It ain't fair!!!!11one

General discussion and socializing.

Re: It ain't fair!!!!11one

Postby Kearn » Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:49 am

xTrainx wrote:it's ok to be white

ok racist why dont you just throw a few 1488s in there pal hey guy i bet you want a roman salute emote in the game dont you dude i bet you do i can tell i bet you paved swastikas into every village youve ever been in i bet you name all your sheep hitler and hitlerette i know your kind ok i bet you breed all your horses to be pure white and kill all the others i bet you only use white truffles huh buddy yeah i figured thats why you arent disagreeing with anything im saying because im correct ok
Kearn

Postby azrid » Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:04 am

meanwhile in latvia

our hearthlings are small time
azrid

Re: Game Development: Dressed in Ermine

Postby Ants » Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:14 am

Sevenless wrote:
Tamalak wrote:Sorry about that. So what phrase do we use for a positive stance on being white and celebrating white heritage?

Being white isn't really a cultural identity, nor a unified heritage. Definitely the same can be said about other skin colours, but white people are particularly diverse in the cultures they come from compared to other lineages in north america (native, black, latin to name a few more unified skin colour to culture groups). I'd argue if anything, white people should probably take this opportunity to say "skin colour doesn't matter" and go with cultural heritage instead. Northern italians, french, scandinavian, slavic, english. All of these peoples share a skin colour and that's about where it stops.

So you're like me, in america (canada for me, but same continent). Your cultural identity has been whitewashed (incidentally, this term isn't racist in origins it's about painting over in cheap paint that happened to be white). All you really identify with is your skin colour, which is honestly meaningless, and your current country.

Don't try to be proud in being white, be proud for being American, or Canadian. Or pride in where your ancestors came from and their traditions. This race bullshit won't stop until we stop caring about it, so maybe it's time we do that.

I disagree that other lineages are unified, but you have a point. Race is mostly a social construct, cultural identity is what matters.

All racial pride should probably be left to the trolls, but it's not politically correct to say that. :oops:
Haven's most kawaii retarded ethot karen
Ants

Postby MagicManICT » Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:00 am

Ants wrote:Race is mostly a social construct, cultural identity is what matters.

Mostly... there's a very well defined entry in the legal dictionary for "race"/"racial"/related terms. Race becomes a social construct when people of specific races are pushed to the outside of "normal society." The exact definition of "my race" varies from country and region, too. ('My race' being the person who is part of the acceptable social group.) When racial matters are treated equally, social constructs are more likely to build around things like economics (jobs), religion, and other factors.

As far as cultural identity... I prefer to call myself German American. The rest of ya'll can have your "white."
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Re: Game Development: Dressed in Ermine

Postby Alitis » Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:28 am

Sevenless wrote:
Tamalak wrote:Sorry about that. So what phrase do we use for a positive stance on being white and celebrating white heritage?

Being white isn't really a cultural identity, nor a unified heritage. Definitely the same can be said about other skin colours, but white people are particularly diverse in the cultures they come from compared to other lineages in north america (native, black, latin to name a few more unified skin colour to culture groups). I'd argue if anything, white people should probably take this opportunity to say "skin colour doesn't matter" and go with cultural heritage instead. Northern italians, french, scandinavian, slavic, english. All of these peoples share a skin colour and that's about where it stops.

So you're like me, in america (canada for me, but same continent). Your cultural identity has been whitewashed (incidentally, this term isn't racist in origins it's about painting over in cheap paint that happened to be white). All you really identify with is your skin colour, which is honestly meaningless, and your current country.

Totally agree to that.

Sevenless wrote:Don't try to be proud in being white, be proud for being American, or Canadian. Or pride in where your ancestors came from and their traditions. This race bullshit won't stop until we stop caring about it, so maybe it's time we do that.

How about the nationalism bullshit ? :D
Alitis

Postby wonder-ass » Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:07 am

SmackMcBacon wrote:Nice update and I like the hat

what a clownworld we living in

the word pride is offensive and should be removed from the dictionary. if a white man says the word black he should be executed on the spot.
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Postby Headchef » Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:38 am

SmackMcBacon wrote:Nice update and I like the hat

what a clownworld we living in

Headchef

Postby Gray » Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:28 pm

If you think white pride movements should exist then you must be seriously colorblind.

Have you read any newspapers lately? Seen any movies, cartoons, read books, played videogames or done anything media related?

Western society is largely composed of white people and in it's media most of the characters are white.

Even in other places of the world theres the problem of white washing.

Why the fuck we need white pride?
Gray

Postby SmackMcBacon » Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:52 pm

Gray wrote:If you think white pride movements should exist then you must be seriously colorblind.

Have you read any newspapers lately? Seen any movies, cartoons, read books, played videogames or done anything media related?

Western society is largely composed of white people and in it's media most of the characters are white.

Even in other places of the world theres the problem of white washing.

Why the fuck we need white pride?

Because of people like you and your incapacity to see beyond your own bias and the brainwashing you receive(d) during school/college.
Let me be so kind to show you some examples and enlighten you on what is being 'washed' the past decade
Ah that great series Hollow Crown, I didnt know the queen of england was black, guess I got my history wrong huh
Gee, I didnt know Troy was a black man, did you? haha so progressive and amazing
I hear the great Wizard merlin is from Africa too, did you know? Well if you didn't then you got your history wrong BIGOT!

These are just a few examples, but there's plenty more and there's plenty more in the making.

Maybe you should watch some more movies, cartoons, read books and play games lmfao :lol:
SmackMcBacon

Postby MagicManICT » Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:31 pm

SmackMcBacon wrote:Because of people like you and your incapacity to see beyond your own bias and the brainwashing you receive(d) during school/college.
Let me be so kind to show you some examples and enlighten you on what is being 'washed' the past decade

Going to have to agree here. It's like Disney saying they'll never re-release "The Song of the South" because it's "too racist." Sure, the stereotypes are a bit overpowering in it, and a few things border on being overtly racist, but from what i remember the last time I saw it (about 30 years ago because, damn, you can't find a copy anywhere), it was actually a strong movie about American folklore from the south during the Antebellum years. Not to mention, they still have the fucking ride in both US parks and not a kid one (anyone under 35?) has any damn clue what any of it actually is. If only they knew what those characters stood for!!
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

PreviousNext

Return to The Inn of Brodgar