Do Not Normalize It.

General discussion and socializing.

Re: Do Not Normalize It.

Postby SnuggleSnail » Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:32 am

shubla wrote:There should be some way for noobs to get their revenge.
Currently it is 100% impossible to kill some bandit, even if he would continuously steal from you and kill your characters. I think as a solution, the outlaw debuff should be made more severe. Longer, and more severe, that is, to make people think twice whether they should destroy and kill everything that they see.

It seems very unbecoming to ask for your enemies to be inherently hurt by the dev/game mechanics, as opposed to asking for a way to hurt them yourself.
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby MagicManICT » Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:35 am

peanutzrgud wrote:
MagicManICT wrote:
peanutzrgud wrote:whoever wrote this must have just found out some of the young lads at ainran came back this world

After being in the game for about 8 years now, can we call the lads from Ainran "young" anymore? Even if they were all 13 when they started playing, they're all 20-something now. I know at least some of them were 20-somethings when Ainran formed up as a group, so.... they're getting to be old men now. :lol:

age is just a number sir - says nothing of certain characteristics

Touché
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Ysh » Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:54 am

Kaios wrote:Spice Girls are integral to understanding Ysh's thought process when communicating, duly noted.

I have become victory of very nice Jordan Coles Contest! Enjoy my winning submit here if it pleasures you.
Ysh

Postby Failoman56 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:52 am

Hasta wrote:People who take pleasure in making other people miserable are not normal.

NO, it's not because "butthurt much?".
NO, it's not because "It's just a game deal with it".
NO, it's not because "git good".

People who take pleasure in making other people miserable have deep psychoogical problems; the fact that they are venting in online games is a positive thing, but it is not normal. Don't normalise "griefing".

If you do things just for the perceived pleasure of other people disliking these things - you are not normal.
If the pleasure is multiplied whenever you can actually observe a person's grief, you are actually disfunctional and should probably seek help for the sake of your close and loved ones.

I "get" that this is a "game mechanic", I don't mind being griefed and whatnot.
I just have to say that THIS IS NOT NORMAL. This is our reality now, but THIS IS NOT NORMAL. Keep that in mind, always.

Grow up
Failoman56

Postby quarc » Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:16 am

[deleted]
Last edited by quarc on Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
quarc

Postby fallout » Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:26 pm

SnuggleSnail wrote:I'm pretty sure the increase in griefing is because it's nearly impossible to kill semi-competent people. Repercussions are basically impossible. Daily reminder that a lack of death creates more griefing.

Lel, plenty of death going on matey.
fallout

Postby drakesaint » Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:49 pm

This is now officially the "git gud faget" thread of Haven and Hearth. Post your git gud pics here.
drakesaint

Postby Burinn » Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:51 pm

drakesaint wrote:This is now officially the "git gud faget" thread of Haven and Hearth. Post your git gud pics here.

Some doofus keeps posting without a profile picture for some reason. Git gud. See image.
sabinati wrote:do you expect me to just check the forum constantly, fuck off
Burinn

Postby abt79 » Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:10 pm

oh wow, it’s another “salty cuz my shit got rekt” thread
abt79

Postby dafels » Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:27 pm

this thread gone wrong real quick
dafels

PreviousNext

Return to The Inn of Brodgar