US Elections 2020

General discussion and socializing.

Re: US Elections 2020

Postby cherryquartz » Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:47 pm

shubla wrote:Maybe I'm just reading the wrong places but what I mean is that I see people saying stuff like "shame more terrorists didn't get shot" and "got what she deserved"
And stuff like "reason why they didn't try to stop is that police are allies of terrorists".
General celebration of killing and wishing more people to get killed for quite harmless and silly things...

If this is how americans think of their fellow citizens I'm not surprised at all how your country has become so shitty.

The president of Finland condensed in good form what actually happened when asked of whether it was an attempted coup or something else.
– Ei se ehkä ihan siltä näyttänyt. Pikemminkin hetkessä syntyneeltä, presidentti Trumpin puheen hengen synnyttämältä toiminnalta. Joukossa toiminta ja tyhmyyskin tiivistyy.
I don't think that it quite looked like that. More of thoughtless and reckless behavior decided in a small moment, fueled by the spirit of President Trump's speech. Stupidity condenses in a crowd. (Finnish proverb)
[approximate translation]

If you think the actions of that mob yesterday were harmless and silly, you are either completely stupid or just trolling. It wasn't harmless or silly, it was a premeditated and violent attack on a government building. They are lucky more of them weren't shot. What it was, was an act of domestic terrorism, their sole purpose was to intimidate, cause fear and terror. Do you think if they had gained access to the Senators they would have sat them down for a cup of tea and calmly tried to talk things out? They were violent and out of control and i agree with the sentiment that the lady that died put herself in that position, she knowingly approached, in an aggressive manner, heavily armed police and security that had repeatedly warned her and the mob she was with to get back and leave the building, she, unfortunately, paid the price for her stupidity.
cherryquartz

Postby MagicManICT » Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:06 am

cherryquartz wrote:If you think the actions of that mob yesterday were harmless and silly [...]

A) The quote shubla posted was what the Finnish PM said. (All you have to do is copy-paste the quote in Google and get a dozen links to various news outlets... all in Finnish.) B) shubla hasn't said anywhere that he agreed with it. C) No matter what it was, it was mass stupidity. D) Harmless? no. Silly? definitely... right up until the time the panic buttons were pressed and people got shot.

I'm not sure how premeditated it was. Don't jump to conclusions you have no basis for. It may have started as a loud protest and someone got the "bright idea" of storming the Capital Building and everyone else just followed along (sheeple...). I think that it's reasonable to assume that someone premeditated it, but I don't think the crowd showed up with a plan of attack. If they had, it would have been much, much worse. The Boston Tea Party was a premeditated act of treason. They had a goal, went in and accomplished it, and I do believe they all got away. (Feel free to correct me if my memory of the history of it is wrong.)

I'm sure all the dead thought they were being patriots and some of the folks there protesting (and eventually storming the castle) think that these dead are now martyrs for the cause. As came up earlier today, rhetoric takes a heavy toll no matter who speaks it.

shubla wrote:Stupidity condenses in a crowd. (Finnish proverb)

Very apt.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby mvgulik » Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:07 am

The way it starts to looks, it could have ended much worse.
Also don't think Trump is done yet ... cornered/wounded animal and such.
mvgulik

Postby MagicManICT » Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:14 am

mvgulik wrote:The way it starts to looks, it could have ended much worse.
Also don't think Trump is done yet ... cornered/wounded animal and such.

I'm not sure if it's a right thing to do, but even Snapchat has suspended Trump's account(s). (next think you know, he'll be banned from Tik Tok, too.)

He's never really faced defeat in his life. He's always figured out a way to squirm out of it. Clearly he isn't Captain Kirk and figured out a way to hack himself out of this Kobayashi Maru. (Or maybe he has and the rest of us are just waiting for the surprise ending.)

Some of his followers have gone way past drinking the punch.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby cherryquartz » Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:20 am

MagicManICT wrote:
cherryquartz wrote:If you think the actions of that mob yesterday were harmless and silly [...]

A) The quote shubla posted was what the Finnish PM said. (All you have to do is copy-paste the quote in Google and get a dozen links to various news outlets... all in Finnish.) B) shubla hasn't said anywhere that he agreed with it. C) No matter what it was, it was mass stupidity. D) Harmless? no. Silly? definitely... right up until the time the panic buttons were pressed and people got shot.

I'm not sure how premeditated it was. Don't jump to conclusions you have no basis for. It may have started as a loud protest and someone got the "bright idea" of storming the Capital Building and everyone else just followed along (sheeple...). I think that it's reasonable to assume that someone premeditated it, but I don't think the crowd showed up with a plan of attack. If they had, it would have been much, much worse. The Boston Tea Party was a premeditated act of treason. They had a goal, went in and accomplished it, and I do believe they all got away. (Feel free to correct me if my memory of the history of it is wrong.)

I'm sure all the dead thought they were being patriots and some of the folks there protesting (and eventually storming the castle) think that these dead are now martyrs for the cause. As came up earlier today, rhetoric takes a heavy toll no matter who speaks it.

shubla wrote:Stupidity condenses in a crowd. (Finnish proverb)

Very apt.

Again, you didnt really read what i posted. I was commenting on what shubla said above that. He himself said that they were harmless and silly things, i completely disagree.
You say its reasonable to assume it was premeditated, but when i assume it is, you tell me not to jump to conclusions :?:
Maybe not all of the crowd intended to enter the building and they didnt, but im happy, and entirely confident, that some of those that entered had planned to do so since the rally was arranged. To me, that makes it a premeditated attack.
cherryquartz

Postby MagicManICT » Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:36 am

cherryquartz wrote:Again, you didnt really read what i posted.[...]

"May have" is not the same as "did." I explicitly made sure I stated it that way to be clear in my statement. A lot of things are done on the spur of the moment out of an overflow of emotion. There 'may have' been premeditation from specific individuals. There may have been no single person, but several people coming to the same emotionally driven bad idea. So far, nobody is pointing at a bad actor and saying "This person instigated this." (Well, President Trump is getting a lot of fingers pointed at him for his belligerent speaking and baseless accusations.)

And maybe I did miss some of the nuance of your statements. If I did, my apologies. I have a bad habit of getting in a hurry and not double checking myself.
MagicManICT

Postby vatas » Fri Apr 07, 2023 4:18 pm

The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby Trappin » Sat Sep 02, 2023 6:53 am

A bot bumped this Shubla 2020 shytepost to page 1.

Most of the assumptions in this thread regarding US political analysis in 2020 turned out to be 100% incorrect. Shubla is always wrong. He's a fucking idiot. The Finn President and PM quoted in this thread? Long gone. NATO is now an object of affection. Not a few years ago 95% of Finns opposed NATO membership. Now the Finns and Swedes are humping NATO's leg like a dog in heat.

PHOTO CAPTION: From left to right left; Sweden, Finland.

NATO should’ve disbanded 1993. But here we are. Late 2023.
Trappin

Previous

Return to The Inn of Brodgar