I am farming wok

General discussion and socializing.

Re: I am farming wok

Postby Bawhoppen » Mon Dec 23, 2019 11:26 pm

where there is wok, there is prosperity
jorb wrote:I am presently exhausted from twelve hours of non-stop developing and I am going to bed.
Bawhoppen

Postby dafels » Mon Dec 23, 2019 11:36 pm

I have actually eaten The Wok recently, the food of the Gods indeed...
dafels

Postby LadyV » Tue Dec 24, 2019 12:45 am

jorb wrote:
shubla wrote:fry in oil

Why would you ever do that to yourself when God made glorious and healthy butter?

Oh yes rich butter is queen but when we deal with root crops duck fat rises up. :D
LadyV

Postby SumFaggotPlayTester » Tue Dec 24, 2019 4:58 am

All of you plebs preferring to use oil, butter, and duck fat when foie gras exist. Get on this god tier level of cooking then we can talk about !wok.
loftar wrote:On the other hand, there's also a case to be made that we're all faggots down here and all deserve to be treated as such and that we all just revel in that anyway.

Quit letting companies make free shekels off of you; install UBlock today. Or better yet kick Google in the balls and install AdNauseam.
SumFaggotPlayTester

Postby Rexz » Tue Dec 24, 2019 5:09 am

SumFaggotPlayTester wrote:All of you plebs preferring to use oil, butter, and duck fat when foie gras exist. Get on this god tier level of cooking then we can talk about !wok.

Wait, you can use foie gras in place of oil and butter as a fat substitute for cooking? :?
Rexz

Postby LadyV » Tue Dec 24, 2019 3:01 pm

SumFaggotPlayTester wrote:All of you plebs preferring to use oil, butter, and duck fat when foie gras exist. Get on this god tier level of cooking then we can talk about !wok.

No thanks! Liver has never been in my tastes no matter how they fatten up the bird by force feeding it.

Edit: So this is not so arbitrary...

https://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/duck-fat-potato-galette-with-caraway-and-sweet-onions

:D
LadyV

Postby Potjeh » Tue Dec 24, 2019 3:29 pm

Stuff cooked on butter does taste the best, but butter is too expensive for everyday use and clarifying it is a hassle. But lard is comparable in price to vegetable oil and it's orders of magnitude tastier, so I really don't understand why people use vegetable oil for cooking.
Image Bottleneck
Potjeh

Postby Rexz » Tue Dec 24, 2019 3:38 pm

I personally like olive oil for light cooking and/or topping off food. Also am a fan of avacado oil.
Rexz

Postby Fostik » Tue Dec 24, 2019 4:03 pm

By the way, which oil is used for wok?
It smells different than any known oils :?
Known as zunzon. Contact discord: zunzon.
Fostik

Postby shubla » Tue Dec 24, 2019 8:33 pm

Potjeh wrote: I really don't understand why people use vegetable oil for cooking.

Because lard is not commonly sold, I have no idea where one would acquire it, at least in Finland. Instead, canola oil and olive oil for example are widely available.
Second, lard is very unhealthy, some people don't want to die because of heart attack at 50. Fat, sugar and salt are tasty, but not all people lack self-control.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

PreviousNext

Return to The Inn of Brodgar