Gulf War 2 - Electric Boogaloo

General discussion and socializing.

Gulf War 2 - Electric Boogaloo

Postby Zentetsuken » Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:48 pm

Iran has vowed to take revenge for a US drone strike that killed its most powerful general, as the US secretary of state attempted to minimise the fallout from the dramatic attack by stating Washington was “committed to de-escalation”.

The Iranian supreme leader, Ali Khamenei, ordered three days of mourning and declared that the US would face “severe revenge” for the killing of Qassem Suleimani, who ran Tehran’s military operations in Iraq and Syria.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/ ... -suleimani

GUYS ITS FINALLY HAPPENING!!!! WW3!!!!!!!!!!!
Zentetsuken

Re: Gulf War 2 - Electric Boogaloo

Postby shubla » Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:36 pm

Nothing new really, there have been many conflicts in the middle east for thousands of years.
And non-stop conflicts for like 100+ years at least!
Would be the best to just leave them be! Foreign intervention doesn't seem to work!
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Zentetsuken » Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:52 pm

shubla wrote:Foreign intervention doesn't seem to work!

I think this relies heavily on what you believe they are trying to accomplish.
I am sure there are some old rich white men right now who think it has been working very well.
Zentetsuken

Postby iamahh » Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:22 pm

dunno about WW3, but maybe some increase in terrorism
iamahh

Postby Jalpha » Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:23 pm

Trump has been trying to goad Iran for a while now only it has not been working. Maybe this will be a real trigger for them but I doubt it. I guess we will know in three days time.

From what I know Iran is the greatest threat in the middle east due to the wealth of the country and the religious extremism there. Most of the more affluent countries in that region have strong business oriented political strategies. Not so with Iran. It seems to be the opinion of certain factions within the USA that Iran must be pacified. However public opinion determines whether an all out attack on Iran would result in political suicide. If Iran was to move directly against the USA that would justify an all out invasion of the country backed by public opinion.

In my opinion it would be foolish of them, and any retaliation is more likely to be done via proxy wars. Perhaps by further and more powerful attempts at destabilizing Iraq by supporting extremist militias. I doubt they are stupid enough to be baited into a more direct confrontation. However with their primary military strategist eliminated a brash decision may be made.
Laying flat.
Jalpha
Under curfew

Postby Zentetsuken » Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:33 pm

Jalpha wrote:Trump has been trying to goad Iran for a while now only it has not been working. Maybe this will be a real trigger for them but I doubt it. I guess we will know in three days time.

From what I know Iran is the greatest threat in the middle east due to the wealth of the country and the religious extremism there. Most of the more affluent countries in that region have strong business oriented political strategies. Not so with Iran. It seems to be the opinion of certain factions within the USA that Iran must be pacified. However public opinion determines whether an all out attack on Iran would result in political suicide. If Iran was to move directly against the USA that would justify an all out invasion of the country backed by public opinion.

In my opinion it would be foolish of them, and any retaliation is more likely to be done via proxy wars. Perhaps by further and more powerful attempts at destabilizing Iraq by supporting extremist militias. I doubt they are stupid enough to be baited into a more direct confrontation. However with their primary military strategist eliminated a brash decision may be made.

The Iranian head of state has publicly vowed to take revenge and the Iranian people have publicly terrorized and protested outside US embassies since the attack. The man that America executed was apparently revered as a hero and a keeper of stability in the middle east. America surely knew this. Also, immediately before, and following the bombing, Trump has been practically schoolyard-bullying Iran with tweets about it. He's practically begging for retaliation. He wants a war.
Zentetsuken

Postby shubla » Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:35 pm

It's easy to go into wars when your people live 10 000's of kilometers away, unreachable by the enemy.
I wonder if US would go into wars if they also tens of thousands of civilians would die and billions worth of buildings and infrastructure be destroyed.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby iamahh » Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:13 pm

maybe the retaliation will be against the dolar, China would love it
iamahh

Postby azrid » Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:07 am

Zentetsuken wrote:I am sure there are some old rich white men right now who think it has been working very well.

hehehe dont tell anyone though
azrid

Postby Granger » Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:43 am

shubla wrote:I wonder if US would go into wars if they also tens of thousands of civilians would die and billions worth of buildings and infrastructure be destroyed.

They do it the other way around by first false-flagging eg, twin towers (with result as you described) and then they're off to war.
⁎ Mon Mar 22, 2010 ✝ Thu Jan 23, 2020
Granger

Next

Return to The Inn of Brodgar