Support Jorb and Loftar

General discussion and socializing.

Re: Support Jorb and Loftar

Postby KitsuneG » Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:36 pm

Look the ONE who protects Jorbtar! Catch him till he leaves..
Wiki editor.
KitsuneG

Postby Ants » Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:04 pm

In my experience being nice works pretty well. They listen a LOT more to the community than most game devs would (as far as I know). The problem is that they get a lot of conflicting feedback, they're clueless about certain aspects of the game and they're just plain bad at balancing. Being rude or angry seems to be counterproductive unless you have a pack of others frothing at the mouth with you.

Good feedback should go like this:
1. point out the issue
2. propose a solution (because chances are Jorb and Loftar already know about the issue but can't think of a way to fix it)

Don't forget that Haven is made by two guys, not a massive corporation with lots of resources.
Haven's most kawaii retarded ethot karen
Ants

Postby MightySheep » Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:43 pm

MightySheep

Postby Aceb » Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:16 am

pietin2 wrote:I understand they might not see what you are trying to tell so try telling them a different way just dont go over the deep end and start threating them and keep going on and on about it get others to try to help with ideas

You really do not read forums it seems. It doesn't matter if idea being critized as most nicely as possible or as most rude as possible. It doesn't work. Small ideas that are quick to implement usually finds their way inside but the game is being filled with mechanics or content that has completely no use or usage will be there... in maybe 5 years.

Some bigger changes usually ends on riot because they do not listen or straight away tell us to go fuck ourselfs...
...if they dont to it, few individuals will try to get answer as why and what to better understand them...
...the only thing they get is silence or after being annoying as fuck (but still nice to them), there's some answer that might give you idea but it is not straight answer so You still can't get into proper solution.

Combat reworks are best example why it usually goes shit because jorbtar don't participate themselfs in PvP, rarely or never observed a fight and how can You get solution if there's no will for a PROPER COOPERATION in here?

Also, after jorb sprucecap retardation, a lot of people actually started to hate Him sincerely and all hopes are put into loftar (where a large part of community consider jorb having loftar on leash with many ideas).

And well yes, community is filled with full of retardation as well. But that's how humanty works everywhere and mods should step in or whatever.
A quest for a hat. - W10
Haven't spawned yet
Aceb

Postby insanechef » Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:00 pm

u have to expect it when you make a VIDEO GAME the most serious of politics that existed
insanechef

Postby borka » Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:22 pm

pietin2 wrote:I give up on you guys. Yes I've read the forumns and have seen your conplaints but have never seen where you actually tried to help find the soulation

Hi pietin2 I remember you :) ... guess you should read your own old posts again ;)
Java 8 - manually downloads - good to check for actual versions url here:
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=40331
Remember what the dormouse said: Feed your head Feed your head
borka

Postby CTheRain » Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:50 pm

Combat rewrite : Aiming with melee and such will be grand hopefully. Would make combat really interactive.
Siege rewrite : Expanding on the archery tower idea to include players and let sieging be more active in general.
Interface rewrite : Granger talked about this. Too many different varieties of menus.
We buy things we don't need with money we don't have to impress people we don't like.
CTheRain

Postby MagicManICT » Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:05 pm

CTheRain wrote:Combat rewrite : Aiming with melee and such will be grand hopefully. Would make combat really interactive.

I'm not sure. The only things I can imagine right now are Salem, Mortal Kombat/For Honor, or Mount & Blade.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby CTheRain » Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:36 am

MagicManICT wrote:
CTheRain wrote:Combat rewrite : Aiming with melee and such will be grand hopefully. Would make combat really interactive.

I'm not sure. The only things I can imagine right now are Salem, Mortal Kombat/For Honor, or Mount & Blade.

I think basic attack with weapons plus combat moves being aimed and changes based on weapon. Like using full circle then the opponent using quick dodge or jump to evade the attack. Maybe I'm autistic. :(
We buy things we don't need with money we don't have to impress people we don't like.
CTheRain

Postby drakesaint » Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:27 pm

I'll support them again if they pull up a pool for a separate continental/island server without this asinine ocean separating all masses of land. Or at least quadrupling the masses of land for the same amount of ocean so no one is cramped together.
drakesaint

PreviousNext

Return to The Inn of Brodgar