Stealth Patches

General discussion and socializing.

Stealth Patches

Postby pawnchito » Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:06 am

Hey whats up, have there been some stealth changes to the way the client renders stuff or something? I swear the game loads different and has been progressively getting more layers for lack of a better term. Like it started when the trees were solid and the foliage all added separately, now buildings have started to do the same. Everything feels "solid". Maybe my computer is getting rusty hah.
pawnchito

Re: Stealth Patches

Postby vatas » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:26 am

Stealth Patching is certainly possible, in fact the "all resources are downloaded from server" -method was chosen exactly to enable this without bothering the end user with client updates.

Speculation, but maybe Jorbtar changed something, probably planned for it to not make any difference to the end user while being more efficient or providing some other benefit. You may have encountered some sort of unexpected edge-case that most people are not having, judging by the lack of replies.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby pawnchito » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:53 pm

Hmmm well that at least makes me think my pc isn't just acting up. Honestly I wonder what hardware / software noise people have with this game because I read alot of the complaints of FPS but generally my game runs smooth af at 90 frames per second. I suppose I haven't been involved in a major battle with many other users but at least even with TONS of animals on screen I still get really good fps. Maybe I am just going crazy though who knows.
pawnchito

Postby borka » Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:02 am

FPS depends on lotsa ingredients ... Hardware, other software running, routing of ISP ... i'm fine with the 50-60 FPS i normally get and i expect given my toaster and such ...
Java 8 - manually downloads - good to check for actual versions url here:
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=40331
Remember what the dormouse said: Feed your head Feed your head
borka

Return to The Inn of Brodgar