Twin Lakes BIG TRUCKS
CSPAN

Next

Return to The Inn of Brodgar