Russia invades Ukraine

General discussion and socializing.

Re: Russia invades Ukraine

Postby SnuggleSnail » Fri May 26, 2023 7:08 pm

Robben_DuMarsch wrote:Image

ok retard
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby dagrimreefah » Fri May 26, 2023 10:46 pm

Robben_DuMarsch wrote:If you were worldwide dictator, what are ten policies would you choose to enact?

I just need one... the final one 8-)
dagrimreefah

Postby Virs » Tue May 30, 2023 8:39 am

dagrimreefah wrote:
Robben_DuMarsch wrote:If you were worldwide dictator, what are ten policies would you choose to enact?

I just need one... the final one 8-)

Mandatory sockcucking performed by dagrimreefah.
Virs

Postby baphometslayer » Wed May 31, 2023 8:00 pm

Robben_DuMarsch wrote:
vatas wrote:Robben may have considered his post just a thought experiment. (What would I do if I somehow had absolute power in a way that nobody could depose me.)

If it has any degree of seriousness, he should watch this video:

video link

That was a fun video. But yes, I harbor no illusions against the factors that tend to weigh against decisions that would affect the greatest net gains, because small groups of individuals exist that tend to elicit greater influence than the average person over policy decisions.

As the video suggests, I'm sure I would be deposed and killed pretty quickly if I, as world dictator, tried to enact the above policies.

dagrimreefah wrote:lol total useful idiot

I seem to recall you being some sort of alt-right type. If you were worldwide dictator, what are ten policies would you choose to enact?

Total lack of braincells in these types of folks, trust me I caucused with em for far too long. Don't even bother engaging, nothing they do is in good faith and is totally devoid of logic or reason, compassion.
baphometslayer

Postby dagrimreefah » Thu Jun 01, 2023 2:32 am

baphometslayer wrote:Total lack of braincells in these types of folks, trust me I caucused with em for far too long. Don't even bother engaging, nothing they do is in good faith and is totally devoid of logic or reason, compassion.

"These types of folks" <-- that sounds like you're generalizing right off the bat. Not very inclusive, open minded, or good faith, bigot.

Get over yourself you pretentious midwit.
dagrimreefah

Postby Trappin » Sat Jun 10, 2023 11:08 pm

I'm not even sure what alt-right or alt-left means to anyone. Okay, it means whatever people want it to mean. Calling someone alt-right here in the US means Nazi or Almost Nazi or white supremacist racist. Calling someone alt-left here in California doesn't equate to branding one a Marxist or a murderous Maoist or Stalinist. If called alt-left it could mean that one is a vegetarian or a starving artist and reads Noam Chomsky and maybe smell like they need a shower. They might wear $600 sandals to work, drive a $300k Tesla, get photos taken of them riding their $13k composite carbon frame bicycle to work and live in Los Gatos. The Alternate Lifestyle! Seriously. People do that in San Jose.

But alt-right? It means only one thing. NAZI.

Putin is what he is - a version of Nicholas II with value-added viciousness and paranoia. Zelenskyy seems to be just another Ukrainian cheat - last I read he has million$$ in bank account(s). How did he get so rich?

Putin had Yulia Tymoshenko thrown into a Ukrainian psychiatric prison where doctors pumped her full of psychotropic drugs. Can't say Zelenskyy had the will or the opportunity to throw a high ranking Rus into a nasty prison. Who knows; would if he could?
Trappin

Postby Odynak » Sun Jun 11, 2023 9:26 pm

Trappin wrote:Zelenskyy seems to be just another Ukrainian cheat - last I read he has million$$ in bank account(s). How did he get so rich?

Nothing of an interest here, tbh. He created quite successful media projects (comedy shows, movies etc).
Odynak

Postby Trappin » Mon Jun 12, 2023 3:19 am

The amount in his known bank accounts far exceeds $5million. More like 50-70m. Yulia T. absconded with a lot of cash. This is why she was not reelected in 2014.

Upthread: I posted about leaks coming from US sources. The point of it was exactly that. Leaks. it wasn't about Putin being in Berlin or Warsaw by the end of summer. Glad to clear that up for you.

You're under the impression that any criticism pointed at Ukraine is an unfounded attack on Ukrainian honor. It isn't. Being prickly about it serves no purpose. Sochill on the knee-jerk reactionary stuff. I'm all for Ukraine being a free and indepedent country.

Free and independent of Russia, the EU, the US and NATO. It won't happen like that but there's always some hope.
Trappin

Postby Odynak » Mon Jun 12, 2023 6:44 am

Trappin wrote:The amount in his known bank accounts far exceeds $5million.

He produced some dozens of movies and tv series. One tv series was the most popular series in Russia some years ago. Another one was the most popular series in Ukraine. About 100 mio views on youtube. Also he produced a lot of comedy shows. That brings money for sure.
Odynak

Postby Excyte » Fri Jun 16, 2023 2:02 pm

Odynak wrote:
Trappin wrote:The amount in his known bank accounts far exceeds $5million.

He produced some dozens of movies and tv series. One tv series was the most popular series in Russia some years ago. Another one was the most popular series in Ukraine. About 100 mio views on youtube. Also he produced a lot of comedy shows. That brings money for sure.

$5 million is quite small for a veteran local celebrity
Excyte

PreviousNext

Return to The Inn of Brodgar