Why w11 is bad

General discussion and socializing.

Re: Why w11 is bad

Postby Rhiannon » Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:37 pm

loskierek wrote:we will all come back to w12 to see the game is even more tedious and even more bot dependant and we will all quit again within first 3 months and jorb will laugh cause we still toss £ at him

what....oh my, well, kisses and hugs and bear skin rugs to all I remember so well.....
************************************ RAVENHOLM ************************************
***************************** IN LIEBE UND FREUNDSCHAFT *************************
************************************* Für Immer **************************************
Rhiannon

Postby wonder-ass » Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:08 pm

bmjclark wrote:I definitely get that. I don't really envy your position here. Don't want you thinking im shitting on the game for the sake of it, I legit want it to be good.

i think everyone wants this game to be good some people just express it very aggressively.
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Postby jorb » Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:14 pm

bmjclark wrote:I think qualities need to be more grounded than they are now. I'd argue that mulch, bone clay, and digging deeper should all go just so that at least quality is grounded by the base resources (and also, so that they matter somewhat again). If it were me, i'd have made heart containers just give a point or 2 of const depending on size. And honestly, i'd nerf spiraling metal somehow or maybe make the anvil/hammer matter less in the end result of crafting things. People who are more industrious than me can comment on these more.

I think legacies combat had a lot to do with why stats didn't feel so broken. It didn't matter who you were, if you got stabbed with no defense, you were dead. Obviously higher stats made it harder to get to that point, but at least it always felt possible if you had lower stats than someone.

I agree with all o' dat, dawg. I know you ain't no hater. Will iterate and improve.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Prowny » Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:36 pm

So I'm gonna give my two cents.
Unlike many forumers, I'm actually enjoying this world.
But there's one thing that's been bothering me since world start: the lack of dead bodies.
In older worlds, by this time the land would be filled with corpses. Newbies would die in several different ways. I'd actually be amused by walking up to a corpse and trying to figure out what killed my fellow heartling, and sometimes I'd even learn something that would in turn help me stay alive longer. Because everything and everyone was out to get you. I remember getting really tense and anxious everytime I'd leave my palisade. It was a hostile and brutal world (remember how the thicket would drain your stamina?), and that's what made village life so precious.

Now, since I started this world, I've been getting the feeling that I'm on easy mode. I don't even care about losing a fight against a mammoth, because all I have to do is treat my wounds with the different treatments and within 24 hours I'll be back to full MHP. And this is the most deadly creature you can find on the surface, so bears and all that just seem like minor annoyances at this point. I'm not a warrior so this is probably me talking against my own interesting but there just isn't enough danger for a survival game.
loftar wrote:The tears in this thread are so delicious
Prowny

Postby NeoBasilisk » Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:21 am

Prowny wrote:So I'm gonna give my two cents.
But there's one thing that's been bothering me since world start: the lack of dead bodies.
In older worlds, by this time the land would be filled with corpses. Newbies would die in several different ways. I'd actually be amused by walking up to a corpse and trying to figure out what killed my fellow heartling, and sometimes I'd even learn something that would in turn help me stay alive longer. Because everything and everyone was out to get you. I remember getting really tense and anxious everytime I'd leave my palisade. It was a hostile and brutal world (remember how the thicket would drain your stamina?), and that's what made village life so precious.

Now, since I started this world, I've been getting the feeling that I'm on easy mode. I don't even care about losing a fight against a mammoth, because all I have to do is treat my wounds with the different treatments and within 24 hours I'll be back to full MHP. And this is the most deadly creature you can find on the surface, so bears and all that just seem like minor annoyances at this point. I'm not a warrior so this is probably me talking against my own interesting but there just isn't enough danger for a survival game.

yeah the game is different from how it was in 2012
NeoBasilisk

Postby Ants » Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:12 am

Prowny wrote:So I'm gonna give my two cents.

Agreed. Death was fun. There's no danger in current day H&H.

There are people who started playing legacy again. You could try joining a village. viewtopic.php?f=39&t=40052
Haven's most kawaii retarded ethot karen
Ants

Postby Aceb » Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:46 pm

Ants wrote:Agreed. Death was fun. There's no danger in current day H&H.

There are people who started playing legacy again. You could try joining a village. viewtopic.php?f=39&t=40052

Well, You can always borrow me your char so I can accidentally kill it on bee harvesting or mining and gettnig slime-banged. ¦]
A quest for a hat. - W10
Haven't spawned yet
Aceb

Previous

Return to The Inn of Brodgar