Preferred World Gen and Spawn?

General discussion and socializing.

Preferred World Gen and Spawn?

Postby GamingRAM » Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:16 am

Now that we've had a couple worlds with oceans, what are your preferred world generations and spawning places?

I personally liked World 12's idea of having a central "main" continent that everyone intitially spawns on, and anyone who didn't like the more dense main island could go to the more outward lands via whirlpool or knarr. (at least I think that happened in W12, right?). It also made it so Localized Resources were far less looted in outer lands. In some ways it sucked due to the lack of biome diversity (finding chives were a pain in the ass on the Central continent), but it gave it a taste that some resources could be more rare and "exotic", more common in other parts of the world.
Last edited by GamingRAM on Mon Jan 03, 2022 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
World 12: Quit at some point.
World 11: Community Fair Worker
World 10: Co-Founder of the Northern Kingdom, Resident of Emerald City, Founder and Mayor of the Hole of Glory, RamZ's Art Emporium at CF, Member of the CFL Rams.
World 9: Founder of SnoopVille, Resident of Emerald City
World 7: Hermit and Neighbor to a dead Korean
GamingRAM

Re: Preferred World Gen and Spawn?

Postby SnuggleSnail » Sun Jan 02, 2022 11:57 am

High traffic central continent good. Overall map size too big every world. Oceans suck.
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby noindyfikator » Sun Jan 02, 2022 12:12 pm

SnuggleSnail wrote:High traffic central continent good. World 12 map size too big overall.

That's what I wanted to write.

It was nice to have active early phase of the game, when everyone was on the same continent.
World 13 map is way too big. In my opinion (personally) 1/8 of the current world size is more than enough for 1000 concurrent active players. The game is way more better when there are players around.
W3 - W10 - Hermit / small plots with spruces
W11 - The Friend Zone
W12 - KoA aka Kingdom of Ashes
W13 - Monke
W14 - Alpaca Farm aka Animal Planet
W15 - Whatever Bay - The Greatest Siege Defense Victory in Haven History - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhyUveSeZ0Q
noindyfikator

Postby vatas » Sun Jan 02, 2022 12:42 pm

I started heavily utilizing Whirlpools recently and they're great way to move to an another continent, as long as your dugout/boat is fully repaired (and in the case of rowboat, only carries you without any cargo) is perfectly safe too.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby daniel9001 » Sun Jan 02, 2022 2:11 pm

Spawning in this world on the overcrowded central continent with huge bases everywhere and spending days searching for a somewhat empty place to settle was depressing. Even after moving to another continent, the world feels too small, maybe thingwall fast travel is too easy. I liked the vast loneliness of legacy.
daniel9001

Postby noindyfikator » Sun Jan 02, 2022 3:53 pm

daniel9001 wrote:Spawning in this world on the overcrowded central continent with huge bases everywhere and spending days searching for a somewhat empty place to settle was depressing. Even after moving to another continent, the world feels too small, maybe thingwall fast travel is too easy. I liked the vast loneliness of legacy.

you know it's not how mmo games work
W3 - W10 - Hermit / small plots with spruces
W11 - The Friend Zone
W12 - KoA aka Kingdom of Ashes
W13 - Monke
W14 - Alpaca Farm aka Animal Planet
W15 - Whatever Bay - The Greatest Siege Defense Victory in Haven History - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhyUveSeZ0Q
noindyfikator

Postby DDDsDD999 » Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:11 pm

Central continent is the best. Early action, no risk of factions spawning on separate continents resulting in dead political world (W11), and people that don't want that can opt out through whirlpools.

Only problem is people didn't know if whirlpools would save them W12 until it was figured out, and noobs wouldn't know.

They should add a mechanic in the spawn room where you decide if you want to spawn on the central continents or the outer separated continents, and make it clear that the outlands are less densely populated and likely more forgiving for newer players. Maybe some extra incentives like more localized resources/natural realm things in the central continent.

Also the worlds are always way too big.
DDDsDD999

Postby vatas » Sun Jan 02, 2022 5:30 pm

I remember now, early in the world there was group that wanted to merge into group I was part of, but they were on other continent and didn't want to abandon their characters. If I had known what I know now back then, I could've easily directed them to use whirlpools. However what happened, they just gave up rather than start over with fresh characters spawned in our place.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby Apocoreo » Sun Jan 02, 2022 8:45 pm

Quit w8, came back w11. Love oceans and am a current map size enjoyer. It should be hard to find people who put the work into being isolated, but its small enough that my ass got found. A central spawn continent helps a ton with that. Smaller now with the return of CSs.
i like game grumps

#1 Moloch acolyte
Apocoreo

Postby MagicManICT » Sun Jan 02, 2022 11:47 pm

noindyfikator wrote:
daniel9001 wrote:Spawning in this world on the overcrowded central continent with huge bases everywhere and spending days searching for a somewhat empty place to settle was depressing. Even after moving to another continent, the world feels too small, maybe thingwall fast travel is too easy. I liked the vast loneliness of legacy.

you know it's not how mmo games work

Not sure what you're implying here, but MMOs are about having the possibility of interaction, not being forced to settle in Ogrimmar or never be able to leave Jita.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Next

Return to The Inn of Brodgar