It's a shame.

General discussion and socializing.

Re: It's a shame.

Postby Burinn » Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:58 pm

People calling people who do PvP griefers is embarrassing.

Sorry you died though. Exercise a bit more forethought the next time you do something. Gotta learn somehow.
sabinati wrote:do you expect me to just check the forum constantly, fuck off
Burinn

Postby AtoB » Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:27 am

ChevalNervous is user #160649, there are reasons why less than .5% of registered accounts are concurrently active. Among them being the game mechanics around endless growth character progression (and the effects this cancer has through reduction of character abilities on death) choke the interest in the game out of most that try it. The developers formulating most of the mechanic in ways that mainly benefit the most psychopathic of their customers... does not help too.
AtoB

Postby Burinn » Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:14 am

AtoB wrote:ChevalNervous is user #160649, there are reasons why less than .5% of registered accounts are concurrently active. Among them being the game mechanics around endless growth character progression (and the effects this cancer has through reduction of character abilities on death) choke the interest in the game out of most that try it. The developers formulating most of the mechanic in ways that mainly benefit the most psychopathic of their customers... does not help too.

Yeah good point. People who do PvP are PSYCHOPATHS

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Burinn

Postby Apocoreo » Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:16 am

I do have some interest in his relaxed death penalties, but he goes way too far. 5 stats points is easy to get back, you might even get stronger if your hunger is reset on death. Maybe you lose 50 stat points? Would have the same effect on him anyway.

As much as losing a player hurts, can you imagine trying to criticize a game you KNOW you don't understand ? Good riddance. I mean we all do stupid shit when we first start, but mine was to suggest bridges lol. I even had a village fall the same way. We walled off our cave, my friend refused to close the cave gate because wE wOuLd SeE a MiNhOlE, back when mineholes had to dry, low and behold we got raided. Didn't post about it, just learned.

Fuck the hat raiding though. Don't give them shit.
i like game grumps

#1 Moloch acolyte
Apocoreo

Postby Audiosmurf » Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:21 am

Apocoreo wrote:As much as losing a player hurts, can you imagine trying to criticize a game you KNOW you don't understand ? Good riddance.

I was looking for a way to phrase this, but you nailed it. OP is speaking with way too much surety for someone who's admittedly a noob.
jorb wrote:Audiosmurf isis a fantastic poster/genius and his meatintellect is huge

NORMALIZE IT
banok wrote:i've been playing hnh thru 10 years of involuntary celibacy and I always build my palisade in 5 minutes so if a new player cant figure it out straight away they can get fucked and chug bleach
Audiosmurf

Postby Ysh » Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:01 am

Audiosmurf wrote:
Apocoreo wrote:As much as losing a player hurts, can you imagine trying to criticize a game you KNOW you don't understand ? Good riddance.

I was looking for a way to phrase this, but you nailed it. OP is speaking with way too much surety for someone who's admittedly a noob.

Every man who will play your game will start as nab. Even if some thing is problem for nabs only, this does not mean it is good idea to ignore it.
Kaios wrote:Spice Girls are integral to understanding Ysh's thought process when communicating, duly noted.

I have become victory of very nice Jordan Coles Contest! Enjoy my winning submit here if it pleasures you.
Ysh

Postby Audiosmurf » Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:27 am

Ysh wrote:
Audiosmurf wrote:

Every man who will play your game will start as nab. Even if some thing is problem for nabs only, this does not mean it is good idea to ignore it.

I wouldn't suggest that we necessarily ignore feedback from anyone, but I mean, I'm referring specifically to statements like
ChevalNervous wrote:Do you realize that i'm trying to be constructive here? I will probably check back next year and read the patch notes to see if there's any improvement.
I want this game to succeed but right now, it's just not right.

Even as a veteran, I wouldn't be comfortable stating my opinions on the state of the game like this, as though they were facts.
jorb wrote:Audiosmurf isis a fantastic poster/genius and his meatintellect is huge

NORMALIZE IT
banok wrote:i've been playing hnh thru 10 years of involuntary celibacy and I always build my palisade in 5 minutes so if a new player cant figure it out straight away they can get fucked and chug bleach
Audiosmurf

Postby ChevalNervous » Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:22 am

ChevalNervous wrote:Do you realize that i'm trying to be constructive here? I will probably check back next year and read the patch notes to see if there's any improvement.
I want this game to succeed but right now, it's just not right.

Audiosmurf wrote:Even as a veteran, I wouldn't be comfortable stating my opinions on the state of the game like this, as though they were facts.

My friends have been playing this game for 4+ years so they have been educating me on how everything works so please pardon my arrogance.
While it's true that i'm a newbie here and that I only have been playing for weeks, I ''think'' I have a good grasp on how the systems work.

Besides, it's 2020 so like most players here, I have played them all and use my experiences in these other games as a frame of reference.
Example: This game would be 200% better if it adopted a combat system and a death system similar to the ones in Ultima Online.

I am not trying to be an asshole but I feel that I am a voice for all the players who have played for 2-4 weeks and then left the game because of it's flaws.
You guys love this game and it shows! Most players replying here appears to be on the defensive and cant wait for me to disappear because they don't like the the crisitism. :D
ChevalNervous

Postby Burinn » Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:29 am

I would not use your experience with other games to inform how you think the mechanics of this game work lmao.

Maybe suggest all of your wonderful ideas in a thread instead of posting a WOE IS ME I QUIT THIS IS AWFUL! HOW COULD THE DEVS BE SO SHORTSIGHTED! thread pandering for pity.

haha uh yikes sweetie youre posting cringe
Burinn

Postby Audiosmurf » Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:36 am

ChevalNervous wrote:I'm not arrogant but everyone who disagrees with me is just oversensitive and defensive and can't handle criticism

Hmmm.

NORMALIZE IT
Audiosmurf

PreviousNext

Return to The Inn of Brodgar