When?

General discussion and socializing.

When?

Postby Ozzy123 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:37 pm

I hope jorb doesn't hate me for this shitpost but..

A world with more fast travel, more PVP events like meteorites, better siege system (easier to siege), more endgame mechanics, rework of the too easy bottable boring ass metal upgrades

when???
epicbuds wrote:just got this game a bad review on my website and will post on every forum and game page i can think of to tell people to stay away from this site this game is a joke

viruseg wrote:Kill all new players for no reason. Polish scum came running and killed me with a crowd. Suck fuck fucks..
Ozzy123

Re: When?

Postby shubla » Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:43 pm

Nah, but take these 3 new tree models for every single tree instead!
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Headchef » Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:07 am

Ozzy123 wrote:I hope jorb doesn't hate me for this shitpost but..

A world with more fast travel, more PVP events like meteorites, better siege system (easier to siege), more endgame mechanics, rework of the too easy bottable boring ass metal upgrades

when???

Travel is in a fine state currently if you got proper roads.
Most people don't because the update was so recent.
Meteorite evens dont matter if they are not contested. The issue here lays with how there is no stat cap/how stats scale to eachother/fucked food system.

On it's own I agree with more meteor-like events but the underlaying reason why there is no competition lays in other fucked up systems.

Anything bottable should be ''reworked'' to the extent that it's possible.

At a future date it would also be cool if any affiliation with bots would result in a nuke but that would just create a new meta of joining a village to get caught botting.

But yeah instead devs prefer to cater to the 60 larpers who like to see various colours of trees.

Or maybe hurr durr durr crop variation because muh sEaSons xdddd

yeah no fuck all of that fix current systems first...

Your thread is not even a shit post, entire current game state is a shit post.

Also retarded siege system indeed. We are so much time further and still claims shields were far better than what we got going on now.
Headchef

Postby Ozzy123 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:28 am

tbh just botting being bannable and devs checking some bot reports literally once a week or getting some trusted mods to do that, one random ban with a forum thread and 99% of the community wouldn't bother botting anymore cuz they'd be too scared to lose progress, been playing this game for years and it just has to take this step at some point, no game can be good when every single end-game player is a botter
epicbuds wrote:just got this game a bad review on my website and will post on every forum and game page i can think of to tell people to stay away from this site this game is a joke

viruseg wrote:Kill all new players for no reason. Polish scum came running and killed me with a crowd. Suck fuck fucks..
Ozzy123

Postby MrBunzy » Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:21 am

Wtf with this game, Where is fraction pvp and siedges, where fighting for meteorites?
Me and alot of people wanna see here words from devs , WHEN we gonna have full game with siedge and pvp?
Right now i see only farming | mining in this game..
(once and futue king btw)
MrBunzy

Postby MrPunchers » Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:03 am

honestly if they made the client more intrusive and added some anticheat I wouldn't mind just to stop botting for whatever minigame things they add to make smithing etc cooler
Suck me good and hard thru my jorts
MrPunchers

Postby Darkins » Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:48 am

MrBunzy wrote:Wtf with this game, Where is fraction pvp and siedges, where fighting for meteorites?
Me and alot of people wanna see here words from devs , WHEN we gonna have full game with siedge and pvp?
Right now i see only farming | mining in this game.. (c) - Dorkinz

I only hope that devs will consider something :|
Confirmed best ninja in the game
Hokage of Hidden Leaf Village
Darkins

Postby MagicManICT » Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:28 am

Ozzy123 wrote:tbh just botting being bannable and devs checking some bot reports literally once a week or getting some trusted mods to do that[....]

A Tale in the Desert didn't try to fight it, either. They basically made a rule about "unattended botting," which meant you couldn't run bots unless you were actually managing the account (sitting at the keyboard while the game ran). Teppy (the head dev at the time) would show up randomly, and at any time of the day (24/7, no matter if it was a holiday) to say "Hi!" to someone that looked like they were botting. He didn't do it often, but often enough that nobody that I know of, even the group(s) known for their level of automating everything, would leave bots running 24/7. Much like here, it was no simple task to get your account/character leveled up, so you really did not want to risk having it permanently banned for violating the rules. The flip side to this... more than a few people had accounts banned, at least temporarily, because of "the appearance of botting" and only being afk to get a drink or use the toilet.... I'd say as far as 20% of the active community that had played more than a couple of years.

As far as "trusted GMs," who would that be? I don't think enough of the player base trusts Granger, sabinati, or myself to do this. I'm not sure I'd want to even if asked.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Colin500 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:42 am

MagicManICT wrote:
Ozzy123 wrote:tbh just botting being bannable and devs checking some bot reports literally once a week or getting some trusted mods to do that[....]

A Tale in the Desert didn't try to fight it, either. They basically made a rule about "unattended botting," which meant you couldn't run bots unless you were actually managing the account (sitting at the keyboard while the game ran). Teppy (the head dev at the time) would show up randomly, and at any time of the day (24/7, no matter if it was a holiday) to say "Hi!" to someone that looked like they were botting.

In Oldschool Runescape they teleport woodcutting bots to an island with a tree, most of the bots literally run to chop the tree meaning instant ban.

MagicManICT wrote:As far as "trusted GMs," who would that be? I don't think enough of the player base trusts Granger, sabinati, or myself to do this. I'm not sure I'd want to even if asked.

Well, that's the main problem with "trusted" in a game that requires more, than a normal amount of trust in the person's correct choices.
No one is trustworthy enough for that here, there's always someone who will say that they don't like the GM and want him demoted or something.
Colin500

Postby jordancoles » Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:03 am

I volunteer 8-)
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Next

Return to The Inn of Brodgar