Movies Appreciation Chat

General discussion and socializing.

Movies Appreciation Chat

Postby sMartins » Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:22 pm

Hello folks, how you doing? Happiness and candies and creams to celebrate Christmas? right?
Well, I'll suggest to you, as a present, a colossal movie you should watch and try to understand and learn, Kim Ki-duk will explain to you much better than me what Christmas is about. Enjoy and Merry Christmas!

‘Human, Space, Time and Human’ by Kim Ki-duk

God is dead cause his compassion.
I'd hardly call anything the Bible of our times » special thanks to MagicManICT
I only logged in to say this sentence. by neeco » 30 Oct 2018, 02:57
Default Client, Best Client!
sMartins

Re: Movies Appreciation Chat

Postby SumFaggotPlayTester » Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:44 pm

An arguably better film would be Stalker (1979) by Andrei Tarkovsky. Based on the short story Roadside Picnic. Would recommend reading the short story before hand (Its quick to read.) before watching the film; as the film uses less talking and more of the environment to portray the story. Though if its too boring for you then just play the, even more loosely based on the book, game STALKER.

tl;dr Get out of here stalker.
loftar wrote:On the other hand, there's also a case to be made that we're all faggots down here and all deserve to be treated as such and that we all just revel in that anyway.

Quit letting companies make free shekels off of you; install UBlock today. Or better yet kick Google in the balls and install AdNauseam.
SumFaggotPlayTester

Postby sMartins » Mon Dec 23, 2019 9:14 am

Then, You, yeah You should watch also this movie: The Hunt (Danish: Jagten) is a 2012 Danish Drama
sMartins

Postby SumFaggotPlayTester » Tue Dec 24, 2019 12:08 am

I'll do so, but raise you one Taxi Driver (1979) in this psychological movie game of poker. Got any other psychological and or uncanny setting recommendations?
loftar wrote:On the other hand, there's also a case to be made that we're all faggots down here and all deserve to be treated as such and that we all just revel in that anyway.

Quit letting companies make free shekels off of you; install UBlock today. Or better yet kick Google in the balls and install AdNauseam.
SumFaggotPlayTester

Postby MagicManICT » Tue Dec 24, 2019 7:25 am

The Deer Hunter (1978). Not the psychological thriller of a couple of the previous, but it has a strong psychological and emotional impact through much of the movie.

SumFaggotPlayTester wrote:Taxi Driver (1979)

Should I kill the President to prove my love to such an awesome young actress?
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby SumFaggotPlayTester » Tue Dec 24, 2019 7:56 am

MagicManICT wrote:Should I kill the President to prove my love to such an awesome young actress?

If it would turn time back and force the TV series Threshold to be finished, then, yes. Lee H. Oswald every world leader like its 1963 and the Texas heat stroke has compelled you to do God's work as you can't expect God to do all of the work. Would rather that cheesy, uncanny, alien invasion show be finished than Fringe.

Don't watch Threshold if you like cheesy ayylmao invasion. You'll get blueballed harder than the Spanish military in Cuba against the roughriders plowing ass with no lube.

SumFaggotPlayTester

Postby sMartins » Wed Dec 25, 2019 9:20 am

The Blues Brothers by John Landis
sMartins

Postby shubla » Fri Dec 27, 2019 8:51 am

Have been recently (re)watching Star Wars-movies. It amazes me how good the effects are in the movies that were made in the 70's.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby borka » Fri Dec 27, 2019 12:43 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qVIt4G31JA

Francesca Bertini & Gustavo Serena: Assunta Spina (1915)

with wonderfull Elena Seracini Vitiello aka Francesca Bertini
Last edited by borka on Fri Dec 27, 2019 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Java 8 - manually downloads - good to check for actual versions url here:
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=40331
Remember what the dormouse said: Feed your head Feed your head
borka

Postby vatas » Fri Dec 27, 2019 12:54 pm

shubla wrote:Have been recently (re)watching Star Wars-movies. It amazes me how good the effects are in the movies that were made in the 70's.

George Lucas has heavily edited the original trilogy over the years. Most changes were rather silly actually (Han shot first!) Not sure if special effects were changed, but what I read they were indeed groundbreaking on the original release.

Also, fans have restored a version of the originals https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harmy%27s ... ed_Edition
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Next

Return to The Inn of Brodgar