multilinquilism

General discussion and socializing.

multilinquilism

Postby kmarad » Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:12 am

Recently, I've shown this game to a friend, he likes it a lot, while I'm typing those lines and off of the game I'd bet a wolf claw that he is still fishing in the ocean.
After his second day in - today - , I asked him about what he thinks about the game.
And that's the same thing I hear every time : "I love the game, but I'm not too good with english."

Jorbtar, you took our crêpes suzettes, our camembert, when will you translate this game stuff in french? And in spanish, russian, portuguese, chinese, japanese...

I know it's not easy, but If you work into translations, I'll be the first to translate EVERY word of the game into french.
This game have to be internationalized. It's the better MMORPG of all times we all know it.

Open this to the world you must.
kmarad

Re: multilinquilism

Postby vatas » Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:44 am

Contact romovs, he develops Amber client that already has fan translations for Chinese, Korean, and Russian.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Re: multilinquilism

Postby vatas » Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:08 pm

borka wrote:
vatas wrote:Also, could romovs write a short FAQ for people interested in making client translation in their native language?

https://github.com/romovs/amber/wiki/Localization (howto)
https://github.com/romovs/amber/tree/master/l10n

(or unpack l10n.jar in your Amber folder with 7zip)

in simple words (better read romovs howto!)
... copy xxxxx_en.properties - translate ... rename to i.e. xxxxx_fr.properties ... upload ... pm url to romovs
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Return to The Inn of Brodgar