REVIEW: Game Has Potential, But Snail Is A Psychopath

General discussion and socializing.

Re: REVIEW: Game Has Potential, But Snail Is A Psychopath

Postby Zentetsuken » Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:36 pm

shubla wrote:https://www.havenandhearth.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=69697
Another one bites the dust.
Meanwhile devs are having an argument whether or not yule stars should be hung on walls or not.
They care very very much for their community and players!

Still gave 0 comments about the matter :roll:

Your 100s of DMs already achieved what you aimed for.
You got Snail "talked to" by jorb.

Are you just bored or what more are you trying to accomplish here?
Should she be banned from the game entirely? Dragged out in the streets and shot?
What is your end game here?
Zentetsuken

Postby cherryquartz » Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:54 am

shubla wrote:https://www.havenandhearth.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=69697
Another one bites the dust.
Meanwhile devs are having an argument whether or not yule stars should be hung on walls or not.
They care very very much for their community and players!

Still gave 0 comments about the matter :roll:

Yes, remember those players you killed, raided, abused, tried to sell bots to, tried to get them to pay for stolen code. Do you mean those players?
cherryquartz

Postby MightySheep » Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:45 am

I'm confused when I started in W5 I literally thought this was like a battle royale game and I went around killing and raiding everyone I saw. The game has become a lot more passive and casual since then so I guess you forgot its actually an open world PvP game shubla. Bashing an unprotected house is pretty much standard behavior in Haven. Not sure why anyone would bother at this point in world but its not exactly surprising either.
MightySheep

Postby MagicManICT » Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:25 am

MightySheep wrote: Bashing an unprotected house is pretty much standard behavior in Haven. Not sure why anyone would bother at this point in world but its not exactly surprising either.

Because it is simply that boyhood hazing of new players. Bashing a lonely house is much like pantsing someone in junior high--simply to embarrass and bully them. It needs to be done no matter what time it is!!
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby tyrtix » Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:17 pm

MightySheep wrote:I'm confused when I started in W5 I literally thought this was like a battle royale game and I went around killing and raiding everyone I saw. The game has become a lot more passive and casual since then so I guess you forgot its actually an open world PvP game shubla. Bashing an unprotected house is pretty much standard behavior in Haven. Not sure why anyone would bother at this point in world but its not exactly surprising either.

Probably the game is evolving and going into a direction none of the ones like you will like and, hopefully, will leave in time...not because it should not be a pvp game (tho this game is incredibly bad for pvp, maybe one of the worst), not because lonely houses cannot be bashed, but because people like you hurts the game as a whole, making new players stop playing or leave the game, and asking continuously for a new world as soon as someone better than you at botting in the game, makes you loose everything and quit for a time, basically all loosers.

Luckily, if things still goes in the actual direction, many like you will stop playing :)
tyrtix

Postby shubla » Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:35 pm

The earlier was just a general reminder that the matter has not still been (at least publicly?) resolved.

Justifying stuff "because its pvp game" is maybe the worst argument to go for when coming up with reasons why new players who play this game should be killed, raided and thus made to forcibly quit the game.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby MightySheep » Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:07 pm

This game has the ability to bash houses, bash fences and kill players, sometimes perma kill players, its hard coded into the game, it doesnt matter what you want to think the game is about- those are just the facts. Nobody needs to justify doing it, or come up with "arguments", its just a fact that its a pvp game and people gonna pvp. If you wanted to play a non pvp game then youre in the wrong place. You could make the argument about noob bashing in pretty much every open world full loot pvp game. Go try playing rust or conan exiles etc you WILL get your ass handed to you and be restarted back to square 1 multiple times before you even begin to figure out the game.
MightySheep

Postby shubla » Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:09 pm

MightySheep wrote:T

Just because something is in game doesn't mean that its intended, or good for the game/something that should not be changed.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

REVIEW: Game Has Potential, But Shubla is A Psychopath

Postby Mildly_Satisfied » Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:11 pm

My review after years of playing:

This game is just so neat. The crafting is so interesting and I think it keeps people interested for long periods.

I've played about 3 worlds over the past number of years. Always coming back for a few months to play. I always throw some money towards development as well; more than I should.

So why isn't this game mainstream?

I do think the game could use a serious injection of funds (Round A) financing. Heck, I would be happy to broker that. Personally, I ran a commercial Minecraft server for about 26 years. I had over 1 trillion registrations in that period with a peak of about 9,000,000,000 concurrent players. I know the serious complexities of running a multiplayer community. It's tough. People are overly critical sometimes and they're right to be so.

The game is interesting in that it allows for complex social dynamics. While it is interesting, this is also where the major flaws are. After years of playing I'm finally ready to give my review.

The hardcore endgame is rather dumb. Let's face it, everyone uses their main. They stuff their face with cheese to fight their battles and wield their metal. The developers create an immediate disconnect between the player and their community. Permadeath is a novel concept, and completely fine and not random what so ever beyond concussion rolls.

This community is actually AMAZING. It's a wonderful place to meet people and have conversations. Many of us are grinding out. With years of playing, anytime I've approached a village or outpost, most people have been generous with their resources to help a new player get started. It makes it really easy to slaughter them indiscriminately. More importantly, people have been generous with their time helping new players to answer their questions. Which is why they are promptly banned in realm chat.

The last several years of gameplay has given precedent to psychopaths. People like Shubla or whatever his name is. Donate to me for usage of my stolen IP or I'll use your computer for bitcoin mining! Devs better listen to me or I'll make a bot to kill people in boats!

During COVID, a lot of people are looking for online communities to join and entertainment. H&H is catering to that group, but online numbers show this isn't the right game environment. In fact, it's perfectly fine.

This game needs good developers. It should be years forward from where it is, but alas it is not. It is cratering, because of poor development choices.

Make meaningful changes for meaningful impact.

Gameplay 2/5
Graphics 3/5
Combat 1/5
Community 5/5
Psychopaths in Community 0/5
Mildly_Satisfied

Postby cherryquartz » Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:34 am

shubla wrote:The earlier was just a general reminder that the matter has not still been (at least publicly?) resolved.

Justifying stuff "because its pvp game" is maybe the worst argument to go for when coming up with reasons why new players who play this game should be killed, raided and thus made to forcibly quit the game.

Like those people you killed to prove a point to the devs? Are you saying the slaughter of new players is ok if YOU are doing it? Or if it is so you can blackmail the devs? Please tell me why its ok for you to do it but it becomes an issue when someone else does it.

Im genuinely interested why you think its ok for you to do it but if its someone else, its a huge issue. If you can provide a reasonable answer, ill stop asking.
cherryquartz

PreviousNext

Return to The Inn of Brodgar