Worth getting into this late?

General discussion and socializing.

Worth getting into this late?

Postby Mews » Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:30 pm

Casual player, last played world 10 and 11. Is it worth starting in this world with it being so late?
Mews

Re: Worth getting into this late?

Postby SnuggleSnail » Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:26 pm

As a casual I think late world is probably better than early world, honestly. You will see a few less people, but you'll still see people. You'll be less likely to be curb stomped for fun, and progress in general will be a bit easier.

I'd recommend staying on the continent everybody spawns on if you want more interaction with other players, and go to west cont, or south cont if you want to play singleplayer.
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby iamahh » Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:38 pm

build a knarr, bump your Will, and you'll have lots of markets to visit and a big world to explore
iamahh

Postby shubla » Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:53 pm

Mews wrote:Casual player, last played world 10 and 11. Is it worth starting in this world with it being so late?

Its always worth starting. Except if you want to be TOPQL, then you will never catch up, but without bots and playing 24/7 you cannot be top ql anyway even if you would start 1 week before day 0 of the world.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby SnuggleSnail » Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:03 pm

shubla wrote:Its always worth starting. Except if you want to be TOPQL, then you will never catch up, but without bots and playing 24/7 you cannot be top ql anyway even if you would start 1 week before day 0 of the world.

Well, he said he's a casual so even if they were true it would be irrelevant. That said, outside of L9, which has nothing to do with starting early, quality is more equalized than it has ever been. u r retard
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby Aceb » Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:07 am

It is always worth as long as You are not for the top competition.
A quest for a hat. - W10
Haven't spawned yet
Aceb

Postby Jalpha » Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:51 am

I like late world. It's easier to collect every type of crop. You can find stuff with decent quality in ruins to give you a good start. Lots of abandoned places to break into...

Trading hubs are established. Roads have been built...

A lot of people buy into the dream of becoming top pvper no.1 but you can't get there without the support of an entire faction and all of their tricks.

You are also safer right now as anybody you meet will not be sure about how high or low your stats are if you wear apropriate gear. I mean at world start there is only a dozen or so players with top stats and they just kill everyone until they find each other.
Laying flat.
Jalpha
Under curfew

Postby Lurux » Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:56 am

As a casual player : for sure it's worth it. Ofcours the top teams are way ahead of everyone else but as already mentioned : once you have access to the trade markets with will you can progress really fast. Furthermore you will learn about the recent additions in the game towards next season and you are relatively safe (there is less raiding parties now then at the start of the world). With people leaving the game come other opportunities as well : you can find some nice goodies in forgotten claims, you can find local resources since they are not camped because of inactive players...
Lurux

Postby Roxaereon » Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:38 pm

Mews wrote:Casual player, last played world 10 and 11. Is it worth starting in this world with it being so late?

Of course. If you're not looking to be the top dog and just play. Hmu on discord if you want to join a village. Roxaereon#4633
World 10 - Villager - STK
World 11 - Lawspeaker - Krysaro
World 12 - Lawspeaker - Neimrahava
Roxaereon

Postby jorb » Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:39 pm

No better time than now tbh.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Next

Return to The Inn of Brodgar