Why did you quit haven in w11? [Strawpoll]

General discussion and socializing.

Re: Why did you quit haven in w11? [Strawpoll]

Postby jordancoles » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:03 am

I would like to point out that siege mechanics are near the bottom of the list

As I said recently, no one gives a shit about siege. Just scrap the push for that form of conflict rn imo and focus on something else like object controlled objects, the combat system or stat gain
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby Vert » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:36 am

i spent too much time on kingdom war. People who destroy my cairns use stat bug. Kingdom mechanics is shit, people who use stat bug destroy the world. im talking about food with 999999 fep.
Vert

Postby Potjeh » Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:12 am

Lack of community interaction is basically a product of impossibility to catch up, people are just too scared to go out when they're virtually guaranteed to die if they run into someone with significantly higher stats.
Image Bottleneck
Potjeh

Postby MrBunzy » Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:26 am

I'd be more interested in a poll for why people are still playing. Everyone seems to agree that the endgame is imperfect, so what keeps so many people around? What percentage of the population is pvpers vs larpers vs quality grinders, or is it simply that those still playing are the ones who didn't reach the endgame yet.
(once and futue king btw)
MrBunzy

Postby Dakkan » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:16 am

MrBunzy wrote:I'd be more interested in a poll for why people are still playing. Everyone seems to agree that the endgame is imperfect, so what keeps so many people around? What percentage of the population is pvpers vs larpers vs quality grinders, or is it simply that those still playing are the ones who didn't reach the endgame yet.

Overall I think people keep playing for lots of different reasons because there is just so much to do in the game. I always thought people who farmed were always the first to quit the game, but I've met folks who exclusively like to manually grind out crop quality. And I know people who think the same of miners, but I'm still around and that is my thing.
Dakkan

Postby boreial » Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:38 am

Still around because there is no open sandbox MMO PvE even remotely similar to H&H. the closest you'll find is ATITD and it doesn't come close IMHO.
boreial

Postby Dakkan » Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:01 am

boreial wrote:Still around because there is no open sandbox MMO PvE even remotely similar to H&H. the closest you'll find is ATITD and it doesn't come close IMHO.

I'll be the judge of that. Does it have fantastic landscaping/terraforming?
Dakkan

Postby pppp » Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:31 am

Ants wrote:Infinite stat grind seems to be the issue most people have with the game. I don't think capping stats is the solution; that was tried a few worlds ago and supposedly didn't work. I think devs need to make it possible for people to catch up to people with higher stats somehow.

If you remember what was the reason it did not work, go ahead and explain. If the only objection was "nothing to do after hitting max" then it looks like chasing own tail: "we do not want grind, but we do not want the grind to stop either".
pppp

Postby MagicManICT » Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:28 am

Dakkan wrote:
boreial wrote:Still around because there is no open sandbox MMO PvE even remotely similar to H&H. the closest you'll find is ATITD and it doesn't come close IMHO.

I'll be the judge of that. Does it have fantastic landscaping/terraforming?

It's a different game. You can't do landscape art, but there's a lot of ways to do art. You can create puzzles, breed beetles, etc etc. Some parts of the game are even worse grind than Haven. Other parts are pretty amazing even pushing 20 years since the public could start playing it. ATITD and Haven are definitely two unique MMOs.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Aceb » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:11 pm

Ants wrote:Infinite stat grind seems to be the issue most people have with the game. I don't think capping stats is the solution; that was tried a few worlds ago and supposedly didn't work. I think devs need to make it possible for people to catch up to people with higher stats somehow.

Most people have problem with themselfs. I would avoid such statements until You can somehow prove it's true. A lot of people do not have problem with infinite stat grind and a lot of people would wish for diminishing return, not flat cap.
A quest for a hat. - W10
Haven't spawned yet
Aceb

PreviousNext

Return to The Inn of Brodgar