Coronavirus

The Place Where Bad Threads Go To Die.

Re: Coronavirus

Postby Jalpha » Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:29 pm

Moon base 2024 boomer. There's a lot of space in space. The boomers have known space colonisation was possible since the sixties and what did they decide to do instead? Invade asia. We don't need that kind of mindset in the future.

Worse than that they have created the resource shortage we are experiencing by not making the step into space. The boomers have mismanaged just about bloody everything. Restricting basic human nature and forcing people into overcrowded, polluted areas. No no. Only two babies each. We will just import more consumers from overseas to keep the economy growing.

Morons. Utter morons. Can't see past the end of their own noses and they don't care about anyone but themselves. Every solution they come up with is like they just want to try the most stupid option imaginable.

The boomers need to go.
Laying flat.
Jalpha
Under curfew

Postby VDZ » Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:19 pm

Avu wrote:But even as rich and amoral some of these people are what is the alternative? Communism? That shit has killed tens of millions of people and just because they don't teach you that in snowflake school it doesn't make it a fucking workable system unless you like a boot on your neck every day for the rest of your cyborg immortal life.

VDZ

Postby Burinn » Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:21 pm

VDZ wrote:Image

The people on the right are still better off.
sabinati wrote:do you expect me to just check the forum constantly, fuck off
Burinn

Postby Jalpha » Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:38 pm

Yea I like living in a society where my bank balance is more important than friends, family or personal happiness. I guess perfection doesn't exist.
Laying flat.
Jalpha
Under curfew

Postby Potjeh » Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:42 pm

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite.

All forms of society quickly turn to shit, simply because humans are not fit for living in large societies. We still have stone age brains, which are meant for living in small hunter gatherer groups where you know other people well and can reasonably appraise others contributions to your own well-being. When you live with too many people to really know everyone, you get distrust which promotes selfish behaviors. So yeah, if you wanna blame someone for our society being shit, blame the assholes that invented agriculture, humanity's greatest mistake.
Image Bottleneck
Potjeh

Postby Burinn » Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:42 pm

Jalpha wrote:Yea I like living in a society where my bank balance is more important than friends, family or personal happiness. I guess perfection doesn't exist.

Should anyone care about how to pay to keep you alive? Or would you just prefer that it weren't you?

Imagine complaining about the market economy in 2020.
sabinati wrote:do you expect me to just check the forum constantly, fuck off
Burinn

Postby AtoB » Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:39 pm

Potjeh wrote:All forms of society quickly turn to shit, simply because humans are not fit for living in large societies. We still have stone age brains, which are meant for living in small hunter gatherer groups where you know other people well and can reasonably appraise others contributions to your own well-being. When you live with too many people to really know everyone, you get distrust which promotes selfish behaviors.

With the group getting too big we do not get distrust but anonymity, which is allowing the (depending on who guesses) 1-3% of sociopaths free reign as they're not longer under effective observation to be told to fuck off and die by the group when they overdo it - hence they overdo it, fucking it up for everyone.

Catch 22 is that the normal decent folks are too decent to simply execute the ones with the personality defects that make the worst problems... and the ones without a conscience, who would have no issues with wiping out a part of the population for the(ir) greater good, are the ones mankind would need to get rid off to be able to live in peace.

But yes, medicine is developed enough by now to scan for these with accuracy - in case mankind should decelope an interest in doing that it would be possible.

agriculture, humanity's greatest mistake.

Did they bath you too hot as a child to come up with nonsense like this?
AtoB

Postby borka » Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:44 pm

Jalpha wrote:We will just import more consumers from overseas to keep the economy growing.

Told by an import that consumeinvades us ... Tuŝu vian propran nazon ...
borka

Postby MagicManICT » Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:00 pm

Jalpha wrote:Moon base 2024 boomer. There's a lot of space in space. The boomers have known space colonisation was possible since the sixties and what did they decide to do instead? Invade asia. We don't need that kind of mindset in the future.

Fun fact: Asia was invaded well before we knew space travel was possible. maybe if the two superpowers and their allies hadn't wasted all that energy on fighting each other, we'd have a Mars colony by now. (At least, some authors theorized as much.) Truth of the matter: we got to the Moon via military needs for pinpoint guidance systems. Best way to test? Send rockets to places that are pleasing to the public.

Worse than that they have created the resource shortage we are experiencing by not making the step into space. The boomers have mismanaged just about bloody everything. Restricting basic human nature and forcing people into overcrowded, polluted areas. No no. Only two babies each. We will just import more consumers from overseas to keep the economy growing.

Technologically, we're not even close to making commercial applications of space other than what we're already doing. If you're going to be bitter about wasted time, you're on the wrong subject. My prediction: our first Lunar and Martian colonies will suffer the same fate as the Viking explorers in North America, the Jamestown and Roanoke settlements, etc. Why? We're just not ready for it yet.

Morons. Utter morons. Can't see past the end of their own noses and they don't care about anyone but themselves. Every solution they come up with is like they just want to try the most stupid option imaginable.

pot, meet kettle?

AtoB wrote:With the group getting too big[...]

Interesting. It really is one of the problems of society. The Internet has both helped us grow and exacerbated the matter.

The boomers need to go.

I'd say anyone with an IQ below 120 needs to go... but what do I know? Since it's a moving average of the population, I'd end up in that pool at some point. (Besides, we know IQs are fake science.)
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Jalpha » Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:08 pm

My country has a lot more immigrants than your countries. Fun fact of the day;

29% of Australian citizens alive today were not born in Australia.

I think that makes me more qualified to comment on such issues. Be careful not to make assumptions.

Keep it real yo.

You got me on the asia call MagicManICT, thanks for that. Although Vietnam was happening for way longer than it should have so I can't hand you a complete victory on that one. I'm not pleased at all that military concerns have been and still are the primary consideration for utilisation of space resources. As for the rest I am just going to say that you are wrong and if anybody cares to make a space colonisation thread I will school you. IQ is not the issue. The issue is neuroplasticity and adaptability. There is no future without space.
Laying flat.
Jalpha
Under curfew

PreviousNext

Return to Hel