[Poll] Seasons update prediction

General discussion and socializing.

Re: [Poll] Seasons update prediction

Postby Headchef » Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:25 pm

jorb wrote:
SnuggleSnail wrote:Hey,
:shrug:

Truth.

Yes atleast the claim shields are gone now, I guess.
So that part of the annoyance is over.
Now instead we have a system where you do not need to go out once.
Taking away cascade has contributed to this also.

Imagine you prepare properly, make catapults, defend the ram, reach the wall, break open a tile...

Then what?

Then you buid a siege engi.... oh wait the defender saw this coming 20+ hours ago so whatever you build gets shot down immediately.

Broken siege is broken, that we atleast don't have the cancer of shields on top of it is great but still it's a retarded matter of buildings rather than fighters.
And that's the sad part, that siege has nothing to do anymore with going outside and taking care of the problem you just build some shit from within and that's it.

Enlighten me how to not get shot down immediately after you make the initial breach.
Seems like you can only bully noobs who don't have the resources to fight (read: build) back.

Pvp died many months ago, change how combat stats scale and make it so you need to defend your home by fight rather than only make buildings like pussy.
And I understand the sentiment now is that people don't want to fight because everyones stronger but as I said - make 500 stats be the treshold and beyond that you can still increase but very significantly diminished returns so it's basically just for people who get excited about a number going higher but no real use.
Headchef

Postby Kaios » Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:33 pm

You also can't have a proper siege system when certain factions would be able to have vaults on an underground level that requires metal bars from an event that only the top factions can participate in and control. How are most groups supposed to get to level 9 in the case that siege would in fact be possible for them?
Kaios

Postby Headchef » Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:35 pm

Kaios wrote:You also can't have a proper siege system when certain factions would be able to have vaults on an underground level that requires metal bars from an event that only the top factions can participate in and control. How are most groups supposed to get to level 9 in the case that siege would in fact be possible for them?

Then you siege the place where they have the minehole?
Eventually it might require them bashing it themselves if it goes well, then it's not reachable for them too.

But in reality vaults are just for fun because can just have hundreds of alts with backpack tsacks and store entire village of items on logged off characters.
Headchef

Postby Zentetsuken » Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:37 pm

Kaios wrote:You also can't have a proper siege system when certain factions would be able to have vaults on an underground level that requires metal bars from an event that only the top factions can participate in and control. How are most groups supposed to get to level 9 in the case that siege would in fact be possible for them?

Vaults have always been a thing, but you are right, this might be 1 single issue that could cause imbalance. I'm sure it could be easily rectified with something simple like not allowing claims or palisades on level 9. Beyond the random possibility of rock hardness being higher there is absolutely nothing that makes level 9 difficult, so this could be it?
Zentetsuken

Postby Kaios » Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:40 pm

I just don't see any point in making siege easier without first lowering the bar of entry in to all of those areas. Siege, pvp, global events, making those mechanics take shorter periods of time to reach the desired result still only helps those players capable of participating in those activities which if I had to guess may be 1% of what our total population was at world start.
Kaios

Postby jorb » Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:13 pm

jordancoles wrote:Archer towers cost blocks/glue/rope while repairing a ram costs brimstone which is a much harder material to come by. If you camp your ram 24/7 and counter siege their archery towers with your own you are still likely to only raid an empty shell. If you do pull off a legitimate and destructive raid the defenders/losers are met with a handful of harsh realities:
Permadeath, loss of large time investments into industry and the infinite quality grind on literally everything, which if lost, puts you out of the game, etc

If you are raided and lose your high q seeds/smelters/access to mines/animals that you've literally spent every waking moment raising since world start it is just game over for you. You either need to pay literal money (20+ tokens just for a high q axe/pickaxe), join another group that hasn't yet been raided, or start from scratch which most would agree just isn't an option if you had already reached a mid-late-game level of success in your first base.

When you find yourself far behind in this game you take on a "what's the point" mindset and that leads to inactivity and less hat sales

wonder-ass wrote:if you lose everything there is no point in continueing, you will never catch up in the q grind if you were to start from scratch.
i had written a long PM about how to make fix sieging but something happened and it just deleted my wall of text TLDR is make the core industry like anvil kiln etc undistructable and stuck to its place this way if someone were to take over your base you have an incentive to take it back from them.

Potjeh wrote:Add quality caps and replace most of infrastructure grind with individual item grind.

Good points all around. We have been drawing some similar conclusions.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Ants » Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:11 pm

Headchef wrote:
jorb wrote:
SnuggleSnail wrote:Hey,
:shrug:

Truth.

Imagine you prepare properly, make catapults, defend the ram, reach the wall, break open a tile...

Then what?

Then you buid a siege engi.... oh wait the defender saw this coming 20+ hours ago so whatever you build gets shot down immediately.
Enlighten me how to not get shot down immediately after you make the initial breach.
Seems like you can only bully noobs who don't have the resources to fight (read: build) back.

Until someone posts a solution to this, I think we can safely say that sieging an active non-noob base is impossible.

Broken siege is broken, that we atleast don't have the cancer of shields on top of it is great but still it's a retarded matter of buildings rather than fighters.
And that's the sad part, that siege has nothing to do anymore with going outside and taking care of the problem you just build some shit from within and that's it.

Pvp died many months ago, change how combat stats scale and make it so you need to defend your home by fight rather than only make buildings like pussy.
And I understand the sentiment now is that people don't want to fight because everyones stronger but as I said - make 500 stats be the treshold and beyond that you can still increase but very significantly diminished returns so it's basically just for people who get excited about a number going higher but no real use.

The stats idea sounds good (at least with battle related stats) and we definitely need a mechanic that makes siege a PVP event again.
Haven's most kawaii retarded ethot karen
Ants

Postby Astarisk » Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:48 am

jordancoles wrote:Archer towers cost blocks/glue/rope while repairing a ram costs brimstone which is a much harder material to come by.

Repairing siege equipment now takes bone glue and not brimstone. Just wanted to point that one out in case people are not aware of those changes.
IRC/IGN: Rawrz

Join the Haven & Hearth Discord if you need help and our community will surely help you:
Astarisk

Previous

Return to The Inn of Brodgar