Your opinion about seasons

General discussion and socializing.

Your opinion about seasons

Postby Kamil457 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:21 pm

Do you like seasons? Please leave your opinion and/or vote your answer?
Strawpoll link: http://www.strawpoll.me/18658998
Kamil457

Re: Your opinion about seasons

Postby sMartins » Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:25 pm

Awesome
I'd hardly call anything the Bible of our times » special thanks to MagicManICT
I only logged in to say this sentence. by neeco » 30 Oct 2018, 02:57
Default Client, Best Client!
sMartins

Postby Archiplex » Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:32 pm

I don't dislike seasons; i love them, even. I don't mind winter being a little harsher than other seasons and whatnot.

What I hate is the tedium added by the changes. The ridiculously slow tree speed growth (What is it now; only 2 plantings of trees every 2 months now due to the ridiculous limitations in place?), the impossibility to complete specific credos, the fact you cant survey-dig places with snow due to needing to dig every single snow tile off one by one, and the fact that berries, mushrooms and more are just completely unavailable 20 out of every 60 days.

I'd be fine if they were changed to be 'frozen' versions of berries, mushrooms and whatnot that you had to 'thaw' (leave on an herbalist table or something) to use properly, and just spawned much less regularly, but the fact that for 20 days in a row a ton of content is just missing outright is absolutely dumb.
the proliferation of automation is the rot of this game, with the next worst thing being the filth that plays it (you, probably.)

W7 - Hermit
W8 - Co-LS of R'lyeh, Owner of the Hermitarium Knowledge Group
W9 - LS of Niflheim
W11 - Hermitage (named Niflheim)
W12 - Hermit -> some rando ass village i forgot the name of that i joined
W10,13-15 - N/A
Archiplex

Postby tripp » Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:54 pm

winter is the only season I take issue with for a few reasons
1) crops - id like at least a 1/20 chance to get a plant fibre or straw - seems harsh to cut new players off of cloth, straw dolls, and mirkwood offerings for 1/4th of the game
2) id like some way to prevent or quickly clear snow - maybe a horse plow - or using salt
- snow just makes the map impossible to navigate
tripp

Postby MrBunzy » Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:56 pm

Archiplex wrote:tedium

It's a feature
(once and futue king btw)
MrBunzy

Postby borka » Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:03 pm

that poll doesn't leave room for opinions ...

IMHO seasons are nice - but i think 10 RL days is too long for winter and spring ... while i'm not sure if i can't get used to it over the years

atm i bother about tree planting and credoing not working as i'd like too - too much depends on treeplanting and i wonder if it's getting even more tedious at times when we'll have only short times in which we can do ...

And there has to be stuff to do in winter mainly that's not in the game yet ... otherwise i'm to focussed on what i can't do ;)
Java 8 - manually downloads - good to check for actual versions url here:
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=40331
Remember what the dormouse said: Feed your head Feed your head
borka

Postby blesniv » Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:23 pm

bad thing
20rl days without new trees-boards-seeds-coal
Devs tired of the game.
Removing seeds and etc and then give u quest to bring SEEDS.
Very fist quest in a game, fill kuska with water.
Wat devs do? right! freese all water!
It took two day to add "chop away ice"
Attachments
E60ZjA.png
E60ZjA.png (18.2 KiB) Viewed 1624 times
blesniv

Postby MadNomad » Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:19 pm

I do because they look nice and they are nicely done, but I'd prefer the lenght of each season to be more similiar to the length of other ones

it's also nice because it forces you to take a break from farming, so you can stop farming and doing other menial tasks which are disabled by seasons - that's good for people without bots who dont want to be bothered with quality grind too much!

blesniv wrote:bad thing
20rl days without new trees-boards-seeds-coal
Devs tired of the game.
Removing seeds and etc and then give u quest to bring SEEDS.
Very fist quest in a game, fill kuska with water.
Wat devs do? right! freese all water!
It took two day to add "chop away ice"

It's not permanent, it's going to change at some point
does the water freeze in wells/containers ? if no then it's not that bad I think!
oh and the lack of wood shouldn't not be a problem if you just take care of that by changing the size of the farm! or you could just go to the closest forest if it doesnt have to be high quality (you're always going to find enough wood in a forest)!

I think that seasons are nice because they make the game less boring and less repetitive!
MadNomad

Postby Amanda44 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:30 am

I'm in agreement with Archi and Borka ... seasons are a good idea on paper but this implementation of them sucks tbh. Apart from half an hour of messing about on a sled there was absolutely no reason to play with nothing at all to do except take pretty ss. :roll:

There needs to be more content added to winter, some winter crops, forageables and basically just something that gives us a reason to log in.

Also, as both of the others have said, 20 days is far too long to wait for seeds, certain forageables and for the completion of quests, added to that is the impact it has had on treeplanting.

As I said in a previous post, 10 days doesn't seem that long unless you are suffering ... adding another 10 days of tedium and frustration to an already boring and frustrating 10 is an utterly ridiculous concept in gaming terms.
Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Animal lovers - Show us your pets! - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44444#p577254
Amanda44

Postby KwonChiMin » Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:03 pm

Seasons per se are great addition to the game. But...
but implementing them in the middle of the world was kinda fail...ish.
and maybe shorter but harsher seasons would be better
and they work bad with continental mechanics (btw that contradicts 1st reason cause it was almost only good way to know that)
and they were too long overdued - most ppl who waited them in the 1st place for flavor stopped playing, and the game went some other way.
KwonChiMin

Next

Return to The Inn of Brodgar