Re: Space Colonization Thread

Postby Burinn » Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:03 am

Zentetsuken wrote:Image

but what about aliens?
sabinati wrote:do you expect me to just check the forum constantly, fuck off
Burinn

Postby Potjeh » Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:26 am

Moon colony could be useful because there's supposedly a lot more He3 there than on Earth, and He3 will be useful for fusion reactors soonTM.
Image Bottleneck
Potjeh

Postby shubla » Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:47 pm

I think we are quite far from self sufficient colonies in other planets (or moons).
I wonder what is under martian soil though, does it contain same metals as earth does? Is the real problem on moving to mars only just atmosphere?
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby MagicManICT » Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:26 pm

shubla wrote:I wonder what is under martian soil though, does it contain same metals as earth does? Is the real problem on moving to mars only just atmosphere?

According to astrophysics... yes. The rocks brought back from the moon have even fueled some of the "fake Moon trip" conspiracies due to the nature of them.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby borka » Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:40 am

Potjeh wrote:Moon colony could be useful because there's supposedly a lot more He3 there than on Earth, and He3 will be useful for fusion reactors soonTM.

TM
borka

Postby Jalpha » Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:39 am

I am not current on fusion anything. However I have doubts that He3 will be used on earth at all. There is not enough reason to use He3 unless you are using it for a fusion rocket. From what little I know the He3 produces less damage to reactor parts and is a more stable reaction. Fusion anything is still a long term unknown at this point.
Laying flat.
Jalpha
Under curfew

Postby Glorthan » Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:01 am

This thread is too good.

Jalpha, have you considered writing science fiction as a profession? "Near-reality" science fiction where you just make up a different set of rules and initial conditions roughly correlating to our current situation can be quite popular. And it could be a nice cathartic creative outlet.

Best part is nobody really cares if you don't nail the physics, as long as it's not too far fetched.
Glorthan

Postby SumFaggotPlayTester » Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:37 pm

If its not like spess mans in SS13 I'd be disappointed. No one can hear you honk in spess when you get spaced by the valid hunting assistant.
loftar wrote:On the other hand, there's also a case to be made that we're all faggots down here and all deserve to be treated as such and that we all just revel in that anyway.

Quit letting companies make free shekels off of you; install UBlock today. Or better yet kick Google in the balls and install AdNauseam.
SumFaggotPlayTester

Postby Jalpha » Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:02 am

Glorthan wrote:science fiction as a profession?

It has been on the cards for a very long time. Most people who create these kinds of worlds for you to explore in your mind are older.

I like digital media as opposed to writing. We have the technology now to allow the audience to see what we have created.

It is also a lot of work sliding all the pieces around so they fit properly.
Laying flat.
Jalpha
Under curfew

Postby MagicManICT » Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:57 am

There are a lot more millennials in game design, graphics arts, etc vs writing books or other related literature, but there's still a lot doing writing. And it's even easier to get published or to self-publish and make a little money at it. Creating a short novel or a collection of short stories is tons easier than writing a video game.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

PreviousNext

Return to The Inn of Brodgar