Coronavirus

The Place Where Bad Threads Go To Die.

Re: Coronavirus

Postby Mario_Demorez » Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:57 pm

shubla wrote:

I read from a Finnish newspaper that US is saying that it was made in a lab in Wuhan and that is partially why they suspended funding to WHO.

I’ll one up ya! There’s a post on Facebook going around in Mississippi, USA that Bill Gates holds the patent for coronavirus and it’s vaccine. He is also the partner of the wuhan lab.
Mario_Demorez

Postby mvgulik » Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:55 am

Fermi: Where are they?
God: They destroy themself. Side effect of my ingenious included stupidity gene.
Last edited by mvgulik on Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mvgulik

Postby Glorthan » Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:50 am

https://www.scientificamerican.com/arti ... onavirus1/

Bats cultivate a shit-ton of virus strains that transmit to many species, this isn't the first to affect humans like this, and won't be the last.
Glorthan

Postby MagicManICT » Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:20 am

VDZ wrote:
MagicManICT wrote:I'm going to go to my grave laughing when, in two weeks, Austin, Texas, is the newest hotspot for a coronavirus outbreak: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/conse ... onavirus_1

It would be funny of it didn't involve, you know, quit a lot of people dying and further difficulties in stopping the spread of the virus (and increased risk of mutation).

You're absolutely correct. Part of me wants to say "Yeah, let these people go do what they want--go to baseball games, enjoy each other's company.... let the stupid people kill themselves off with their stupidity so there's fewer of them in the world." Wisdom says it just makes the problem worse for everyone, and it's not a "nice thing" or "very Christian" of me to think such things. The reality is I just want to hold my head in my hands and let out a big sigh for the gullibility of humanity.

Forgot to save the article link, but several emergency room doctors are coming out saying they're not seeing the "usual" medical issues--heart attacks, strokes, appendicitis, gall bladder disease, etc--in the ER. Speculation is people are too afraid to come in and get proper treatment.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby mvgulik » Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:18 am

Bummer, but inevitable after enough iterations.
The spectacle of Life cells morphing on computer screens proved dangerously addictive for graduate students in math, physics and computer science, as well as for many people with jobs that provided access to idling mainframe computers. A U.S. military report estimated that the workplace hours lost clandestinely watching Life evolve on computer screens cost millions of dollars. Or so one Life legend has it.
RIP John Horton Conway (legendary mathematician)(died of complications from COVID-19 (11 April 2020 (aged 82)))

mvgulik

Postby MagicManICT » Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:06 pm

Man, I remember coding that into my Apple II in BASIC so many years ago and just letting it run to see what it'd do. I wouldn't be surprised if it was millions of dollars in computing power "wasted" on such silliness. (I'm sure video games have cost billions in tax dollars over the years.)
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Spin2Win » Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:28 pm

co-ro-na
Cough it,
Spread it,
Say it's just the flu,

Spitting out these rhymes isn't hard for me to do
Sic Parvis Magna; Greatness from small beginnings.
Spin2Win

Postby azrid » Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:24 pm

Any early naysayers in here yet? How ya feeling about your opinions?
Over half a million dead.
azrid

Postby jordancoles » Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:32 pm

azrid wrote:Any early naysayers in here yet? How ya feeling about your opinions?
Over half a million dead.

Still a hoax

USA! USA!
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby iamahh » Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:40 am

Spanish study found that "just 5 percent of those tested across the country maintained antibodies to the virus"

"Immunity can be incomplete, it can be transitory, it can last for just a short time and then disappear," Raquel Yotti, the director of Spain's Carlos III Health Institute, which helped conduct the study, said.
iamahh

PreviousNext

Return to Hel