Coronavirus

The Place Where Bad Threads Go To Die.

Re: Coronavirus

Postby mvgulik » Mon Dec 28, 2020 6:45 pm

> "... avoid death"

What a stupid way of formulating that.
But I guess it takes a bit more than just having a brain to know the difference between 'that' and "avoiding one particular way of dying by choosing an other one".
mvgulik

Postby Jalpha » Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:49 am

I remember the medical experimentation done in the Nazi era. I am thankful for the carryover advances in medical technology. Our lives are better.

Honestly, old people have bent themselves toward misleading us and destroying our future. Any effort we make to undo the damage they have caused our futures is met with resistance. I think you could say it is an eye for an eye that we are now using them for medical experimentation.

Carry on.
Laying flat.
Jalpha
Under curfew

Postby Zentetsuken » Tue Dec 29, 2020 2:33 pm

Jalpha wrote:I remember the medical experimentation done in the Nazi era. I am thankful for the carryover advances in medical technology. Our lives are better.

Honestly, old people have bent themselves toward misleading us and destroying our future. Any effort we make to undo the damage they have caused our futures is met with resistance. I think you could say it is an eye for an eye that we are now using them for medical experimentation.

Carry on.

wow thanks for that vivid reminder that you are reaching dissociative levels of schizoid personality disorder
careful with that edge bud
Zentetsuken

Postby Virs » Thu Dec 31, 2020 7:08 am

shubla wrote:Well first people in Finland are getting their shots tomorrow.

I don't realize why we cannot make like 100 billion vaccines in 2 months.
Its 2020, humanity has more power and ability than ever, why not make producing those vaccines #1 priority of humankind globally, the pandemic would be over in a blink of an eye.

What does it take to make these vaccines? Why Finland has not built a vaccine factory to quickly produce millions of shots?
Even if the vaccine factory cost 2 billion euros, it would still probably be worth it economically

Back in war days lots of factories in Finland were quickly converted to produce ammunition and thousands of women were put to work in them, while men were fighting in the front.
But these days the society is unable to make anything like that?

Why not make some emergency law which would allow forcing all of the Finnish engineers to work on the vaccine production line?

Can't understand...

You do realise gunpowder, lead and a bit of scrap is a "bit" less complicated than producing a syringe with vaccine or you've never been to any factory in your life?
Virs

Postby MagicManICT » Thu Dec 31, 2020 7:31 am

Virs wrote:You do realise gunpowder, lead and a bit of scrap is a "bit" less complicated than producing a syringe with vaccine or you've never been to any factory in your life?

To be fair, war is more important than dealing with medical needs. Agree that firearms are much simpler to retool a factory for than biomedical production, but have to say it is within the realm of possibility for it to be done. Many companies in NA and EU were trying to change production to PPE for hospital staff early in the year and other equipment (ventilators for one), but getting blocked by medical certification standards.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby shubla » Thu Dec 31, 2020 8:22 am

Virs wrote:
You do realise gunpowder, lead and a bit of scrap is a "bit" less complicated than producing a syringe with vaccine or you've never been to any factory in your life?

I mean yeah sure, but still, how complicated it can be if it not feasible to make more of these factories for some country or like a shared one for EU.
After all, it should be made #1 priority that humankind has. Are we really this inable to do anything?
Those few companies know how to do it, so there are machines, methods, everything already invented, why don't we just duplicate the already existing production lines ten fold?

Recently I also learned that if there was an large (or even small) asteroid that was headed towards earth, we couldn't do anything to deflect it.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby AtoB » Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:25 am

Pandemic does not seem to exist in germany:
https://www.covid19.statistik.uni-muenc ... icht-4.pdf
AtoB

Postby mvgulik » Thu May 27, 2021 6:38 am

Wow.
The idea that the corona virus might have come from that research lab after all is back on the table.
Well, at least now based on some, in my view, sound reasoning's.

Not that that will ever be truly proofed beyond any reasonable doubt of course. China will make sure of that (dictatorships are pretty good, and getting better, at that. "Just keep lying and denying" - lol).

Interesting. One more reason why China craves to get full control over Taiwan back ... might be TSMC.
In relation to this the thoughts of a like minded leader of some other big country seem kinda related:
Artificial intelligence is the future, Whoever becomes the leader in this sphere will become the ruler of the world.

lol.
Kinda funny how potential global problems just seem to add up instead of going down. Might be explained by the answer on Fermi's question.
(Seabed dumped munition anyone. ... Guess who is going to pay to clean that up, if ever/in-time.)

... Soft healers make stinking wounds. ...
mvgulik

Postby shubla » Thu May 27, 2021 6:34 pm

Is there other reason to believe that its china, other than US saying so?
May I remind that china has also blamed US for it I think.

--

Masks are frustrating.
I went to the store at prime time (7pm) today, and most people were of course wearing them.
But
But those people at the fruit section were touching tomatoes, oranges and all other fruits like 20 times before picking 2 into the bag.
Licking their fingers to open plastic bags etc. etc.
I literally never touch any fruits that I am not going to pick, I use my eyes to analyze which fruits and vegetables are the best, and so far it has worked quite well, never get any bad ones.

Then some of them look at you, perhaps for not wearing a mask. Like they were better people? Even though they are the problem.

Most people seem to think that masks are very important in preventing transmission and quite effective also, but this is not the case.
Masks do not prevent aerosols at all, even though that is precisely how the virus spreads, people also misuse masks, touch them, put them off and on again and so on.
I also think that transmission by touching objects is a bit underestimated, never see anything about that in the news.

https://apps.who.int/iris/handle/10665/337199?
This is still WHO's current stance towards them. Use in community settings does not seem to provide any meaningful benefits, maybe even opposite because of false sense of security etc.

I've also been thinking if masks provide any benefit at all if you don't open your mouth/talk/sneeze. Even in case of infected individuals. Its not like you would cause any bigger droplets while breathing normally through your nose?
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Schattengaenger » Tue Jun 01, 2021 3:22 pm

AtoB wrote:Pandemic does not seem to exist in germany:
https://www.covid19.statistik.uni-muenc ... icht-4.pdf

While I still need to read the paper, your point doesn't hold any water if you apply a small amount of common sense.
While the total death count of germany doesn't much differ form previous years (that is what I read there for the first part of the study) it should have been lower with all the restrictions and safety measures, but it remained constant because there is a pandamic killing elders well before their time. The Second part of the study even states as such, that the elderly are dying to much because of ineffective measures in nursing homes.
Schattengaenger

PreviousNext

Return to Hel