Dryad and treant mystery

General discussion and socializing.

Re: Dryad and treant mystery

Postby ErdTod » Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:37 pm

Darruin wrote:In one of the devstreams a while ago Jorb said he was "surprised nobody figured out what they do yet". He wouldn't be screwing with us would he? ¦]

Did he mean... "nothing"?..
ErdTod

Postby Audiosmurf » Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:40 pm

My guess has always been that the dryads wander around the map and load areas that they enter like a player. Never been able to prove/disprove this myself.
jorb wrote:Audiosmurf isis a fantastic poster/genius and his meatintellect is huge

NORMALIZE IT
banok wrote:i've been playing hnh thru 10 years of involuntary celibacy and I always build my palisade in 5 minutes so if a new player cant figure it out straight away they can get fucked and chug bleach
Audiosmurf

Postby Nightdawg » Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:45 pm

Audiosmurf wrote:My guess has always been that the dryads wander around the map and load areas that they enter like a player. Never been able to prove/disprove this myself.

I have thought about this too, but then we've had trapped dryads despawn under our nose because we didn't keep the tiles loaded (they stayed there when an alt was watching over them). So after that I just assumed they get spawned just like other monsters, forageables, etc., when you refresh some inactive tiles.
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby ErdTod » Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:49 pm

Throwing a snowball in it doesn't help too :)
ErdTod

Previous

Return to The Inn of Brodgar