US Elections 2020

General discussion and socializing.

Re: US Elections 2020

Postby mvgulik » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:53 am

MagicManICT wrote:I'd laugh about the real estate bubble, but it's not even close to the stupidest thing to suffer from over-speculation.

Guess you don't know the finer details. Makes sense.

MagicManICT wrote:
mvgulik wrote:(Lol. Trump skimming 75% of donations into its own slush fund for personal use. Grab what you can before you leave the building.)

I've had several theories of why Trump ran for president... this is not out of the realm of possibility.

Simple googling a small part of my text would show its not just a mere speculation, but a recent fact. (was 60%, is now 75%)
mvgulik

Postby MagicManICT » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:00 am

It's still not one of those "slap his ass in prison; we got him" things yet. We all know Michael Jackson had a thing for young boys, but we don't know if he should have been in prison because it never came out in court. We don't know some of this for sure about Trump yet. Much like the 2016 election investigation, there is only so much that gets presented to the public. There are some interesting leads, but interesting leads don't always lead to criminal charges, or even enough grounds for civil suits. Because he's been the President, we, the public, may never get to hear those details... at least in our lifetimes. Hell, we can still only speculate about the Kennedy assassination because there are many documents that are still listed as confidential or stronger.

I don't like Trump. I never have liked him and have seen his name in the media since the early to mid 80s. I did have respect for him at one point for being a successful business mogul, but then he ruined that opinion fairly quickly. He's a part of what was wrong with Reagan era capitalism. I think he's headed for prison (assuming someone doesn't pardon him or assuming some deal isn't cut) for one of several possible things, treason not being out of the question. "Avoiding prison" was also another on the list... (smart move would have been pull a Nixon--retire when impeached and have your VP-now-Pres pardon you of all your wrongdoings.)
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Jalpha » Thu Nov 26, 2020 1:11 am

So I guess it's over now right? Even Trump has given in.

What is going to happen now in the USA?
Laying flat.
Jalpha
Under curfew

Postby MagicManICT » Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:34 am

Jalpha wrote:So I guess it's over now right? Even Trump has given in.

Maybe? I certainly wouldn't call it giving in. Then there are those trying to push the more conspiracy minded legal avenues: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... fraud.html One of many articles on the matter, and even the Trump legal team is trying to disavow these actions (and the lawyer herself).

@mvgulik: I might not know the finer details over the 2008 recession and housing market collapse. It was all pretty stupid and may even be considered laughable, but I was thinking more in an overall historical sense that it's hardly the stupidest thing to ever cause a major financial crisis. I was thinking more how a simple little thing like tulips completely ruined financial markets for years way back when the idea of a free market economy was new. No, this time was a facepalm moment because we'd already seen more than a few major fuck-ups when it came to managing money (the S&L collapse in the 80s) and playing too far into the margins (1929) by those that should know better. Some people will never learn from history, and some people will be so consumed with their greed they can't make proper rational decisions.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Zentetsuken » Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:56 pm

https://www.tmj4.com/news/election-2020 ... ty-recount

:lol: :lol: :lol:

the big fraud reveal is coming any day now right crowe?

qanon predicted this right?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Zentetsuken

Postby MagicManICT » Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:33 am

Are you implying what I think you're implying?
MagicManICT

Postby mvgulik » Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:33 pm

lol

A new high point in the history of the USA ("United Sheep's of America" that is).
mvgulik

Postby shubla » Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:54 pm

I would expect nothing less from the last weeks in office!

Will be REALLY boring 4 years after the 20th...
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby MagicManICT » Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:03 am

It's the beginning of the Idiocracy. Next thing you know, we'll be watering our plants with energy drinks.

Screw that. What's it take to get refugee status in Canada?
MagicManICT

PreviousNext

Return to The Inn of Brodgar