Do Not Normalize It.

General discussion and socializing.

Do Not Normalize It.

Postby Hasta » Sun Mar 15, 2020 12:23 am

People who take pleasure in making other people miserable are not normal.

NO, it's not because "butthurt much?".
NO, it's not because "It's just a game deal with it".
NO, it's not because "git good".

People who take pleasure in making other people miserable have deep psychoogical problems; the fact that they are venting in online games is a positive thing, but it is not normal. Don't normalise "griefing".

If you do things just for the perceived pleasure of other people disliking these things - you are not normal.
If the pleasure is multiplied whenever you can actually observe a person's grief, you are actually disfunctional and should probably seek help for the sake of your close and loved ones.

I "get" that this is a "game mechanic", I don't mind being griefed and whatnot.
I just have to say that THIS IS NOT NORMAL. This is our reality now, but THIS IS NOT NORMAL. Keep that in mind, always.
Hasta

Re: Do Not Normalize It.

Postby borka » Sun Mar 15, 2020 12:46 am

Hasta wrote:People who take pleasure in making other people miserable are not normal.

I just have to say that THIS IS NOT NORMAL. This is our reality now, but THIS IS NOT NORMAL. Keep that in mind, always.

Full Ack !
Java 8 - manually downloads - good to check for actual versions url here:
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=40331
Remember what the dormouse said: Feed your head Feed your head
borka

Postby terechgracz » Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:00 am

Hasta wrote:People who take pleasure in making other people miserable have deep psychoogical problems;

Why you assume they do it to make you feel bad? Maybe their goal isn't to make you miserable, mb they just want your gear, or they want you to move out.
terechgracz

Postby Hasta » Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:11 am

terechgracz wrote:
Hasta wrote:People who take pleasure in making other people miserable have deep psychoogical problems;

Why you assume they do it to make you feel bad?

As I have explicitly clarified, I do not "assume" anything, this is not related to anything that happened in-game, I just had some free time and decided it was time to start the "THIS IS NOT NORMAL" campaign here. Because, let's be real here for a moment, the things that I've described -- are not normal. No matter the circumstances, reasoning or consequences -- they are not.

And -- just for you, my little grenish friend -- if a character have enough skills to grief a base barely a week into new world, he doesn't want "things", he aims to grief. Don't consider everyone else stupid =)
Last edited by Hasta on Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hasta

Postby Hasta » Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:16 am

If we're geting into details here -- griefing is so normalized in this commuity, that it became an equal and validated part of it. This is not normal. Just think about it: it's in the name. "Grifers" are not normal people, yet they get to have a say in wherever the game developement goes. *shrugs* I, again, dont mind -- as long as everyone have an equal chance to bash in somene's head; but don't even for a second consider that it's a "normal thing".
Hasta

Postby tyrtix » Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:21 am

Hasta wrote:If we're geting into details here -- griefing is so normalized in this commuity, that it became an equal and validated part of it. This is not normal. Just think about it: it's in the name. "Grifers" are not normal people, yet they get to have a say in wherever the game developement goes. *shrugs* I, again, dont mind -- as long as everyone have an equal chance to bash in somene's head; but don't even for a second consider that it's a "normal thing".

+1, griefers have serious problems sometimes. I got one in day 2, bashed most of my things just because, emptied crates around, picked nothing, then tried to bash down a freshly made timber house (wich took him like 40 min. before giving out). If you believe this is "normal", you prolly are one of those who make those things and enjoy them. To be honest, the game mechanics regards these things are pretty silly: i won't let anyone pick my stuff if i'm around, but here? can't do anything to prevent that. This should change.
tyrtix

Postby bmjclark » Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:21 am

I bet they take great pleasure in the fact that they made you make this post
Cajoes wrote:I was the murder victim your guy aggro'd. And slew. Entirely unprovoked. Rather handily at that. Which prompted the retaliatory party. That you also handily slew.
bmjclark

Postby MightySheep » Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:40 am

How is it not normal? It is basic human nature. Every kid on the internet is a toxic griefer by default then eventually has to learn to grow out of it (or not). Everyone throughout time always have to have someone beneath them to shit on, whether its jews or blacks or sprucies. It's just a game deal with it and git gud.
MightySheep

Postby rye130 » Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:53 am

I saw a little kid destroy a sand castle at the beach the other day. THIS IS NOT NORMAL. He should be euthanized.
rye130

Postby The_Blode » Sun Mar 15, 2020 2:16 am

Far more 'normal' than you may realize, there's a reason people were happiest in smaller communities
The_Blode

Next

Return to The Inn of Brodgar