Worth getting into this late?

General discussion and socializing.

Re: Worth getting into this late?

Postby CSPAN » Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:22 pm

jorb wrote:No better time than now tbh.

Debatable!

It all more or less depends on the experience you're after. Now would be a good time to learn the mechanics and formulate a strong routine so that you are more prepared for a world start. World starts are truly, in my opinion, the most fun and exciting point in the game. Everything is new, you feel like you are genuinely exploring places others have not. Geopolitics and related pvp scenarios are much more prominent during this period too. It's overall much more exciting.

But if you're goal is to simply learn at your own pace without heavy threat to you and your things, now is great, just don't expect to truly be competitive.
LS of Twin Lakes BIG TRUCKS
CSPAN

Postby talon00302 » Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:50 am

CSPAN wrote:
jorb wrote:No better time than now tbh.

Debatable!

It all more or less depends on the experience you're after. Now would be a good time to learn the mechanics and formulate a strong routine so that you are more prepared for a world start. World starts are truly, in my opinion, the most fun and exciting point in the game. Everything is new, you feel like you are genuinely exploring places others have not. Geopolitics and related pvp scenarios are much more prominent during this period too. It's overall much more exciting.

But if you're goal is to simply learn at your own pace without heavy threat to you and your things, now is great, just don't expect to truly be competitive.

@Jorb make this man a mod, he needs a gold star for giving real feedback and not having some passive aggressive, sarcastic attitude every post like MagicManICT.
talon00302

Postby MagicManICT » Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:03 am

talon00302 wrote:@Jorb make this man a mod, he needs a gold star for giving real feedback and not having some passive aggressive, sarcastic attitude every post like MagicManICT.

Feel free to take the job. I'll tell you like I tell everyone else: I'm a broke ass chump and can't pay the sub, so I give what I can afford. I have time, so I give that. If anyone wants a professional attitude, I'm more than willing to give it for the right price (and that price is pretty damn cheap), but I don't give it away for free.

For what it's worth, I find professional customer service, for the most part, hides their snark behind their "we care for our customers" BS. It's demeaning corporate doublespeak.

Also, I should probably clip this over to viewtopic.php?f=39&t=40568 but I'm being lazy this evening.

That said, back to topic:

I'm always starting up new projects that need new characters. I usually get bored with the quality grind pretty fast because it usually involves parts of the game I don't care to get involved in (like livestock) or too much time for what I want to invest. The early parts of the server are crazy. The world almost isn't big enough for the number of players we have, I think. However, six months later, it can seem almost too big--just right for learning new mechanics and changes since the last time you playing, or screwing around and experimenting with things.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Zentetsuken » Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:42 pm

is it just me or is magicman sounding more and more like jalpha every week
Zentetsuken

Postby MagicManICT » Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:56 pm

Zentetsuken wrote:is it just me or is magicman sounding more and more like jalpha every week

I've "sounded" like this for 20 years now. I'm a jaded burn-out who has no response system other than sarcasm so that I feel a little better about myself on the inside.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Jalpha » Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:12 pm

I resent the implication that I am not original.

He does sound a little like me when I haven't been getting enough sleep though.
Laying flat.
Jalpha
Under curfew

Postby CSPAN » Tue Jul 14, 2020 11:36 pm

talon00302 wrote:@Jorb make this man a mod, he needs a gold star for giving real feedback and not having some passive aggressive, sarcastic attitude every post like MagicManICT.

I bother Jorb enough, have pity for him.
LS of Twin Lakes BIG TRUCKS
CSPAN

Postby LtTurtleshot » Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:23 pm

I started this world about 2 weeks ago and just been salvaging old bases and asking help for others ; most fun I ever had. Also the game's never been better.
LtTurtleshot

Postby Apocoreo » Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:15 am

Spend this world trying jobs you've never done before.
i like game grumps

#1 Moloch acolyte
Apocoreo

Previous

Return to The Inn of Brodgar