REVIEW: Game Has Potential, But Snail Is A Psychopath

General discussion and socializing.

REVIEW: Game Has Potential, But Snail Is A Psychopath

Postby stickmenz » Thu Dec 17, 2020 6:44 pm

My review after years of playing:

This game is just so neat. The crafting is so interesting and I think it keeps people interested for long periods.

I've played about 3 worlds over the past number of years. Always coming back for a few months to play. I always throw some money towards development as well; more than I should.

So why isn't this game mainstream?

I do think the game could use a serious injection of funds (Round A) financing. Heck, I would be happy to broker that. Personally, I ran a commercial Minecraft server for about 5 years. I had over 3 million registrations in that period with a peak of about 5,000 concurrent players. I know the serious complexities of running a multiplayer community. It's tough. People are overly critical sometimes.

The game is interesting in that it allows for complex social dynamics. While it is interesting, this is also where the major flaws are. After years of playing I'm finally ready to give my review.

The hardcore endgame is rather dumb. Let's face it, no one uses their main. They skimp through to create alts to fight their battles and wield their metal. It creates an immediate disconnect between the player and their community. Permadeath is a novel concept, but this game is just too random to give serious and measured thought to permadeath.

This community is actually AMAZING. It's a wonderful place to meet people and have conversations. Many of us are grinding out. With years of playing, anytime I've approached a village or outpost, most people have been generous with their resources to help a new player get started. More importantly, people have been generous with their time helping new players to answer their questions.

The last several years of gameplay has given precedent to psychopaths. People like SnailSnuggle or whatever her name is. Put a snail banner or I will murder you! You can only speak once every 5 minutes in chat or I will murder you.

During COVID, a lot of people are looking for online communities to join and entertainment. H&H should be catering to that group, but online numbers show this isn't the right game environment. In fact, it's actually toxic. I bloody hate the word toxic, because it is overused.

This game needs good ambassadors. It should be years forward from where it is, but alas it is not. It is cratering, because of toxic community ambassadors.

Make meaningful changes for meaningful impact.

Gameplay 4/5
Graphics 3/5
Combat 1/5
Community 5/5
Psychopaths in Community 0/5
stickmenz

Re: REVIEW: Game Has Potential, But Snail Is A Psychopath

Postby MightySheep » Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:18 pm

I dont agree that its all about alts in PvP. There have been worlds where that is true because of dumb combat systems in the past but not this one. The only group I know that only use alts this world is snails group but that just means they have to run from every real PvP encounter. Without proper accounts they have to resort to only fighting sprucecap noobs.

Regards to snail I think he is a trans person irl or something from what I've heard so as expected very thirsty for attention, feeds off threads like this. Cant really do anything if you just ignore it.

Online numbers reflect what Haven is always like at this point in wipe tbh. Although this world might be slightly worse because shabby updates, winter and all the pvpers getting bored etcx. My analysis sux but theres reasons. Open world full pvp sandbox will always be slightly toxic. The fact that realms arent working as intended might make it worse though because it allows autists to control the global chat. I keep saying if kingdoms worked properly it would fix so many issues.
MightySheep

Postby Zentetsuken » Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:13 pm

Imagine writing up an entire fake full page game review just to try and soften the edge of your big whiny criticism of Snugglesnail.

Crybabies in Community 0/5 tbh
Zentetsuken

Postby shubla » Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:44 pm

stickmenz wrote:The last several years of gameplay has given precedent to psychopaths. People like SnailSnog

Yeah I wonder why devs don't just get rid of those. I've messaged them many times and made even a thread about it but they don't seem to want to answer/ do not care. With very basic community management (well moderated channels for communication, enforcement of basic rules in the game etc.) people like this could be gotten either completely rid of or at least their impact on the games community and players greatly reduced. Banning people breaking rules, removing all their hats etc. is a good first step, and a warning for others. Would really, really like to hear what devs think about stuff like this though, either on this thread or the one linked before.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby iamahh » Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:32 pm

yo angry females are problematic, therapy is the answer for that, not some male infested MMO
Last edited by iamahh on Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.
iamahh

Postby SnuggleSnail » Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:35 pm

"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby shadowchris » Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:57 pm

Those who allow themselves to be raided by snail deserves no rights.

I do find it funny how you, in the same rant has managed to call someone else a psychopath while making a "review" based solely around someone else
W8 HLTU W9 Tartarus,Alfheimer,Niflheim W10 RiP, Dis
shadowchris

Postby mvgulik » Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:16 am

SnuggleSnail wrote:

lol
That's what you get by classifying snails efforts with a zero. (Only one minute. What the fuck man, how disappointing)

(last I checked multiplying something by zero gives zero, ... even a negative)
Last edited by mvgulik on Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
mvgulik

Postby Apocoreo » Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:37 am

SnuggleSnail wrote:

Damn is that Python in Notepad++? I could do that. What modules you using?
i like game grumps

#1 Moloch acolyte
Apocoreo

Postby stickmenz » Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:10 pm

Zentetsuken wrote:Imagine writing up an entire fake full page game review just to try and soften the edge of your big whiny criticism of Snugglesnail.

Crybabies in Community 0/5 tbh

My first interaction with SnuggleSnail was decent actually. I liked her. I even role played everyday my heartfelt "thanks to our god empress."

Then I started noticing how much the community hates her. How everyone makes jokes when she is not online.

At first, I felt bad for her. Then I saw what kind of power trip she is on and how it is all self created.
stickmenz

Next

Return to The Inn of Brodgar