Gulf War 2 - Electric Boogaloo

General discussion and socializing.

Re: Gulf War 2 - Electric Boogaloo

Postby MightySheep » Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:19 pm

Zentetsuken wrote:How do you know anything about this man? You read Trump's TWITTER POSTS telling you that this was a very bad man, right? Maybe a fox news article?

I don't think anybody here is saying that is Soleimani man was innocent, but the only evidence anybody has of this man doing anything wrong is a handful of twitters posts from Trump.

I used google, maybe you should try that too. Even since my last post my PM Boris Johnson has said the same thing:

"General Qassem Soleimani posed a threat to all our interests and was responsible for a pattern of disruptive, destabilising behaviour in the region."

"Given the leading role he has played in actions that have led to the deaths of thousands of innocent civilians and western personnel, we will not lament his death."

I guess he must be in on the cover-up too right?
MightySheep

Postby Potjeh » Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:46 pm

UK is USA's lapdog and will unconditionally support anything USA does. Trump could drone strike the Queen and the Parliament would unanimously tweet support for him.

And yeah, I know Iran was a lot more international way back, but in the last couple of decades they've been an exclusively regional player. They are not a threat to USA or Europe. Honestly these days I'd consider them a friendly country because they oppose Saudi Arabia and enemy of my enemy is my friend.
Image Bottleneck
Potjeh

Postby mvgulik » Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:13 am

Yep. And Shared responsibility is no responsibility.

Thinking costs energy. And the brain is not one the likes to squander it, as such it has evolved an addiction to easy to handle and energy efficient binary states.
mvgulik

Postby jordancoles » Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:48 pm

So the 3 days of mourning are over as of today, right?
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby shubla » Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:09 pm

jordancoles wrote:So the 3 days of mourning are over as of today, right?

He was buried today (with millions of people attending), so if they intend to strike back soon, it will probably happen tomorrow or later this week.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Burinn » Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:05 am

MightySheep wrote:you can argue the ramifications arent worth the cost but theres no argument that it was somehow unjust

Ask the dead how much they care about how much "he deserved to die" when after they're killed by Iranian backed militias in retaliation. You can argue the ramifications aren't worth the costs, and by extension that it was unjust. I think it is grossly unjust that far more people are going to die and suffer as a result of this assassination than if it hadn't been done at all. Foreign policy based on what feels good instead of pragmatic behavior is insane. The idea that the President's moral adjudications should supersede productive foreign policy is just a ridiculous position to have.

Potjeh wrote:They are not a threat to USA or Europe. Honestly these days I'd consider them a friendly country because they oppose Saudi Arabia and enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Are you unaware or purposely ignoring all of the attempts by Iran to either bomb or assassinate political opponents abroad in Europe and the United States? If you think Iran is a "friendly nation" despite being one of the leaders in state-sponsored terror. I mean they literally fund Hezbollah and Hamas for fucks sake.

MagicManICT wrote:@burinn: I keep trying to encourage people to wise up to politics and quit playing party lines. Maybe you can share with others if you find wisdom in my words.

Democratic institutions got us into this and they can get us out. We willfully elected someone with little to no foreign policy experienced and surrounded him with arguably the most warhawkish conservatives in the country. Frankly, blunders like this and the abandonment of the Syrian Kurds shouldn't be surprising to anyone. We're talking about the same man who proclaimed he'd kill the wives and children of terrorists in the Middle East to cheering crowds.
sabinati wrote:do you expect me to just check the forum constantly, fuck off
Burinn

Postby MagicManICT » Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:01 am

And incomes the retaliatory strike: Iran fired on a US occupied base in Iraq today. I haven't looked at details yet as too busy doing other things, but saw at least a half dozen headlines a few minutes ago.

Burinn wrote:Democratic institutions got us into this and they can get us out. We willfully elected someone with little to no foreign policy experienced and surrounded him with arguably the most warhawkish conservatives in the country.

This is where the GOP has been sitting at since the 90s... at least. It has only gotten worse since 9/11. Rhetoric of the talking heads is only fanning the flames. For fear of landing on various government watch lists... the ones that need to be silenced are the ones provoking the public and less than sensible politicians into a war nobody in this world can afford. As they say... freedom of speech ends when you cause harm to others with the words you use.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Potjeh » Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:50 am

Burinn wrote:
Potjeh wrote:They are not a threat to USA or Europe. Honestly these days I'd consider them a friendly country because they oppose Saudi Arabia and enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Are you unaware or purposely ignoring all of the attempts by Iran to either bomb or assassinate political opponents abroad in Europe and the United States? If you think Iran is a "friendly nation" despite being one of the leaders in state-sponsored terror. I mean they literally fund Hezbollah and Hamas for fucks sake.

Name an Iranian attack within last 20 years where civilians died in Europe or America. I can name plenty or Wahhabi terrorists, and Saudi Arabia is behind all of those attacks.
Image Bottleneck
Potjeh

Postby Jalpha » Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:37 pm

MagicManICT wrote:And incomes the retaliatory strike: Iran fired on a US occupied base in Iraq today. I haven't looked at details yet as too busy doing other things, but saw at least a half dozen headlines a few minutes ago.

Not what I was expecting. Interesting.
Laying flat.
Jalpha
Under curfew

Postby SumFaggotPlayTester » Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:26 pm

MagicManICT wrote:And incomes the retaliatory strike: Iran fired on a US occupied base in Iraq today. I haven't looked at details yet as too busy doing other things, but saw at least a half dozen headlines a few minutes ago.

https://archive.md/H8f2s
Cross posted from CNN onto CBS; would take most of it with a grain of salt if they deviate from the topic. Low quality retaliation. Timothy McVeigh did more damage than this retaliation did. :lol: Hopefully they choose some better targets otherwise it seems they're all bark & no bite; just like they usually are. Firing semi accurate missiles at static targets does little compared to one of your top people getting ass blasted into giblets.

MagicManICT wrote:As they say... freedom of speech ends when you cause harm to others with the words you use.

This is funny.
loftar wrote:On the other hand, there's also a case to be made that we're all faggots down here and all deserve to be treated as such and that we all just revel in that anyway.

Quit letting companies make free shekels off of you; install UBlock today. Or better yet kick Google in the balls and install AdNauseam.
SumFaggotPlayTester

PreviousNext

Return to The Inn of Brodgar