leeroy jenkins [video shitpost]

General discussion and socializing.

Re: leeroy jenkins [video shitpost]

Postby shubla » Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:38 pm

MagicManICT wrote:
vatas wrote:Internet was different back then. Videos don't seem to go viral like they used to, and if it became a meme it would be wrung dry in couple of months by modern meme culture.

It wasn't that much different. They do go viral still, there's just a ton more to be seen. And "meme culture" isn't really any different than it always has been. There's nothing new about it, just a new medium (the internet) and the opportunity for anyone to post something and get it shared instead of having to have "the right pace and audience."

ok boomer, but, Internet has changed a LOT in just like the last 5-10 or even years, even more in larger timespan.

For example:

Not many use IRC anymore for some reason.

Too many memes, most are overused and just bad.

Many sites have turned just bad, (imgur, reddit, most imageboards have at least deteriorated in quality) mostly because internet has changed to be more mainstream and those sites are now filled with different kind of people than what they used to be.

Most of the changes are caused by just internet getting filled with normal people. And most of the changes seem to be bad.
Luckily, there still are few places, oases in the desert, which are not that corrupted.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby sMartins » Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:00 pm

Internet is a project got out of hand .... now they are cleaning up.
I'd hardly call anything the Bible of our times » special thanks to MagicManICT
I only logged in to say this sentence. by neeco » 30 Oct 2018, 02:57
Default Client, Best Client!
sMartins

Postby MagicManICT » Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:09 pm

shubla wrote:Internet has changed a LOT in just like the last 5-10 or even years, even more in larger timespan.

The internet has changed in the last 10 years as much as the ocean has changed by me sticking my hand in it and stirring it up. :roll: (And I could say that about the last 400-500 years, at least.) Don't mistake surface changes for fundamental changes that have a long lasting impact on life.

What HAS changed is the mediums we interact with each other through. We don't need to be face to face to meet friends and family. If it weren't for reproduction, we could get married and live happily completely oblivious to the fact that there is no physical contact. And THOSE changes occurred 10, 20 years ago, even 30 now.

shubla wrote:Most of the changes are caused by just internet getting filled with normal people. And most of the changes seem to be bad.

Kind of like that out-of-the-way coffee shop you and a few of your friends loved until everyone else found it and fell in love with it, too. Now it's just too crowded and too busy to give everything that quaint touch of personal love you always got from it? Yeah, people have been telling that story since there's been merchants to sell wares to others.

Clueless kids thinking they invented something only to find out they're just clueless kids... a story as old as the Bible, at least:

What has been will be again,
what has been done will be done again;
there is nothing new under the sun. -- Ecclesiastes 1:9
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Previous

Return to The Inn of Brodgar