Postby SmackMcBacon » Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:24 pm

Nice update and I like the hat

what a clownworld we living in
SmackMcBacon

Re: Game Development: Dressed in Ermine

Postby Burinn » Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:02 pm

SmackMcBacon wrote:Nice update and I like the hat

If you don't understand the difference in how people use those phrases you might actually be braindead.
sabinati wrote:do you expect me to just check the forum constantly, fuck off
Burinn

Postby Tamalak » Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:21 pm

Burinn wrote:

If you don't understand the difference in how people use those phrases you might actually be braindead.

Sorry about that. So what phrase do we use for a positive stance on being white and celebrating white heritage?
Tamalak

Postby Burinn » Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:26 pm

Tamalak wrote:Sorry about that. So what phrase do we use for a positive stance on being white and celebrating white heritage?

If you're butthurt about it being "co-opted" by horrible people, I don't know what to tell you. That's not my problem.
Burinn

Postby SmackMcBacon » Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:27 pm

Burinn wrote:

I can perfectly read the difference in how people use those phrases. You can read too can't you?
SmackMcBacon

Postby Burinn » Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:28 pm

Bitch about "it ain't fair that this phrase has negative baggage and the other ones don't!" in another thread.
Burinn

Re: It ain't fair!!!!11one

Postby MagicManICT » Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:42 pm

Split the derail off. I dont' want to fault anyone for continuing a conversation, but it's getting a bit too much for an Annoucement post. I should probably split more off, but this was a convenient point.

(Apologies for my earlier contributions to the problem. I forget these things myself sometimes.)
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Sevenless » Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:58 pm

Tamalak wrote:Sorry about that. So what phrase do we use for a positive stance on being white and celebrating white heritage?

Being white isn't really a cultural identity, nor a unified heritage. Definitely the same can be said about other skin colours, but white people are particularly diverse in the cultures they come from compared to other lineages in north america (native, black, latin to name a few more unified skin colour to culture groups). I'd argue if anything, white people should probably take this opportunity to say "skin colour doesn't matter" and go with cultural heritage instead. Northern italians, french, scandinavian, slavic, english. All of these peoples share a skin colour and that's about where it stops.

So you're like me, in america (canada for me, but same continent). Your cultural identity has been whitewashed (incidentally, this term isn't racist in origins it's about painting over in cheap paint that happened to be white). All you really identify with is your skin colour, which is honestly meaningless, and your current country.

Don't try to be proud in being white, be proud for being American, or Canadian. Or pride in where your ancestors came from and their traditions. This race bullshit won't stop until we stop caring about it, so maybe it's time we do that.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby SmackMcBacon » Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:06 pm

Burinn wrote:Bitch about "it ain't fair that this phrase has negative baggage and the other ones don't!" in another thread.

Just put the bottle down Burinn, im not bitchin' at all. Just made a comparison with all the different 'prides' in the world but the only one with a bad standing/description is 'White'. That was all and it's true, calling me 'braindead' only proves my point more. Flinging shit when you dont have anything else to say.
Typical.
SmackMcBacon

Postby Burinn » Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:08 pm

SmackMcBacon wrote:
Burinn wrote:Bitch about "it ain't fair that this phrase has negative baggage and the other ones don't!" in another thread.

Just put the bottle down Burinn, im not bitchin' at all. Just made a comparison with all the different 'prides' in the world but the only one with a bad standing/description is 'White'. That was all and it's true, calling me 'braindead' only proves my point more. Flinging shit when you dont have anything else to say.
Typical.

No one is obliged to take shit like that seriously, sorry.
Burinn

Next

Return to The Inn of Brodgar