Political System Idea Made for Haven

General discussion and socializing.

Re: Political System Idea Made for Haven

Postby Apocoreo » Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:40 am

I humble suggest we call the Inner Caste's place the "CoRe", 'cause CoR?

Attas wrote:snip

Thanks for the info and criticism. Indeed seems I've failed to outline what could possibly happen to property when one changes Castes. Banishments would be the same as most villages, possibly with supplies if it is on somewhat friendly grounds still.

The hope is that Outers will already be limited by the nature of being near-hermits, so hopefully won't mind living in plots. I hope to make the plots more generous than Brodgar, even if that means fewer Outers. With limited potential, the Middle Caste should surpass them, otherwise it is the equivalent of a village being surpassed by a single hermit. This should make the Middle Caste more desirable to those who want to grind quality and further the interests of CoR, without taking a leadership role. This leaves the Outer Caste to those that want to socialize and play Haven without the need to get muddled in politics or feel pressure to work from village mates.

Outers to Middle would keep all their possessions, anything in their plot can go to their new plot. They can even smash their old stuff if they don't want it to go to a new citizen. Kinda rude, but Inners shouldn't tell people what to do with their own property.

Speaking of Inners, promotion to Inners would involve forgoing all property. That is a hefty, hefty price for power but it keeps the Inner Caste small. Concessions could be made for cosmetics and personal items, Inners are still human and need personalization after all. A grace period could be given for the new Inner to get rid of the property. They need not donate it to the city, they can give it to a person or throw it in a lake of they want (again, rude but legal). Perhaps it would be wise to rule that property cannot be donated to enemies of CoR. Perhaps individuals could be compensated for constructed objects left behind, the city could buy them off the citizen, then sell it to a new Outer or Middler.

An Inner Caste member could be given a setup to be determined by the Caste they are joining. Might seem unfair if they are joining the Outer Caste and no one gives them supplies, but consider that most Outers start with little. Middles to Outer could take whatever personal effects they store in the plot. They would leave any city-owned property (for example the pickaxe given to the best miner by an Inner, as mentioned above).

azrid wrote:snip

I pretty much responded to this above, had you on my mind when writing back to Attas. Those that want to be productive will be encouraged to join the Middle Caste while Outers will be primarily social and a unique boost to the local economy, I hope. I am worried about potential issues cause by have alts in different Castes. I fear Inners having Outer characters as vaults most of all. Any thoughts/suggestions?

Terry69 wrote:I'd like to know where this is happening.

Nowhere yet, this thread is to challenge my ideas to see if others think this will work. I am open to starting it this world.
i like game grumps

#1 Moloch acolyte
Apocoreo

Previous

Return to The Inn of Brodgar