Coronavirus

The Place Where Bad Threads Go To Die.

Re: Coronavirus

Postby shubla » Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:29 am

Ysh wrote:
shubla wrote:There are many forms of welfare in FInland, how much you get depends on which welfare you are on.

Which you are on?

one which requires me to work 70 hours every week so I can get 6000 euros of debt a year.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Ysh » Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:40 am

shubla wrote:
Ysh wrote:
shubla wrote:There are many forms of welfare in FInland, how much you get depends on which welfare you are on.

Which you are on?

one which requires me to work 70 hours every week so I can get 6000 euros of debt a year.

What?
Kaios wrote:Spice Girls are integral to understanding Ysh's thought process when communicating, duly noted.

I have become victory of very nice Jordan Coles Contest! Enjoy my winning submit here if it pleasures you.
Ysh

Postby shubla » Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:21 pm

They did a quiz in Finland, asking people about how well FInnish government has dealt with the recent issues, and how THL (like the government's healthcare organization) has performed.

Most people said very well or well.

Why people are so stupid! Have they read the news at all?
They have NOT dealt well with the coronavirus. Their decisions are just a big mess and they pull new under-estimated estimates out of their asses every day, not wanting to admit the reality.
In the early days of the epidemic they referred to WHO's guidelines, but when WHO changed their guidelines to be more strict, they just stopped referring to them and are now referring to Finnish health organizations guidelines :roll: So seems like they do not really care about any guidelines, but do as they please, and then cherry pick some guidelines from some random organization which has suitable ones, so people wouldn't complain.

Government decided to stop all unnecessary traffic in/out from the capital area, but apparently you can get in/out by just saying that you have to go to work. They don't check or anything. So it's quite meaningless ban yet again...
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
shubla

Postby Sevenless » Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:34 pm

Canada is taking responsible steps trying to balance the economic impact while also addressing the virus' spread. The sensible measures that have failed in several other countries. We're rapidly approaching a notable death toll and near complete quarantine/martial law being the only option to stop it, because we weren't aggressive enough early on when it "wasn't needed" even though we can see how italy and spain are turning out.

I worry for my parents.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby Trappin » Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:43 pm

PUL-042, a drug used by cancer patients to ramp up their lung immune system to fight lung infections is in clinical trials in a Houston, Texas hospital. The drug proved effective in trials versus SARS, MERS and a few other infuenza viruses.

People in NYC/Manhattan are ignoring stay at home orders and traveling to places like south Florida which may account for the corvid infection spike in Miami.

Tracking for the US: covidtracking.com
Trappin

Postby AtoB » Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:53 pm

Sevenless wrote:I worry for my parents.

That part I can understand.

The rest... not so much. Which stems from the statistics counting corona virus deaths by simply checking if there was an infection, regardless of existance of any smyptoms or it being the actual cause of death. First in northern germany was a 73 year old with terminal stage cancer on a palliative (specialized on making dying as pleasant as possible) station, who as of the cancer was a dead man walking that went there to lay down and die, managed to pull that off and through this was promoted to have officially died of corona.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised at this point if someone who successfully suicided through eating a shotgun would too be chalked up as a corona death, given a positive test outcome on the now basically headless body. And as the resulting completely nonsense statistics are used as excuse to to remove civil liberties... Have a nice pandemic crisis.
AtoB

Postby shubla » Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:59 pm

AtoB wrote: are used as excuse to to remove civil liberties... Have a nice pandemic crisis.

But why would anyone want to do that?
Restrictive measures are put in place to protect people.
shubla

Postby mvgulik » Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:26 am

shubla wrote:Wish there was just one basic income!

:shock:
Wow. I never expected something like that coming from your mouth/brain.
Although ... the leading up complaining suggest its just related to your being sick of all the rules in play. And nothing else.
(Figure that is still worth a +1 ... out of 10 mind you. Not that you care of course.)

lol
mvgulik

Postby LadyV » Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:08 am

Living in a nation with almost 11 million illegal immigrants this tickles me to no end.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-52053656

I wish no one to get sick but the irony can not be ignored.
LadyV

Postby borka » Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:01 am

AtoB wrote:And as the resulting completely nonsense statistics are used as excuse to to remove civil liberties... Have a nice pandemic crisis.

what of your civil liberties have been removed?
Java 8 - manually downloads - good to check for actual versions url here:
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=40331
Remember what the dormouse said: Feed your head Feed your head
borka

PreviousNext

Return to Hel