US Elections 2020

General discussion and socializing.

US Elections 2020

Postby shubla » Tue Nov 03, 2020 4:44 pm

Will we get 4 more years or a zombie apocalypse? The excitement grows!
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Re: US Elections 2020

Postby Jalpha » Tue Nov 03, 2020 4:50 pm

Who cares it's the USA. Who would choose to go there to live. Who would choose to keep living there.

Their citizens seem to be having a merry time behaving like degenerates. Whoever wins I am sure their shenanigans will continue.

Australian media outlets seem to be indicating Biden stands a good chance of winning but nobody will know until the papers are counted and even then nothing is certain.

From a personal perspective I don't like the way Trump has been rolling the Islamists and the Israelis into one big ball. I don't like the christian prophecy one bit and I don't like it when anyone makes moves which could be any kind of precursor to armageddon. So I think I would prefer if Biden was elected. What can I do though. I'm just an Australian refugee in Europe.
Laying flat.
Jalpha
Under curfew

Postby shubla » Tue Nov 03, 2020 4:54 pm

Jalpha wrote:Who cares it's the USA.

As long as USA is one of the largest political agents in earth, everyone should care. It's also good entertainment if the big guy wins again!
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby vatas » Tue Nov 03, 2020 5:46 pm

Piece of trivia: if Trump loses, it would be first time incumbent president loses the re-election since 1980 when Jimmy Carter lost to Ronald Reagan.

Also the two parties have essentially been taking turns to have a president for two terms since 1992 election, this trend would also be broken.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Includes how to escape/minimize risk of getting killed.)
vatas

Postby Zentetsuken » Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:11 pm

shubla wrote:

It's also good entertainment if the big guy wins again!

At this point I am torn between which outcome will provide the best entertainment.
Trump supporters might just start burning cities to the ground if he loses :lol:
Zentetsuken

Postby mvgulik » Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:15 pm

> president for two terms

If I read the Twenty-second Amendment right (on Wikipedia that is), Trump can try again if he loses.

If he loses ...
- He will not go without a fight. (Not sure what he can do, but he will try for sure. Any way he sees fit.)
- He will of course never admit he actually lost. (ie: maintaining his "the other side cheated/etc/etc/etc", conspecific theories)

If he wins ...
- He will probably try to get the Twenty-second Amendment changed/removed (at some point). And with the current supreme court setup, it seems he could be successful in that.
(with or without some bribing/blackmail support in the background. As he only cares about winning(applies to anything). And he don't cares about how.)
Last edited by mvgulik on Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mvgulik

Postby painhertz » Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:16 pm

"I shall PERSONALLY witness for you at the shiny, chrome gates of Valhalla!"
painhertz

Postby painhertz » Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:17 pm

Zentetsuken wrote:
shubla wrote:

It's also good entertainment if the big guy wins again!

At this point I am torn between which outcome will provide the best entertainment.
Trump supporters might just start burning cities to the ground if he loses :lol:

No. We have these wacky things called "jobs" that don't allow us to spend all hours of the night burning down stuff because we're angry.
painhertz

Postby painhertz » Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:19 pm

vatas wrote:Piece of trivia: if Trump loses, it would be first time incumbent president loses the re-election since 1980 when Jimmy Carter lost to Ronald Reagan.

Also the two parties have essentially been taking turns to have a president for two terms since 1992 election, this trend would also be broken.

George HW Bush lost as incumbent against Bill Clinton.....
painhertz

Postby Zentetsuken » Tue Nov 03, 2020 7:24 pm

painhertz wrote:No. We have these wacky things called "jobs" that don't allow us to spend all hours of the night burning down stuff because we're angry.

I guess that's why major cities across the country are boarding up businesses
they are afraid all the upstanding trump supporting citizens will work so hard that their windows will explode via the force of wholesome hardworking gumption
Zentetsuken

Next

Return to The Inn of Brodgar